Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Mandarin 79

Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Mandarin 79

4.5

on 2/18/2012 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Soooo pretty. This is a lovely coral red... perfect for people with gold tones. This is very pigmented, glides on like a buttery, creamy lipstick and fades to a very nice stain. I love it! I feel it is a great every day color, alittle more subtle than straight red...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, I have such mixed feelings about this product. Truly, it is the most beautiful lip color I've ever worn. I am about NW20, with very dark hair (almost black) and dark brown eyes. This color is STUNNING. However, it is so expensive for the amount you get. I used it up in no time, unfortunately. I don't have as much of a problem spending a similar amount on a Chanel lipstick, since it lasts sooo much longer. For this reason, I decided not to 'stock up' even though it's being discontinued.

Instead, with some help from a wonderful SA, I found a dupe - I bought both Rouge Orage, and Bel Respiro. When worn on top of each other, or mixed, it is an almost exact dupe. I normally hate buying two, and mixing, however, both look good with my coloring individually. So, it's a win/win!

on 7/17/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Heartbreakingly beautiful rosey-gold coral in an unfortunately uneven formula. Inspired by all the rave reviews for the Laque formula I splurged on three, and all three I couldn't get to apply evenly on my lips for anything. Even after exfoliating and moisturizing my lips the color would travel, and wouldn't cling to my inner lip area for anything. I have pigmented lips so a bright pink ring around my inner lips = no deal. I exchanged them for Rouge Allures. NC44/Nars Tahoe for reference.

on 8/23/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a coral red colour with a gorgeous shimmer. I love the formula of these, I have very dry lips so I avoid most lipsticks, and gloss tends to be sticky on me, but this is just amazing as its hydrating and not sticky. I can't tell how long it really lasts on me, as I tend to lick my lips a lot but there is a slight stain left after a few hours. I've been getting a lot of compliments on the colour, it compliments my warm colouring. The only downside is that it is quite expensive. I'm really impressed by the quality and am aiming to get Dragon soon.

on 11/28/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am a huge fan of Chanel lip products and the Rouge Allure Laques are really something special!

Like a lot of the laques, Mandarin is a three-dimensional color with some shimmer and several pretty tones, looking very different in different lights. Lipstick tends to look very pink on me in general and so did Mandarin, a peachy, pink, golden red. In other lights, it was a more of a golden coral. Either way, it is lovely! Though it is hard to imagine with that array of colors, the ultimate effect is still quite "natural." Chanel really is master of the MLBB (and "almost MLBB") shades.

I agree with the other commenters about its creamy texture and staying power. My lips are very dry and my lipstick tends to feather, so I have to be very precise about my application. The doe applicator it comes with is a good idea but I need to use a lipbrush to avoid looking like I ate pork chops without using my hands.

It is a beautifull red coral color with a lot of gloss. It keeps your lips from drying and it stays on a while. Makes your lips look a little bigger. Nice small packaging and easy to apply. Perfect for a extravagant look :)

on 4/10/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The Chanel Rouge Allure Laques are a cross between a gloss and a lipstick. They've been very well described below, so I'll leave it at that and let you read the other reviews for a more full description. Suffice to say, the texture is fabulous...as opaque and heavy as a lipstick while gliding on and feeling as moist as a gloss. The finish is satiny, not glossy. Lasting power is comparable to a moisturizing lipstick, which this essentially is. There is no bleeding or migrating with this lipstick, and use of a liner is unnecessary. Application is very easy, almost foolproof.

As for the color, I would call this a coral with a hint of brown. It's definitely not a bright coral, and on me it doesn't go red (I'm very fair with cool/neutral undertones). It's almost a neutral coral on me. It has great depth to it and is very, very pigmented, yet not too dark against my fair skin. I could see this being a MLBB color on some women, although it's too dark and vivid for that on my light skin and lips. It goes with most of my warmer wardrobe items and works especially well with oranges and corals, as well as some browns.

Beautiful, beautiful Spring and Summer color!

on 10/26/2009 8:17:00 PM

These Rouge Allure Laques are amazing - a cross between a lipstick and lip gloss. They have very good lasting power, don't bleed, and don't dry out my lips. The color of this one is coral-red and works best for evenings. The applicator gives a lot of control and i wear mine with invisible lip liner. i loved this one so much that i went back for the color Phoenix (deep rose).

on 3/12/2010 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I own this one and Ming, and I gave Ming a poor review, as I wasn't too impressed with it.
Mandarin shows up like a warm red on my lips, striking but also natural looking (weird I know). I actually didn't like it initially and tried to dilute it with l/g and/or blot it off, but recently I just tried it again straight from the bottle and surprisingly it looked great, even with my pasty light skin and blonde hair.
It is not drying (I thought Ming was), and the color stays on forever. Even after eating I still have a nice stain left. I like the scent too.
I will not buy another one only because they seem to be hit or miss on me, and they are just too pricey to take chances,

on 6/25/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased Mandarin on somewhat of a whim (yes, I know it's a bit expensive for whim status, but my love of coral lip products and all things Chanel got the best of me).

To make a long story short, I am thrilled with my purchase. I own another Rouge Laque, Ming, which is also lovely but not quite as flattering on me, nor as long-wearing. Mandarin is a rich deep coral with a touch of brown and the very faintest shimmer. As several other reviewers have pointed out, the Rouge Laque formula is certainly unique. It applies like a liquid and dries down to a glossy finish that does not "travel" after application. (And for the record, my lips tend to be dry but I did not find this product drying in the least). I tend to prefer a very clean line around the edge of my lips, and therefore almost always wear lip liner - in this case, however, I was amazed to discover that the doe foot applicator and the texture of the product itself allowed me to apply Mandarin so precisely that there was no need for liner. The color is positively gorgeous, and very flattering on my warm olive NC35/40 skin - it also makes my teeth look incredibly white. All in all, a wonderful shade and formula suitable for both day and evening use, and it fades down to a pretty stain even after eating. I am very impressed, and will almost certainly purchase another Rouge Laque sooner rather than later.

Popular Lips Products