Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black
Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

2.4

on 3/19/2009 12:53:00 AM

I got this eyeliner pen on a whim, and I found that immediately this offered great control. I'm terrible with regular liquid liner, so I was happy that I was able to form a wing on my liner. The price is good, being under $5 and all, and if it dries out (and it hasn't yet), at least it's not as big a loss of cash as CG's LineExact. The only problem I have really is the pigmentation. The formula's more water-based, so mistakes can be better fixed, but the black's not as dark as regular black liner. A great product for beginners.

on 5/24/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this for $1.99 at Kmart and I must say that this is a nice alternative to those who aren't comfortable with traditional liquid liners. It's just like a marker, offering the precision of using a fine-tipped felt pen or marker, though it has a slightly more flimsy tip. I was looking at the L'oreal version of this for a while, but didn't want to spend $7+ on something I wasn't sure about. So glad I found this instead! it has definitely satisfied my curiosity. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is, as the reviewer mentioned below, it isn't as rich as liquid liners and it tends to fade a little during the day. I'm completely comfortable with liquid liners anyway, but this will be nice on my lazier days. =)

on 8/28/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was initially attracted to this product because of the price. For 1.99 even if it sucked, it wouldn't be too much of a loss. I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of application of this liner. It seems like it would be very hard to mess this up. My only real gripe about this product is that it fades thru out the day. I solved this by putting a little bit of black matte e/s on top of it and that helps alot . It also helps to make the line a little less harsh. I haven't used this liner enough to say how fast it dries out but so far I am a fan of this liner. I would def suggest anyone afraid of working with liquid liner try this out. its almost dummy -proof!

on 9/18/2009 6:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

PROS:
-great for a beginner to practice because the application is super easy!
-good color
-super cheap
CONS:
-the pen dries out too quickly, so the sides of the tip will have alot of product but then the actual tip won't after a few applications

on 11/4/2009 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I'm surprised how well this works. I didn't expect much for 2 bucks. I reach for this often, over my more expensive liners. It's really quick and easy to use. It still hasn't dried out yet. This is a very good value for the money. I have the NYX version of this and this is way better, that one dried out after just a few uses.

on 1/20/2010 3:45:00 PM

Boohoo. I love this eyeliner marker but it doesn't last long at all. I got literally only about 4 uses out of it and I honestly do not cake my eyeliner on: I do only a very fine line on upper and lower lid. The marker works great - very fine pointed tip, nice smooth ink (not waterproof btw) but the marker just dries up quickly. Obviously not a lot of ink inside this marker, but what can you expect for such a great price i guess.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a must have for me! I normally put on a black crayon liner first then the liquid just so it's darker and more intense. But it's fine without a primer. I've learned the trick is when you store in your makeup case or whatever put in with cap down that way it last longer then if it's just laying around. But anyways I love it a lot! <3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great find! The colour on this liner is really black! The application is great too, especially if your just starting out. It lasts all day without any touch-ups and is easily removed with water. The only con I have to say about this is that the tip of the brush wears out easily and most of the product is on the sides. But for the price 2 - 5 dollars you can't go wrong.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this liner. It is jet black...easy to apply & cheap!!!! I love the application of the marker. I was using the liner by NYX & Jordana, which is exactly the same as this one. I believe Jordana is the cheapest at $1.99. Wet n Wild has improved their products recently. They are making trendy products to compete with the other drug store brands. I would definitely recommend this liner. I agree with previous reviews regarding storing this product. It should be stored upright, with the cap to the bottom. I haven't had any problems so far with this liner drying out. It's an even better deal if you are able to purchase it on sale at one of the drugstores which is what I did...BOGO 50% off.

i give it a meh rating, but merely because i expect a ton out of eyeliner, and althought it is decent it aint the best. it's got a tip similar to the penultimate. it is black enough, but not intensely pigmented. w/out a primer it wears off. but its like 2-4 dollars.... can't beat that!