wet n wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

2.4

on 5/24/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this for $1.99 at Kmart and I must say that this is a nice alternative to those who aren't comfortable with traditional liquid liners. It's just like a marker, offering the precision of using a fine-tipped felt pen or marker, though it has a slightly more flimsy tip. I was looking at the L'oreal version of this for a while, but didn't want to spend $7+ on something I wasn't sure about. So glad I found this instead! it has definitely satisfied my curiosity. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is, as the reviewer mentioned below, it isn't as rich as liquid liners and it tends to fade a little during the day. I'm completely comfortable with liquid liners anyway, but this will be nice on my lazier days. =)

on 8/28/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was initially attracted to this product because of the price. For 1.99 even if it sucked, it wouldn't be too much of a loss. I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of application of this liner. It seems like it would be very hard to mess this up. My only real gripe about this product is that it fades thru out the day. I solved this by putting a little bit of black matte e/s on top of it and that helps alot . It also helps to make the line a little less harsh. I haven't used this liner enough to say how fast it dries out but so far I am a fan of this liner. I would def suggest anyone afraid of working with liquid liner try this out. its almost dummy -proof!

on 9/18/2009 6:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

PROS:
-great for a beginner to practice because the application is super easy!
-good color
-super cheap
CONS:
-the pen dries out too quickly, so the sides of the tip will have alot of product but then the actual tip won't after a few applications

I HATE THIS PRODUCT!! I wanted to purchase an inexpensive liquid eyeliner after running out of my MAC liner and was totally unimpressed. The "black" color was so unpigmented it look like a very very light grey color. I put on 10 coats and still had no noticable amount of color. The consistency isn't even the slightest bit creamy it feels like you're trying to put water on your eyes. I don't know how anyone could possibly like this. This stuff is not even worth the low price it's sold for...the only place it should be applied is in the TRASH.

on 11/12/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

such a disappointment :( there are a lot of W'n'W products that i looooove (the 648 Taupe eyeliner pencil is my HG for brows, their All Over Shimmer 832D highlighter was the best highlighter i've ever owned in my whole life, i have no idea WHY they would EVER discontinue it when it was such a cult favorite) and so i'm always game for trying new W'n'W products. i decided to try their version of the marker-style liquid eyeliner because i fell madly in love with Styli-Style's Nano Liner 24 in Carbon Black (not to be confused with their regular, longer version which sucks, the Nano Liner is smaller) and i can no longer find it at the grocery store closest to my house, so i looked to W'n'W for a replacement. Unfortunately, no dice. while the shape, length, and tip of the liner is good, the color is VERY weak and un-pigmented. at best it comes out a soft black/medium dark grey, and when i want to do a winged eyeliner look, i want super dark opaque black that stands out and makes a powerful statement. it should LOOK like opaque, shiny, black paint until it dries to an equally dark, matte finish, and instead this actually looks like the line a kindergartener's black marker (and not a fresh one) would make on a piece of paper. anyways, i guess if you're looking for a softer, milder version of a black liquid marker style liner than this might be good for you, but if you want the traditional, opaque, Marilyn Monroe look, this is not the one. i guess i'll keep on looking, or just order my Styli-Style Nano Liner 24 from somewhere online.

on 12/7/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my second marker type of eyeliner and I think that it beats the Elf marker by 100%! I find that it glides on very nicely and the color payoff is great! The only reason I gave this a 4 is because sometimes it seems like there is no color coming out so I need to shake the pen to get the liquid to come back out. I bought this at walmart in canada and it's 6.99$ which I find is crazy expensive for WNW products. I will be repurchasing because I really do like this eyeliner. I find it's much better than gel or cream liners.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely terrible product, it's streaky not very opaque and smudges. :(

Absolutely horrible. Since I've never used a felt-tip liner before, I figured I'd buy this to practice with. I've used their Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner (the one with the brush), which worked pretty well, so I figured this would too. I also thought that if it didn't work, no big deal, since it was an inexpensive product. My local CVS doesn't seem to carry the Milani Eye Tech Extreme liquid eyeliner, so I thought that this product would be a decent alternative. However, I quickly changed my mind after using this.

I did a few test strokes on my hand, which seemed fine. When I applied it to my upper lash line, it hurt terribly. It felt like my eyelids were being scratched, and the pen was pulling on my eyelid. I had absolutely no control over the pen, so it was skidding everywhere across my eye. It at first made a really thin line -- to the point that it was ridiculously thin. When I tried to make the line thicker, it was difficult and wouldn't cooperate, and eventually ended up smudging.

As for the color, it wasn't gray, like other people have been describing it, but it's rather a muted black. Certainly not "Blackest Black".

I will definitely be returning this, which is a big deal for me. I've NEVER returned a cosmetics purchase before, since I've always found some way to deal with the product in question. However, this one is going back right away. Thank goodness I kept the receipt, and that CVS allows returns on used cosmetics.

Okay, so yes, this does not last in color for long, which kinda stinks, but personally I like the muted black/gray it ends up as. It works good for a relaxed, almost no makeup day. I like the felt tip, and its easy to control. It has never smudged for me or anything either. Yes, it fades, and yes, you can't wear it with eye shadow really, but it is great for a simple make-up day. I like it

on 8/23/2012 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eff. This. Product. A few months ago, I purchased the E.L.F eyeliner pen, a similar product, and loved it (seriously, it works so much better and is cheaper), but I stupidly left the cap off one night and it dried out. I saw this on sale and decided to give it a try in black and brown. The black actually works ok, but the brown looks AWFUL. It looks smeared on and I think it's an unflattering shade of brown. That might just be for my coloring and taste, but I will definitely not be repurchasing.