Pacifica Mexican Cocoa Spray Perfume

3.2

This is the perfume version of the Pacifica candle in Mexican Cocoa. It's described as chocolate with cinnamon and almond. To my nose I don't really get a lot of chocolate or cocoa, just a very sweet almondy fragrance with a hint of spice. I actually wish that this had a bit more chocolate to balance out the almond sweetness. It's a great purchase for $20 and you can layer it with the Mexican Cocoa body butter. Now if they would just bring back Indian Chai and the Zen Green Tea fragrances and make those into perfumes and body butters, my life would be complete.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This fragrance captures dry, dark cocoa. The dryness makes it pretty unique. There is spice in it, but not overwhelmingly so. It is not very sweet at all. I think this would be great in the heat when other gourmands might be too much. I was going to give it a "3", but that dryness and the price raise it to a "4". Notes (from The Perfumed Court): Mexican chocolate, bitter almond, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla

The Mexican Cocoa solid perfume must be very very different from the spray. The solid doesnt smell like spiced cocoa. It doesnt smell like chocolate of ANY kind. Its VERY heavy with clove--even though the product isnt described this way. And theres nothing Mexican about it.

The dominant smells in this are clove and almond and, I think, cinnamon. Theres also something slightly woody in there--which may be the nutmeg. Its hard to tell. I generally like spices, but I dont like this Mexican Cocoa solid at all.

This is not a pleasant smell. You might not be able to repel any humans with this, but it might work as an emergency insect repellent.

Truly I cant imagine a man or woman wanting to smell this. Its harsh and antiseptic and catches in your throat like some kind of cleaning fluid. Its just........yuck. I have nothing good to say.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my signature fragrance. It's so sexy, warm, and inviting. Although Pacifica's products aren't cheap, they're all natural and safe to use.

I didn't care for it, but then it was spring and cold. Though this fragrance would suit a cold environment or fall/winter. It was too sweet/ spicy for my taste at the time. Perhaps I'll try agsin in winter,when I'm craving a spiced cocoa. This reds on my skin as light spice and very little cocoa.

I tried the solid fragrance, not the spray perfume. But I agree with the reviewers that say there is not much chocolate smell here...if you are looking for a warm gourmand chocolate fragrance...this isn't it. It mainly smells of cloves, and I really don't like cloves :-/

At first this smells like rootbeer and then I get a little bit of chocolate but I smell more spice (clove, nutmeg, cinnamon) than cocoa. To me it is missing something. When layered with a sweet vanilla, this is really nice - gives a sweet vanilla an extra kick. I might purchase a full bottle.

I should also mention that the dry down is very similar to the discontinued BCBG sexy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Im sorry in advance for what I am about to say...There is no nice way to put it, this fragrance may be the most offensive smell I have ever experiences, next to maybe low tide or rotten food that you didnt realize was in the back of the office refrigerator for 3 weeks. And I dont mean bad in that I simply thought it was too "sugary" or too "flowery" I mean this is a scrubber - and I have only felt that way about 1 other perfume in my entire life. Perhaps its the clove and cinnamon that lingered too long on my skin, but I usually go for foody, gourmand scents (hence why I sprayed it in the first place). Something in my chemistry ate up all the cocoa goodness and left the nasty on my skin. Pleaaassseee try this on before buying as it smells nice from the bottle and wore very differently on my skin.

For reference, frags I enjoy include: lolita lempicka, BBW vanilla sugar, coco mlle, just cavalli, gucci rush, VS coconut

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted this to work for me... i was so excited when i finally got it. then i smelled it... the good news is that it does last for quite a while... the bad news is i dont like the smell! to me it is straight up rootbeer. a very strong cinamon blast opens the scent, then it goes to rootbeer. oh well. ya win some ya loose some! this one will most def be going up for swap!

I don't understand the negative reviews for this at all! I LOVE this scent. I have the spray perfume, I tested the solid in Whole Foods and couldn't smell it on me at all, so I went with the spray. I actually tested the spray about a year ago and couldn't stop thinking about it, and finally got my own bottle. There is something so unique about this scent--I have truly never smelled another perfume like this, ever. It's sweet and spicy, perfect for a Southern California winter day or evening--it's exactly the cozy scent I want when there is a chilly wind blowing and the fog is rolling in, also perfect for days and nights in the mountains and snow!