Diesel Fuel for Life Unlimited

No Image

3.5

on 12/16/2011 9:19:00 PM

I got a sample of this perfume and I must say I liked it. It is interesting a pleasant mix of fruity, floral and slightly spicy. This fragrance fades to a very subtle scent after about 30 min which I guess is a drawback for some but great if you don't want to smell like perfume within 2 m radius.
I've got lots of perfumes ATM so I'm not planning to buy it anytime soon. It is not one of those I-have-to-have-it perfumes for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think i'm crazy, maybe i am the only one who loves it, you know when everyone like the smell on you but when they smell it on the bottle they simply hated it? This perfume with me. Oh well, i bough this pefume thinking it was another one , and i just hated it when i sprayed in my hotel room, I was in a crises because i bought wrongly. But since that everytime i entered the room i started to be addict to it, you know when you don't know if you like something but when you don't have this on you are obessed with it and wanting it so bad? It was what happen with this perfume. The perfume is a mixture of spicy scent, i don't find it sweet, but its oriental for sure, a very strong scent and its not for eveyone, recommed to try it before you buy it, but give it a try before you let this behind, it is not a fragrance that you will like in the first smelling. In the end, it become one of my favorites!

PS: We all have to agree that the packging is surreal, classy and just beautiful!

on 8/4/2010 5:26:00 PM

when i first got it from my husband a year ago i found it horrible, i could not stand the smell, but over time i kept smelling it and putting it on me and the smell got better with time, now i use it most in winter time and i spriz once and the sent is put all day.

i will not buy it again, but the smell is very interesting.

on 5/10/2010 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Its opening exactly alike D&G Light blue, but the dry down is completely different: sugary citrus, nor spicy or bitter although it has star anise n licorice notes: modern and stylish but nothing really special or unique! The lasting power is just ok! U might be in love with the sexy bottle, but make a decision to buy this scent or not, u have to think twice!

on 3/1/2010 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It is an interesting scent, and I cant really put my finger on where it goes!! it has a bit of mystery to it, it is lemony, but not sweet..on me it gets musky..I dont get the anise, maybe a bit of licorice in the background...not everybody's tyoe of scent..it is a bit sexy also!!!
...I dont know if I could wear it all the time, but so far I enjoy its originality!

I got this at a Warehouse sale, $40 for the 75mL and body lotion so it was a bargain.
I loathed the original Fuel for Life. Absolutely hated the scent, it smelled like petrol to me. But I liked the citrus kick of this scent and the petrol scent is not as strong.
To me the first note resembles Moschino Funny! which I love, but turns a little more floral later.
My partner liked this fragrance, and I don't mind it too much. I still lust after Moschino Funny!, but for now this is a cheaper alternative for me.
It's not a bad fragrance, I don't find it generic, but it's not WOW for me. For that reason I'm giving it 4 lippies.

on 12/23/2009 9:20:00 AM

Before I bought this perfume D&G's light blue was my favourite and this is similar to that but a lot nicer, slightly stronger and it lasts longer.
It's fresh and quite sweet which is nice because I usually go for sweet scents but it's not overpoweringly sweet, I think it's just the right amount.
I love the packaging that comes with the larger sizes, the pouch and chain on it are really cute and a nice touch.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got nothing on the original Fuel For Life. And while I will always prefer that one, I cannot for the life of me figure out how I feel about Unlimited. Smelling it directly from the bottle, it's the most boring and strange scent ever, but on my skin it does turn into something tolerable that I could wear.

on 6/9/2009 6:34:00 AM

After a lemony opening FFL reduces into a soap smell on my wrist in no time. First a plain soap that you would find in cheap camping place toilets and then into a more luxury, slightly deeper white soap. Just as when I'm thinking the frag. is over, a third accord arrives, this time quite lemon incense-like, a surprise but not super impressive. This goes on for a bit. It has a bit of lemon, a bit of spice but everything is somehow arrested. I find it messy and underdeveloped.

on 5/11/2009 10:53:00 AM

It's fruity, but has depth to it. It's like a weightier version of Light Blue. I find it less "messy" than the original Fuel for Life, has more clarity.

Bottle is a bit boring. I got the 30ml so it's just the plain bottle with no lace cover.