wet n wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

2.6

on 11/3/2011 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Whoa! I'm shocked at some of the negative and so-so reviews.
I love this so much that I put a halo around it---with rays of light no less!! For my dark eyes, this is very pigmented. The felt tip is fabulous. I was able to make perfect cat-eyes this morning so that alone is enough to make me love this. Stays put for me. You can make your line as thin or as thick as you want.
Price is so right that I think I'll head to the store and pick up a couple more!

on 8/13/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The main reason I bought this was because of the price and because the store was out of my maybelline master precise eyeliner, the tip is hard and it goes on really dark which I liked, it lasts a decent amount of time and does not fade or smudge at all, when I went to remove it it flakes off which is weird. I defiantly prefer master precise but I'll buy it again if my first choice isn't in stock

on 6/19/2015 1:29:00 PM

USD $3.99. I seem to have gotten really lucky with this one as I have not had any problems with this eyeliner. But I haven't used this on top of eyeshadows as I don't wear much color on my eyes now. The color was intense black, and I loved that the felt tip was very pointed and firm. I've used Lancome Artliner for years, and my pet peeves with Artliner is that the tip is a little too fliexible and broad, so it's hard to get a thin line. With this pen, however, I could really control the thickness of the liner and get a nice cat's eye finish at the end. Even midway through a farily humid day, I didn't see any fading or raccoon eyes. Overall, awesome buy, IMO.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like this liner. It's not the darkest on the first swipe (but i'm so bad at eyeliner that i need to draw over my line multiple times, anyway) but it definitely makes a clear line and dries fast. My eyelids are a bit oily so halfway through the day there'll be a little buildup on the outer corners of my eyes, but if i wipe that away the line if still almost perfect.
The cap kind of sucks, though. It doesn't click shut or seem very tight so I'm worried that it will dry out before I'm done using it.

This is the first liquid eyeliner I've owned and I really like it.

on 12/7/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my second marker type of eyeliner and I think that it beats the Elf marker by 100%! I find that it glides on very nicely and the color payoff is great! The only reason I gave this a 4 is because sometimes it seems like there is no color coming out so I need to shake the pen to get the liquid to come back out. I bought this at walmart in canada and it's 6.99$ which I find is crazy expensive for WNW products. I will be repurchasing because I really do like this eyeliner. I find it's much better than gel or cream liners.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a must have for me! I normally put on a black crayon liner first then the liquid just so it's darker and more intense. But it's fine without a primer. I've learned the trick is when you store in your makeup case or whatever put in with cap down that way it last longer then if it's just laying around. But anyways I love it a lot! <3

on 5/24/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this for $1.99 at Kmart and I must say that this is a nice alternative to those who aren't comfortable with traditional liquid liners. It's just like a marker, offering the precision of using a fine-tipped felt pen or marker, though it has a slightly more flimsy tip. I was looking at the L'oreal version of this for a while, but didn't want to spend $7+ on something I wasn't sure about. So glad I found this instead! it has definitely satisfied my curiosity. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is, as the reviewer mentioned below, it isn't as rich as liquid liners and it tends to fade a little during the day. I'm completely comfortable with liquid liners anyway, but this will be nice on my lazier days. =)

on 3/19/2009 12:53:00 AM

I got this eyeliner pen on a whim, and I found that immediately this offered great control. I'm terrible with regular liquid liner, so I was happy that I was able to form a wing on my liner. The price is good, being under $5 and all, and if it dries out (and it hasn't yet), at least it's not as big a loss of cash as CG's LineExact. The only problem I have really is the pigmentation. The formula's more water-based, so mistakes can be better fixed, but the black's not as dark as regular black liner. A great product for beginners.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

i have to say that I really did enjoy this liner pen as long as it lasted. Its a great alternative to those HE or other more expensive marker pens like say Tokidoki etc. I would have to say I love the Elf Waterproof Pens the most since theyre super duper affordable ($1) & seem to have more ink but i would def suggests this to those who maybe didnt like the Elf pens.
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
These can be found wherever your WNW products can be found like in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as Walmart stores. (i dunno but my local Targets dont sell WNW) and the price is pretty great on this pen, it will cost you $2.99 which is cheap for a liner marker. The price may vary slightly depending on location as well as discounts/sales
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The WNW Defining marker only comes in one shade which is in Blackest Black which is a downfall (thats another reason i prefer Elf since they have more options) but the Blackest Black is super black when its fresh! i love how dark it is. Its a little shiny at first but dries matte. It dries dark black. Its not a charcoal- its a black. The marker is easy to work with. The tip is long but comes to a fine tip. The tip is a bit flexible so its easy to line the lashline w/. makes it easy to get right into the lashline. I love this marker. It stays on pretty well too! . I dont have oily lids though so im not sure how it would hold up but im sure priming your lids will helps significantly. i love using this everyday. if you are a liner addict like myself- this is great. Its a great alternative to liquid liner. This will give you the look of liquid liner but less harsh. I also find the marker to be easier than cream liner since theyre no dirtying up a brush. It makes lining & making winged liner looks so much easier. This will stay put on me for at least 7-8 hrs before i see any fading. It does set quickly so ive not seen any transferring onto lid area. Its very nice. I wish the formula would last longer but it did last for around 2 months before it starting drying up & not being black. which is great for how cheap it is. I def wish they made a few more colors but the black is a great staple to own & can def be used everyday.
=PACKAGING=
The marker comes in a black marker pen with silver writing/logo. Its simple & small & can slip into any makeup bag/purse for touch ups if needed. The lid snaps close. It keeps the tip from drying up. The tip is fine & actually really easy to use since its a tad flexible. no frayed loose fibers on this one. i def suggests to store this downright (the tip facing down) so that way the ink will constantly be running into tip keeping it from drying up. I will help in the long run from drying out & being a waste. if you shake this marker you can hear the "ink or liner" in it. Shaking it up a bit too will help the formula mix together. Its the basic marker liner. Great tip & these are super convenient. make sure the lid is on right as well as you store it downright.
Overall, if you are sick of using liquid liner & pencil lining isnt dark enough for you & want some easy & affordable, def try this out! its great!! i love it & will repurchase at some point but right now i have a few from elf opened so i will get it the next time wnw is on sale. Its just real easy to throw in my purse to line my eyes when i need to look a bit pulled togther!

i give it a meh rating, but merely because i expect a ton out of eyeliner, and althought it is decent it aint the best. it's got a tip similar to the penultimate. it is black enough, but not intensely pigmented. w/out a primer it wears off. but its like 2-4 dollars.... can't beat that!