Living Proof No Frizz Medium-Coarse hair

No Image

3.0

on 7/6/2017 10:54:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product because I read and heard many great things about it. However I was extremely disappointed!! I have dry , highlighted , curly, fine, long hair. I was looking to help bring it back to life and add moisture. The shampoo smells great and felt good while I was using it but after I washed it out my hair was a matted tangled mess. I was hopeful the conditioner would detangle and soften my hair but it was just as bad. It has no repeat no slip in it at all and my hair just continued to clump. I felt like I took out lots of hair while trying to comb through the products. I then used the leave in spray followed by the hair repair. Both did nothing and left a film on my hair which impeded the hairs natural curly texture. The next time I wash I feel like I will need to wash it twice to get out the film like substance on my strands. I will not be using this again ! going back to the Deva Curl products!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Used as directed, but my hair still frizzed and looked dull. I am always concerned I am using too much/too little product in the first few tries, so I tried a variety of amounts but nothing worked great. Smells good, but won't rebuy and it's probably going in my guest room sample box.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hi.
I was really excited to try this because I have frizzy, coarse, long hair. First thing, it smells too perfumey. Second, it made my hair so dry and crunchy and it felt like there was a strange film on it. It also made my hair dull. My hair looked so bad, that I had to rewash it, and just let it dry naturally because I was so frustrated and tired from blowdrying. I saved the receipt and took it back.

I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS AWESOME STUFF!!! My hair has been better than it's EVER been since the very first day of using this product!!! I love ALL of the products from the No Frizz line, as well as PHD!!!

on 6/11/2014 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

What I love about this, is that it has no silicones or oils. It is easy to rinse out of your hair and hands. It smells clean, not that candy sweet or tropical smell that makes me nauseous. The travel size 2 oz. is just perfect. The best part us that for the FIRST time in my life, I was able to achieve a salon quality hairstyle without any effort. The only down side is the price, it is exorbitant expensive, but well worth it. The bottle will last you a long time since you only need a very small quantity each time. If you use too much it can weigh your hair down, but it will not make it greasy! It is easy to distribute the product on hair. I rather invest in this than kerastase, since this does not cause me clogged pores or breakouts.
DISCONTINUED- the closest product to this is the Nourishing Styling Cream. :(

on 11/9/2013 1:00:00 AM

I bought a sample size of this shampoo from Sephora and I'm glad I didn't buy the full size! This did absolutely nothing for my straight and slightly frizzy hair after a week of use. It also has a strong smell that I personally found unpleasant (almost like grass or hay) although other users might not mind the fragrance. I've had much better results from almost every silicone serum or leave in treatment.

I agree with a previous reviewer. There are much better products than this and for a lot cheaper. I've used this product on & off for about 3 years, & now i'm remembering why I stopped. This is definitely just a hype. What I noticed is that this worked pretty well the first time I used it, after that it didn't work well anymore. I don't know what it is, but that's what this product did. It's very expensive, especially for what it is. The bottle makes it hard to get the product out, even though there's barely any product in there to begin with. This actually made my hair poofy and frizzy. This product should be called "Living POOF" instead. It also dried my hair out & the smell of this is terrible. I've used much better products than this. There are a lot of people saying they don't understand the shocking negative reviews...It's really not all that shocking. Trust me, eventually you will understand the negative reviews once you use this long enough, it will become a lot clearer. I mean if you want to spend $30 on a bottle that's about as big as my salt shaker, then that's your choice. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just know that I will never buy this again.

on 11/18/2011 1:27:00 PM

I am shocked at the negative reviews. This is hands down the BEST product I have ever used for frizz - and I have used probably around 70 different products through the years. My hair LOVES to frizz the minute I finish blow drying it, regardless of humidity or products I have put on it. It's not even very curly - just frizzy (my hair stylist calls it "body" - yeah right). This is a Godsend for me - smooth, sleek hair, no greasiness or heaviness -- like I have always wanted but never quite achieved - until now!! HG!!!!!!!!!!!

This is okay, but insanely overpriced. There are products on the market that work just as well if not much better, and are far less expensive. This is just hype. I won't buy it again, especially at that ridiculous price - I'll stick to Redken's Smooth Down Heat Glide, which is by far the best anti-frizz serum on the market. I have very coarse, thick, frizzy, unmanageable hair, and the Redken serum keeps it smooth, straight and frizz-free. Why spend the extra money for indifferent results? (And another thing - the Living Proof made my hair look dirty. So much for their claim that you can go longer between washings - as soon as it was dry, I was dying to shampoo it again).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love, love, love this stuff. It definitely makes a HUGE difference in my hair. I live in Dallas, where at times, the humidity is awful. Other times, not so bad. I used to always pull my hair up on the humid days but I finally got over to Sephora to try it out. First time I used it? Two different people at work commented how good my hair looked and wondered what was different. No joke. That never happens! My hair is pretty heavily highlighted so when it's humid, it definitely frizzes up. I won't go so far as to say that I get NO frizz on a really humid day - but it's drastically improved when I use this product. I will definitely buy this again and again and again...

Updated - WHY ???? Why would they discontinue the product that put them on the map ?! Not a happy camper.....when companies do this, it seriously makes me want to stop using their brand....

Popular Styling Products