Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Fetish Pink #8

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.9

Unfortunately I was unable to swatch this and had to rely on online swatches for this online purchase. It's a whole lot more "barbie pink" than I was expecting, so while I'm not a huge fan of it on its own on my lips I really don't mind it at all layered with other lip colours in my stash. I'm in my 40's so think I have been there and had my blue/pink barbie lipstick days already and have many other colours that are more flattering on me.

The formula though is exactly what you would expect from YSL, I really do think they win hands down every time on the most gorgeous formula lipsticks that just glide on and feel good. They don't seen to ever do that goopy thing when they wear off. For such a creamy formula they do manage to stay put for quite some time.

If you're a sucker for luxe packaging like me you'll love YSL.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HG lippie!! I am so fortunate to have received this in a swap.The packaging is very elegant , a sleek gold embossed with the YSL logo and a mirror on the top cap for application.The best part is the lipstick itself is multipurpose.It is as if they combined a chap stick (with SPF) a beautiful unique color and a high shine gloss.This color to me would be describe as a barbie pastel pink .Gorgeous :)

I amazingly adore this luxorious lipstick its so creamy and wow on the lips. I love the colour it suits my complextion very well!!! 4 sure I will get more colours.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

To be honest I don’t own this lipstick. I wanted to avoid buying again a high brand lipstick and been very disappointed, so I went to the YSL counter and the nice MUA artist applied it on my lips. The first problem was to find the right colour as the range has either very pale beige-fleshy or bright bold colours. She first applied 08 Fetish Pink. On my pigmented lips it looked blue-pink, too pale and artificial. Then she tried 09 Mauve and this was better but somehow it didn’t brighten up my face, more the opposite. Everything else was too pale or too garish. The consistency was not of help either. Sometimes even when I wear a colour that not quite suits me, after melting with my lips it can look flattering. But not this one. This doesn’t melt. It has an extremely creamy consistency that lays on your lips and stays there, living an own life. It “sticks” to the skin but doesn’t sink in it, like a balm or a gloss would do. It has more the dull, gummy feeling of a long lasting lipstick with the difference that it is not long lasting. The time to go home and I had only some colour flakes on my dry lips.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this lipstick but I don't love it. It's a nice colour when it's on my very pigmented lips, not at all barbie pink on me. I think it's a lipstick I'll wear more during the summer. The smell is also off putting as it has a very strong watermelon flavour. It doesnt't last very long at all on my lips at all, at most I can expect to reapply it very hour and then it starts to build up on my lips. Not worth the money.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OMG i found my HG lipstick...i bought this one and pink caress...but this turns out to be my favorite of all my lipsticks...im nc 35 in mac sff with yellow undertones and yet this product still flatters me...the SA recommended this one for me and im so loving it...love the packaging with mirror on top but its kinda heavy...oh well i can bear with that though coz the color is so gorgeous plus the spf 15 your gonna get...if your gonna purchase this one try them first in the counter coz its quite pricey...i will definitely purchase this one again when i ran out...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is one of my all time favorite lipsticks. Wonderful satin creamy formula that lasts and lasts. The color is a little too bright for my lighter skin but I just put a bronzer on and it looks great!! Glam packaging is also a real treat. Worth every penny!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous creamy opaque pastel pink (love the texture of this) It's a really perfect ice cream-pink, but on my skin NC20 it does go on a bit too cool to be flattering, I can see the lilac undertone once it's on my lips which are kind of naturally coral i guess. I wouldn't particularly recommend this to people with yellow undertones (unless you're tan!). That said, I wear it. Finally, the packaging is absolutely GORGEOUS.