La Roche-Posay Anthelios Xl SPF 50+ Fluide Extreme (for face)

La Roche-Posay Anthelios Xl SPF 50+ Fluide Extreme (for face)

3.7

Euro 2015 version:AQUA / WATER DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ALCOHOL DENAT. GLYCERIN DIMETHICONE ISOHEXADECANE BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE OCTOCRYLENE SILICA DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ZEA MAYS STARCH / CORN STARCH C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE ISODODECANE PHENOXYETHANOL ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE TEREPHTHALYLIDENE DICAMPHOR SULFONIC ACID SILICA SILYLATE LAURYL PEG/PPG-18/18 METHICONE PEG-8 LAURATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL TRIETHANOLAMINE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TOCOPHEROL DISODIUM EDTA DODECENE PROPYLENE CARBONATE POLOXAMER 407 ZINC GLUCONATE PERLITE.

on 9/29/2017 6:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I buy this in bulk. It is really thin to apply and not very greasy. In the U.K. it's often on a third off on lookfantastic.

on 6/12/2017 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pros:
* Lightweight texture, easy to spread
* No white cast or balling up
* Excellent sun protection with SPF 50+ AND PPD 44 (the highest among all La Roche Posay sunscreens)
* No breakouts
* Works well under foundation *if* allowed to sink in properly first
* Convenient packaging
* Fair price

Cons:
* Dewey finish that stays shiny all day despite powdering
* Foundation will slide off if applied right afterwards
* Scent

Also not sure if this is a pro or con but I can feel it forming a film while applying. It's not exactly a pleasant sensation but it does seem to shield the skin against sun damage. Undoubtedly a trustworthy sunscreen but not my holy grail.

on 4/23/2017 10:01:00 AM

Best SPF for face - I always use a high Spf on my face even in the winter as I have regular peels and use products with AHA's so its important to protect my skin. My skinis siper sensitive and I have to be careful of new products which could cause breakouts, lots of spf's are really thick and not great to apply makeup over. This spf is great easy to spray direct onto my face after moisturising, its so easy and quick to use, it absorbs quickly without leaving a residue and I can apply my makeup over with no problem. I have had no breakouts and Iam now onto my 2nd one. Fantastic product which protects my fair skin all day, I will continue to use this all year round

This is my absolutely favorite SPF product of the moment, and bear in mind I live in a hot sunny climate. It truly became a life saviour!

Easy to apply, blend and smooth out. I have witnessed to "rubbing off", flaking or white traces whatsoever. My makeup sits brilliantly on top of it and for a colder time (or when my skin is drier) I also use the Anthelios XL Cream Comfort version which is fabulous!

I have gone through lots of French and Australian SPF lotions, both low and high end - but this one seems to be the best bet as for now.

For a full, in-depth review of this product you can also check this blog review here. Hope you find it helpful!

on 2/9/2015 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The BEST sunscreen I have ever used!! As simple as that... :)
I have been repurchasing this every summer, as it works perfect for my dry sensitive skin.
I usually do not layer it with moisturiser (mainly in the summer) as I feel I do not need it when I use this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing! I am sensitive to chemical sunscreen and it's challenging to find a physical sunblock that is light enough to wear under makeup. This feels like nothing on my face and it doesn't interfere with my makeup. It's part of my daily routine and no sunburns. Sun protection is important and this product is perfect. Good price for the quality and amount of product. I like the packaging as well- easy to distribute a small amount.

on 11/3/2014 7:39:00 PM

No greasiness, effective as a sunscreen, the only problem is the very noticeable white cast on my medium skin (which I tried to counter with a thin layer of BB cream -- I ended up with a complexion similar to the Wayans in disguise in White Chicks).

on 1/16/2015 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my first day of using this. I'm an NC42, btw. At first when I applied it I really liked how it smoothly slided onto my skin and it had a glow to it. I was thinking yay, phew it works for me. I then just patted it onto my skin. But after, my skin dries to a matte finish and is a bit grey, and it's not glowy like it was when I first applied it. (I like glowy finishes). And my nose has flakes on it. Right now I don't like it, but I will try what the other reviewer said about wetting my hands and then applying it and get back to you. This is afterall my first day of using it, so I want to give it another try.

Edit: Day 2 of using this. I really want to like this sunscreen but I really dislike the white cast it leaves on my face. An NC50 girl said on here it didn't leave a white cast and i'm so surprised since I look grey after applying it, and I'm an NC42. But what works for someone may not work for me. I've tried to somehow make it work by patting it in, putting on a moisturizer first, wetting my hands and then apply it. But it just refuses to let that white cast go. If it didn't leave a white cast it would be my favourite sunscreen since it feels smooth on skin and has a high ppd. However after day 2, and understanding that the white cast won't go away, I can say I won't be repurchasing this.

on 1/25/2015 7:37:00 AM

Unfortunately, this sunscreen breaks me out. I tried it on and off and I'm really convinced, this is the culprit. For sunscreen efficiency, I think it is one of the best sunscreens in terms of protection and research behind; it leaves a white cast on the face, but I never burnt with this and felt protected. Packaging is great; highly hygienic and pretty small, so you can wear it in your jacket pocket when you are in the mountains skiing, for instance, which is very convenient as you should reapply after a few hours. My current HG sunscreen is ISDIN 50+ Fusion Fluid, which does not break me out, leaves no white cast, it works, it contains hyaluronic acid and I adore and I always repurchase.

To sum up, I won't repurchase this LRP product as it breaks me out.

on 11/3/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

By far the best sunscreen I've used so far, but there is definitely something better out there. I'll continue my search for the HG of sunscreens but I'm content to keep using this one in the mean time.

Pros:
- No break outs or pore clogging
- Very lightweight and once it sinks in, you won't even notice it's there
- No weird sunscreen smells
- Handy portable size

Cons:
- Leaves a white cast
- This product cannot be rubbed in like you would with other sunscreen. Must be applied by spreading the product on your palms then patting onto the face. If you use the rub-in method, you'll very quickly start to rub the sunscreen off as it forms into tiny white balls of product.
- Stings a lot when it gets in your eyes, eg sweat or from rubbing your eyes
- Price for the size

It's definitely worth a try, but only if the cheaper sunscreens are not working for you.