Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

lovely texture and sheer application, but I just wasn't feeling the shade. Universal shades never seem to work for me. This one doesn't have enough blue in it to flatter me. And although the formula is luxurious, it's a lot of money to pay for what is essentially tinted lip balm.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because it sounded really great but as others have said, it isn't red. It's berry. And I knew it wasn't lipstick. Wanna get that out of the way first. It is nice on your lips but my Ocean Potion lipstick is just as nice if not better as it contains an SPF and I can add any color I want to it. The other thing that made me give it a not so great rating is that is does not last long and by that, I mean, before you know it, you are at the end of your tube. I am so thankful that I didn't pay full price for this lipstick. Pretty packaging, pretty tube color but other than that, it's hype.

I love this! I'm on my second tube and will continue to buy it as a staple unless LQ reformulates it!

If you buy it expecting a "lipstick," you'll be disappointed. I'd really call it more of a tinted balm--it's VERY sheer on me. It's so sheer that I don't need a mirror to apply it; I just use it like a chapstick. I love it for no-makeup days when I want to look like I didn't just roll out of bed, and I love it with full eyes also.

It has what I consider the perfect balance of sheerness and moist texture. Some sheers are too slippery/oily, but this stays on my lips without sliding around or collecting in weird globs like some glosses can.

It is also very moisturizing on me. Many lip products make my often-chapped lips worse.

It's on the expensive side, but I've never found anything like it.

My most recently bought tube says "Made in Canada," which I like. (I won't pay premium prices for makeup that's made in China.)

The packaging could be sexier, I guess. It's a basic lipstick tube. The box it comes in is gorgeous, though!

I'm very surprised at the positive reviews here. I bought this lipstick based on my desire to try a wearable red shade. I went in knowing that it would not have good longevity but was okay with that.

But what I'm not okay about is that this is NOT a red lipstick. It is a berry shade -- a nice berry shade (hence my second lippie), but I have several of those already that I like. The shade is nothing special or unique.

And what I'm also not okay with is that this lipstick, during it's short-lived time on my lips, was not at all moisturizing, as advertised.

I returned this lipstick.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was reluctant to spend the $$$ on this because I was afraid I would like it too much...and I do. Now I am going to have to hunt it down and repurchase when I run out, and I am going to HAVE TO try some other Lipstick Queen lippies too. Sigh.

Poor wallet.

This is a wonderful sheer, but moderately buildable, subtle red. It feels soft and luxe on the lips. It doesn't have a lot of staying power, but leaves behind a lovely, even, reddish flush as it fades. For me it is the absolutely perfect daytime red, but sheer and subtle are the key words here.

Medieval is marketed as being the perfect sheer red for all skin tones. I found it to be kind of an unflattering bright orangey-red on me. For a sheer lipstick I found the formula to be surprisingly drying and not at all long-lasting. I bought it mainly because I believed the advertising. There are similar colours and better formulas out there without the price tag that comes with a heavily marketed indie hipness factor. I like the metal tube and the visual design of the packaging, though.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

"Medieval is the red that flatters all complexions. Impossible to detect as anything other than a sensual melancholic hue." Poppy King - Lipstick Queen Founder.

During medieval times, when lipstick was considered a sin, women used the natural acidity of lemons to bring forth a natural blood-red stain on their lips, which is the look that the creator of this lip tint is aiming for. I only joined the Lipstick Queen bandwagon a short while ago, but Medieval has already become my go-to lip product. This is one of those products where the shade will look different on everyone; with my fair skin and pink lips the result is a sheer pinky red, with a slight hint of plum. It gives a rich, glossy colour without being a bold shade, and it goes nicely with all of my preferred eye looks.

My lips have been kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating, as the formula is buttery and light. Having a moisturizing formula means that this product isn't very long lasting, but the concept and colour makes up for this downside for me. The price is a bit embarrassing, but I do like it enough - and wear it more then enough - to say that I'm extremely likely to buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! Such a perfect, subdued red. I apply lightly and can wear it at the office. Apply an extra coat or two and I'm ok for happy hour in a dark bar.

Not drying at all. If anything it seems to leave my lips feeling better.

Wears great. I get several hours of full color and then it slowly starts to fade, but it fades very nicely/evenly. Doesn't disappear in the middle or settle into cracks.

I'm not a huge fan of the smell... It smells like clinique lipstick (which both my mom and grandma used so to me, is just a classic lipstick smell). I prefer lip treatments with a slightly sweet/fruity/vanillay smell. It doesn't smell bad (or strongly!). No taste either.

Its a bit on the pricey side $22 or so for a regular sized tube. Have to say the tube did last me a bit longer than I thought it would, which helped cushion/justify the cost. Will definitely repurchase, but wish it were a tiny bit cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I ordered this on a whim from Ulta. I had checked out this line previously at Barney's but wasn't really "wowed" by any of the products. What a mistake! This is my new favorite lipstick! The color is a gorgeous soft rose/red on me, it has decent staying power, and is comfortable to wear (no dryness). The only minor quibble I have is that I really don't like the tube. Looks a little on the cheap side to me. But, for a beautiful color payoff like this, I can live with it!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I finally purchased this from Ulta last weekend, after having tested it on my hand several times in the past couple of months. I'm not quite sure why I finally decided to purchase Medieval, but I am ever so happy that I did! Not only is this an excellent "everyday red," it is also quite long-lasting, moisturizing, and comfortable to wear. I've always been a sucker for lip products (and have purchased nearly every form from low-end to high-end over the decades), but I must say this is truly my favorite. The hue is a subtle and natural red flush, not something that screams out that I'm wearing lipstick. I love the tube itself, although I kind of wish it didn't have "Lipstick Queen" emblazoned upon it. Like others have said, the packaging artwork is quite intriguing, too.

When I glide this lovely lip stain across my lips, the effect it gives calls to mind one of my favorite paintings from 1893, "La Belle Dame Sans Merci," by John William Waterhouse. If you've never seen the painting, you should Google it. The pre-Raphaelite artist painted an intimate scene in which we find an ethereally beautiful young lady who is passionately gazing into the eyes of a knight, her flushed lips are slightly parted to receive a kiss from her chosen suitor. This particular artist often painted scenes which had been based upon famous poems, and most of his paintings feature what I consider to be a standard of beauty, where the glow of the subject shines, not as a result of the cosmetics she wore to enhance her features. Wear this gorgeous lipstick, and that same effect shall certainly be yours!