Revlon CREME GLOSS - SLIP INTO PINK 005

Revlon CREME GLOSS - SLIP INTO PINK 005

2.9

Contrary to a lot of reviews here, I had a great experience with this gloss.
I own three of these lipglosses- Slip Into Pink, Play Up Pink (which is probably my favorite one- the color is so beautiful!), and Cherry Tart. I like all three of them, tbh.
Slip Into Pink is probably the best nude color gloss that I've ever tried. It's not so nude that it blends into your skin and looks awkward; this color is so slightly pink that it's extremely flattering. I have pale skin, and I think that Slip Into Pink works best on lighter skintones. I haven't had any problems with it turning orange or looking bad on my lips; the color is really beautiful.
It's also a buildable gloss; I like to put on a generous coat because it makes up for the stickiness of this lipgloss. Staying power isn't great; it dries quickly and feels rather grainy when it does dry. I needed to reapply a lot.
The packaging is nice and sleek; the twist top can be rather annoying sometimes, but that wasn't a huge issue for me. This gloss along with the entire line, unfortunately, is discontinued, but you can still find them at discount stores. I recommend this gloss highly for anyone who is looking for a beautiful nude color!

on 1/19/2011 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am so glad I didn't pay full price for this.
It is awful. Looks almost orange on my lips, the brush does not apply evenly at all, leaves a streaky mess, and comes off if you look at it. And then even though the colour is gone, the huge chunks of glitter remain. When i tried to take it off with a tissue a yellowish cast came off, but the glitter stays stuck.
Awful.

this would be my favorite lip gloss to wear...love the color... maybe just a bit too much glitter in it though

on 7/12/2010 4:29:00 AM

I have 3 pink creme glosses from Revlon: Pink Cami, Play up Pink and Slip into Pink. While I was pretty happy with the first two, this particular shade is way too loaded with glitter for a creme gloss. I am not talking about slight shimmer to add dimension but silver chunky glitter that stays behind when the gloss wears off. The whole point of buying a CREME gloss is to have something more understated otherwise its no different from a normal gloss.

I don't recommend this one.

on 5/6/2009 10:49:00 PM

Light pink color with a hint of mauve. Medium pigmentation. Feels gloppy and accentuates dry patches on my lips. Won't repurchase.
Click to see pictures and full review continued >>

on 3/15/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I believe that this line of glosses seems to be a good dupe for MAC's dazzleglasses since they have excessive glitter in it but I don't seem to mind that much. The coverage is medium which neutralizes my high pigmented lips. The scent smells subtly sweet like butterscotch and the packaging I'd say is a good concept but not the best.It looks sleek and classy like most revlon packaging but the click pen is not the kind I prefer because it takes a lot of turns to get a good amount of gloss out. The brush I do like since it gives a good controllable application. Overall I think it's a good shade and will repurchase if I can't find something else better.

on 3/21/2009 11:37:00 AM

I normally don't buy DS brands, but I caved on a BOGO during an emergency run to CVS this weekend. I bought this and a Mineral Lipglaze in Continuous Pink.

I am pleasantly surprised by this gloss, and I pretty much a glossaholic, Stila Lipglaze being my favorite for years.

The color on this reminds me of the old Stila Demicreme in Rose that I have a review on; I was heartbroken when Stila discontinued the Demicremes, the Rose being one of my all time favs. I compared the colors, and they are pretty close, though the formulas are quite different.

In some respects, this gloss kinda reminds me of what a lot of people expected with the old Demicreme's . . . more gloss and an easier application slippage. Everyone complained about how "dry" the Demicremes were. Well, this formula is a creme formula with a brush, just like the Demicreams. But plenty of slippage.

And for that reason, not as long wearing as the old Demicremes.

This color is beautiful on me; I like that it's not too orange, not too blue, and really flattering for my skin tone.

But I won't repurchase. Though I can recommend as a BOGO purchase if you are someone who loves to try new things, not a waste of money.

However, I find both formulas a bit drying over the course of time.

As I am not really a drugstore shopper, but caved on a whim, I won't repurchase. I marked this as a "repurchase," because it is one that I can recommend trying, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

However, I am not kicking myself for caving, and will wear this through the spring knowing that the color is really terrific, and the price point pretty nice as well.

on 4/22/2009 10:04:00 AM

overall, I like its packaging-- click pen is always my favorite since it wont cause contaimination and provide easy application as well. The only thing with this Revlon creme gloss is one click won't squeeze enough product for use, I always click twice and sometimes it would be too much.

As for the color, no complain--perfect for fair to mid skin tone. but it wont look too good on creamy skin tone or dark lip color. The pigment is light pink yet greyish BUT it turns fluffy after hours when the creamy gloss wears out...I have to reapply every 2 or 3 hours otherwise my lips look crappy.

The texture of this product is quite thick or say sticky. Some may dislike the sticky feeling, but it is ok to me. Lancome, Anna Sue all carry lipgloss with the same or similar texture. The other two tend to stay on longer though. considering the price is fraction, I think it is fair to the price. I got it on sale so it only cost me $5. I would probably try another color after I finish this pink one.

on 3/28/2009 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because it was 50% off at my local grocery store, and I was looking to try some new lipglosses. Even though it was only $5, it was a huge mistake. First of all, I hate the packaging. The click-wand style is so annoying....it's virtually impossible to control the amount of product you get. One click, and you have nothing....another click, and there's globs of product coming out.

The smell was horrible.....sort of this faint coffee/chemical smell. It literally made me nauseous. The formula is too thick and goopy and it's gritty with too much glitter. It doesn't go on smooth-it's very streaky.

Yuck. I hated everything about it. There was no way I was going to wear this, so I took it back to the store and got my money back.

on 3/28/2009 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm consistantly let down by Revlon products. I saw this on TV and since I'm a complete lipgloss junkie I had to try it anyway. The color is absolutely gorgeous and would look perfect paired with a smokey eye. That's pretty much where the positives stop. It's a little hard to use the applicator because you can't really see how much is coming out. It's pretty thick but feels nice, not sticky at all. It goes on a bit streaky but can easily be fixed. The color dries up and wears off fairly quickly and you're left with just a bunch of glitter - not a great look. I won't repurchase because I will never finish this tube.