Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.4

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Lipstick Queen as a brand is kinda hitting it out of the park for me. Their lipstick formula is everything I could want out of a lipstick—in that the ones I've tried feel like lip balm and are not heavily pigmented. I know that's not what everyone wants out of their lipstick, but I'm in love with the ease, comfort, and peace of mind I get out of their lipsticks. Medieval is a very wearable red for someone like me who is afraid of wearing red lipstick.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're reading this to influence your choice to take the plunge and purchase this lipstick, my goal is to make you feel great about spending a little more than most of us are comfortable with for such an item.

I own more lipstick than I care to admit, and I think that's likely because I'm always in search of that ONE that I can't live without. I think this is the one!

Obtaining natural-looking lips is always a challenge, one that seems should not be so hard. Lipstick Queen has done it. This is a beautiful, natural, sheer red tinted lipstick with a medium degree of shine. For me, one coat was hardly noticeable. But with two more swipes I was in love! The ability to easily control the degree of pigment during initial application is a treat.

Also, I think it would be an excellent top coat for a darker pigmented lipstick if desired!

Not for those wanting a traditional lipstick look. But if you're a natural looking kind of person, buy it asap!

For a little longer last, use with Sealed with a Kiss Lipstick Fixator. I'm having great results!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! Such a perfect, subdued red. I apply lightly and can wear it at the office. Apply an extra coat or two and I'm ok for happy hour in a dark bar.

Not drying at all. If anything it seems to leave my lips feeling better.

Wears great. I get several hours of full color and then it slowly starts to fade, but it fades very nicely/evenly. Doesn't disappear in the middle or settle into cracks.

I'm not a huge fan of the smell... It smells like clinique lipstick (which both my mom and grandma used so to me, is just a classic lipstick smell). I prefer lip treatments with a slightly sweet/fruity/vanillay smell. It doesn't smell bad (or strongly!). No taste either.

Its a bit on the pricey side $22 or so for a regular sized tube. Have to say the tube did last me a bit longer than I thought it would, which helped cushion/justify the cost. Will definitely repurchase, but wish it were a tiny bit cheaper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a good PIGMENTED TINTED LIP BALM. I put that in caps because some reviewers are saying this is a great red lipstick, but lipstick it is not. Now, I love red lipsticks, but I love the vintage-looking, 1940s-esque matte reds. So that's what I think of when I hear/read "red lipstick". This is more like a Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Cherry or Passion, which are both red shades (Cherry is a little brighter, more of a popsicle-red, whereas Passion is a little deeper and closer to Medieval). However, this doesn't have the yummy taste/smell of those, so if you're looking for a sheer-ish red balm at a high price, I'd choose one of those over this - Medieval is definitely going for an unfragranced vibe, but something is off and mine is kind of chemical-esque (although it does wear off after 15-30 minutes). Perhaps mine is a little bit old which could possibly account for that, but since I'm very sensitive to smells, it's a little off-putting (a friend gave it to me because she didn't love it, that's why I'm not sure how old my particular tube is).

I gave 3 stars, but I really feel it's more like 3.5. I love the deep color and metallic feel of the packaging and I find that the lid stays pretty secure, which is nice (although I have to say I like Fresh's packaging better; I like that you have to screw the lid on and off, and I like that it the shape of the product is flat like a balm and not slanted like a lipstick/Medieval). Staying power of Medieval is so-so, about an hour or two which is on par for a balm. However, I don't think it's as good as other options for the price, and wouldn't buy myself a second tube.

If you're looking for a cheap drugstore tinted lip balm, I recommend Maybelline's Dr. Rescue Baby Lips; the most pigmented in the line is Soothing Sorbet and is kind of a pinky-red and reminds me of Medieval in the texture and staying power. That line of Baby Lips has eucalyptus in it so it'll kind of smell/taste like that, but I don't mind. The original Baby Lips are also well-pigmented and there's a red in there (Cherry Me), I just didn't care for the heavily artificial cherry smell/taste. Revlon's Candy Apple lip butter is also good, except it leans a little more orange-red whereas Medieval is more blue-red.

After reading my review again, it seems like I don't care for Medieval at all, which isn't the case; I just don't feel like it's anything special and that there are better similar products out there at various price points. But if you have it and love it and it's HG for you, that's awesome! It's just not my favorite in its category, although I'm glad I was able to try it and make that decision for myself :)

This was a Christmas gift which was nice, I requested it after being asked what was on my wish list and my mother kindly did the deed and bought it for me.

