wet n wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
wet n wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black
Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

2.6

This is the worst eyeliner i have ever purchased in my life. I am always experimenting with different types of felt-tip eyeliner pens and when I came across this one and decided to try it out. That was the worst makeup decision i have ever made. My eyes water every morning after applying makeup, but it never comes off. 30 minutes after putting on this eyeliner, it started coming off and literally burning the crease between my waterline and lid. It was so bad that all of it came off and took half of my eye shadow with it. And the worst part is that I was stuck in public looking like a clown the whole day. WORST EYELINER EVER DO NOT BUY YOU WILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:((((((((

on 4/27/2013 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wish i had read reviews before purchasing this, the color as said below is NOT black. it can't even be built up to a black. if you want a cheap felt tip eyeliner try new york color (nyc) they have a nice one. flower beauty also has a decent one. stay away from this, it sucks.

Biggest piece of crap I've ever bought. Don't waste your money.

on 9/30/2012 7:55:00 PM

I do not recommend wet n wild eyeliners AT ALL. I think that one of the best eye liners out there ( that I have tried) is the nyx glide on pencils

on 8/23/2012 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eff. This. Product. A few months ago, I purchased the E.L.F eyeliner pen, a similar product, and loved it (seriously, it works so much better and is cheaper), but I stupidly left the cap off one night and it dried out. I saw this on sale and decided to give it a try in black and brown. The black actually works ok, but the brown looks AWFUL. It looks smeared on and I think it's an unflattering shade of brown. That might just be for my coloring and taste, but I will definitely not be repurchasing.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Absolutely horrible. Since I've never used a felt-tip liner before, I figured I'd buy this to practice with. I've used their Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner (the one with the brush), which worked pretty well, so I figured this would too. I also thought that if it didn't work, no big deal, since it was an inexpensive product. My local CVS doesn't seem to carry the Milani Eye Tech Extreme liquid eyeliner, so I thought that this product would be a decent alternative. However, I quickly changed my mind after using this.

I did a few test strokes on my hand, which seemed fine. When I applied it to my upper lash line, it hurt terribly. It felt like my eyelids were being scratched, and the pen was pulling on my eyelid. I had absolutely no control over the pen, so it was skidding everywhere across my eye. It at first made a really thin line -- to the point that it was ridiculously thin. When I tried to make the line thicker, it was difficult and wouldn't cooperate, and eventually ended up smudging.

As for the color, it wasn't gray, like other people have been describing it, but it's rather a muted black. Certainly not "Blackest Black".

I will definitely be returning this, which is a big deal for me. I've NEVER returned a cosmetics purchase before, since I've always found some way to deal with the product in question. However, this one is going back right away. Thank goodness I kept the receipt, and that CVS allows returns on used cosmetics.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely terrible product, it's streaky not very opaque and smudges. :(

on 2/15/2016 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I’ll start out by saying I’m very new to eyeliner. I purchased this hoping that it would help me practice and prefect a winged liner type of look without breaking the bank. What I’ve experienced so far actually made me hate even trying. It took the fun out of playing with eye makeup.

There’s always the possibility that I got a bad product and maybe one day I’ll come back and revisit this review because I’ll forgot that I dislike this product and I’ll accidentally buy it again. I hope that doesn’t happen.

When I first started using this the liner fluid flowed slowly but created a nice sharp line. I used it once while practicing and the real issue was my skill. Sure it was on my eye but I still looked like a Picasso panda. The more I used this (probably two more times) I got slightly better while this product got drastically worse. The ‘brush’ was always too dry and near the end of my time with this crumby liner I had to turn it sideways on my eye to get any results- results that were very bad. I would have had better luck using a nice new fine point washable marker…but this product ends up performing like a sad, old up, used, and depleted fine point washable marker.

Also the pressure I needed to get this product to transfer to my eye after that first initial use was almost dangerous. I’d rather keep my eyeball, thanks.

on 1/3/2015 6:20:00 PM

This is kind of a joke of a product. First few times you use it, great color, lasting power, precise application. But that really is all you get out of it, a few times. When applied over eyeshadow the marker quickly stops applying and dries out.

on 11/12/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

such a disappointment :( there are a lot of W'n'W products that i looooove (the 648 Taupe eyeliner pencil is my HG for brows, their All Over Shimmer 832D highlighter was the best highlighter i've ever owned in my whole life, i have no idea WHY they would EVER discontinue it when it was such a cult favorite) and so i'm always game for trying new W'n'W products. i decided to try their version of the marker-style liquid eyeliner because i fell madly in love with Styli-Style's Nano Liner 24 in Carbon Black (not to be confused with their regular, longer version which sucks, the Nano Liner is smaller) and i can no longer find it at the grocery store closest to my house, so i looked to W'n'W for a replacement. Unfortunately, no dice. while the shape, length, and tip of the liner is good, the color is VERY weak and un-pigmented. at best it comes out a soft black/medium dark grey, and when i want to do a winged eyeliner look, i want super dark opaque black that stands out and makes a powerful statement. it should LOOK like opaque, shiny, black paint until it dries to an equally dark, matte finish, and instead this actually looks like the line a kindergartener's black marker (and not a fresh one) would make on a piece of paper. anyways, i guess if you're looking for a softer, milder version of a black liquid marker style liner than this might be good for you, but if you want the traditional, opaque, Marilyn Monroe look, this is not the one. i guess i'll keep on looking, or just order my Styli-Style Nano Liner 24 from somewhere online.