The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm
Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/10/2016 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I usually wear this lip balm underneath lipstick,plain lip pencil or by itself and I have to say-it works miracles! It keeps my lips hydrated and soft all day long without making them look greasy; plus,it smells great-I own the Raspberry scent. I always keep my 'Born Lippy' in my bag,especially in the winter,and I recommend this product to everyone out there!

A very sheer, tinted lip balm. It is very similar to the raspberry version however, there is a few differences. The scent smells like the classic strawberry line from the Body Shop which is less sweet than the raspberry fragrance and the colour of this lipbalm provides a sheer wash of red, rather than the deep pink from the raspberry version. It keeps the lips moisturised and smooth, however it does need to be applied with your fingers and as the product is fairly sticky, it can be rather annoying. However, these are good quality lip balms.

To Read all 334 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Smells lovely and gives a little bit of a red tint, but the formula is just too sticky for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The packaging is cute and it gives a nice sheer colour tint but other then that I hate it . It's sticky and really thick on the lips, it stinks of artificial ingredients and it leaves you with the nasty scent in the inside of your mouth

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have Watermelon, Strawberry, Rasberry And Passionberry. Passionberry being my favourite. I love these so much but there are two downsides... They are very sticky and almost feel like a lip gloss.. Also they don't moisturise my lips AT ALL! I have to use my eos sweet mint before. Other than that it's amazing

on 6/14/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This does very little for my lips. It looks and smells nice, but The Body Shop has become more of a successful marketing gimmick to me considering its "natural", fair trade, community-friendly rhetoric. While sourcing some fair trade ingredients is undoubtedly a wonderful initiative, it's just unfortunate that the "natural" bit which they pump up so much is not entirely true when you start reading the ingredient list.

My lips would remain dry and only minimally moisturised with this product. When I was still using this years ago, there was a time when my lips became super duper dry to the point where I needed to go to the clinic for treatment - and that never happened before, and I no longer wish for that to happen again.

I've bid this product adieu and have moved on to lip products which are honest about its natural ingredients and are actually effective in its moisturising capabilities.

on 5/27/2014 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The smell is great, but it color doesnt really show up. But it gives me sheer shiny look and make my lips look healthy and well hydrated. I apply it over a cherry tint and it looks pretty amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for about $4. So first off, the tub issues don't really apply to me since I got it in a tube. I thought the packaging was cute, I noticed that when I applied it, it got pushed lower a little bit so not completely secure. Mine is in pinkberry and I'm not a big fan of the smell, and the colour isn't something I would normally choose, but I like it overall and will be buying again in a different shade,

Great. Not as greasy as some lip balms or Vaseline but I dint mind these. Just a bit more expensive than other similar products hence why I wouldn't especially get this again.

on 4/6/2014 10:57:00 PM

I really wanted a nice berry tint but this on a scale would be the sheerest ever. The smell is strong. It doesn't hydrate. It gives a shine a little color but if you want more do not buy. I would only never buy this again...