I am very impressed with this lipstick, although I do think it's quite expensive. I am very pale and can wear this sheer red with no hesitation at my work place. If you have black hair and blue eyes this would look stunning on you. Reminds me of Snow White for some reason.
The formula is sheer and moisturising, the lasting power therefore isn't amazing but that is to be expected with this kind of product.

I first saw this kind of look from benefits benetint balm, this is definitely better. I've said I'd buy it again if i lost it or ran out purely because there is nothing wrong with it, but I can't help but think there are lots of these sheer lipsticks around these days and I bet someone out there does a better formula - YSL, i'm looking at you.

There isn't anything wrong with THIS formula, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired if I'm honest. For the price it comes in a simple red metal tube, and it doesn't exactly close easily I've found. I expect quality if i'm paying top dollar (or in this case, the gift buyer).

This is most definitely a very beautiful lipstick, I have pale skin, hazel eyes and dark hair with highlights for reference. I can't imagine that this would look bad on anyone to be honest, for those who are shy about red, this is your lipstick. It's definitely an autumn/winter colour in my book, although I doubt i'll stop using it along with bronzer in the summer either! Very versatile, very moisturising and very nice.

You might have noticed that I've knocked a lippy off, and that's mainly for the packaging/price point issue, it detracts from the overall package in my view, I give makeup a 5 for outstanding everything and a 4 if it's awesome but something is niggly. You might not agree but it's just FYI.

If you need yet another lipstick (we all do) then this is a good buy for sure. LSQ formulas are also amazing imho.

I freaking LOVE this lipstick! It's basically just a really nice tinted balm, true, but it's super flattering, has cute-as-hell packaging, and a nice light feel. No fragrance or flavour thank god, so I don't end up licking it off immediately.

My only major gripes are the limited stockists (none in NZ anymore!) and the price - kinda expensive for what it is! Depends on your budget I guess.

Conclusion: super great casual lipstick for people with decent incomes (so, not students).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Normally, I wouldn't pay so much ($22) for a lip color, but the copy and the packaging sucked me in. Fortunately for me, I find this product to be worth the money. I like a bold red lip, but it can be a bit much for daytime wear and I also find that some pigmented red lip colors tend to fade unevenly, leaving an unpleasant look behind. Since I'm not the type that has a lot of time to constantly check my lipstick, this is a really great product. I find it moisturizing and easy to apply. On me, the color is a sheer rose red. It gives the lips a bright and sexy tint without being over the top and makes me look more polished overall. I think just about every skintone would look great with this color but of course, if your lips are very pigmented, you may not witness much of a payoff. If the price tag doesn't deter you or you manage to find yourself with a sample of this color, definitely give it a try. In spite of the price, I plan on repurchasing.

This is a sheer reddish berry. It may be because I am starting to like bold lips better, but I am not a fan. It is very sheer which is nice, but so replicable. I feel like lip smackers Dr. Pepper and ClInique's Black Honey are cheaper and more moisturizing versions of this. If you are looking for a neutral beginners red, there are better options out there. This is too expensive and sheer for what it is. Oh, and I hate the metal packaging, it's weird but the noise that it makes when I open it makes me cringe!

This lip product is versatile enough for every situation I'm in, looks natural and complements my NC15-20 coloring nicely.

I've had a hard time finding a lip color that looks great on my pale complexion, and isn't too dark or bright. If you have a skin tone like mine and can't find a good shade, try this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm not sure what to say about this product that hasn't been said already. The texture of this product is very nice. It feels smooth and glides on precisely, leaving a nice sheer neutral red color behind with some sheen. It is something like a cross between a tinted balm and a sheer lipstick. The color can be built up by applying more coats. It does not last long, however, so if you are looking to prolong the wear you will need to experiment with liners (perhaps Maybelline Color Sensational liner in Clear). I can't imagine this looking bad on anyone, though for reference I am very fair (NW10ish, wear BB foundations in Alabaster or Porcelain) with cool tones, though my lips are actually pigmented.

Update: I recently purchased Guerlain KissKiss in Red Love (#324), a really nice medium cool red. It doesn't serve the same purpose as Medieval, but purchasing Red Love makes me appreciate the sheerness and ease of application with Medieval--you can easily apply Medieval without a liner if you wish (though a liner wouldn't hurt), whereas with so many other red lippies, you almost HAVE to perfect your lip line with liner. And sometimes I just don't have time for that! :)