Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing powder

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I managed to find this in shade 04 at my local Winners (Canadian TJMaxx) so I only paid $30CAD for it, making it an absolute steal. It's a gorgeous gorgeous bronzer. A little bit too dark (NC20-25) but it blends out so perfectly and ends up looking so natural, it's like magic. It's never streaky, never patchy, and never hard to blend. If it does look a little too much, I can go over it with a large, clean fluffy brush and buff it out gently. Lasts alllll day with that beautiful effect and doesn't oxidize darker.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Stays on for hours. Not drying. Lasts for a year.

This is a must-have for any woman I think. The colours are different depths of dark and medium so do try them on properly but once you get your colour you will never use another bronzer. It provides warmth and depth to the face and it blends very well, softening the makeup underneath. Overall, amazing product to pair with your red lips.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Great colors for medium complexion women of color. #07 and #08 are the two darkest colors but word to the wise, they have very different undertones and depth, so if you're brown skin I suggest going in to the store to try them on. I actually found that #08 was actually a little lighter and more neutral than #07, which was warmer and darker. Kinda counter intuitive.
I have #08 and I love it. It isn't orangey but still gives warmth to my complexion. It doesn't break me out and blends lovely as well. It is not chalky at all, doesn't catch dry skin or highlight pores or texture. I find it fairly hydrating. It does have an older lady fragrance... maybe lilac but it's not overwhelming. My only complaint is the packaging, the hinge on the compact is weak and will inevitably break, exposing your product to air and gouges. That is very annoying.
I would also love to buy 07 as well but at $60 a pop it hasn't exactly happened.

Is it a pretty bronzer? Yes. Is it worth $60? Not really. That's the bottom line for me. I'm too young to remember what it was like when these were first released but from what I understand it was pretty revolutionary in the beauty world. Makeup has significantly advanced since then and I just don't think you need to spend THIS much money to get a decent bronzer. There are other great options out there for a less cringe worthy price tag i.e Bobbi Brown, Nars, Too Faced.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Unlike their old bronzing liquid (called terracotta tinted moisturizer, with the wood cap and glass bottle), I don't understand the hype for this bronzing powder. It must be individual preference, but I have noticed that it wafts around the face easily and wears off (although not in a patchy way, since it applies so sheerly). I have it in 03. The colour is fine. Orange-brown, suits me. The powder is finely milled but I think it does not adhere well. Also, perhaps due to being so light in texture, I just don't think it applies very evenly despite having tried different brushes. You have to build it up but then the unevenness shows. I don't want to name her but a beauty blogger unintentionally displayed this in her rave review... if you Google Guerlain bronzing powder u might come across the image. There is a before and after, and the after is not a soft smooth buffed out tan colour, but an uneven splotch. That is how it often ends up on me. I think that Too Faced bronzers all top Guerlain. This is better for an allover wash of bronze with a big powder brush, perhaps...like a deep setting powder... but that isn't how I always want bronzer to work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It is "the" bronzer. A classic. Never broke me out. Perfect shade (3). When I'm not in the mood to put any makeup on, I just put this on. It makes my face look lively, racist and fresh. I will always repurchase as long as Guerlain makes it. Just make sure you buy the Brush guerlain makes for putting bronzer on. I think it makes the difference as much as the bronzer itself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Gorgeous bronzer. I have tons of bronzers but I always feel like I don't have that st tropez sexy tan. I am an NC45 in MAC for reference. I bought this in #7. I do love it but I didn't love the price. Until I find something better I will repurchase.
I took of 2 lippies for price and cheap packaging.

In love with this product. It's the perfect bronzer: not too dark, stays put for several hours, not an obnoxious level of shimmer. I do prefer a completely matte bronzer for daytime (Bobbi Brown), but this is my go-to nighttime bronzer. Only downfall is the packaging. Compact hinge broke after about a month of use, now the clasp digs into the bronzer when it's just simply "stacked" on top and makes a mess in my makeup bag. Hard to transport when broken, but I still make it work because I love the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love! Gives me a perfect bronzed glow!!! My compact clasp broke after a week though, so it makes it hard to travel with ;(