NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 6/21/2017 11:02:00 PM

Love this for contouring! It's great for an everyday contour but it's also so easy to build up for a more dramatic look.

This isn't as smooth or finely milled as other powders but it works great for contouring. It's a dark completely matte contour. It takes a bit of time to blend: I tap it on and blend the edges gently.

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this "blush" - it's a very cool gray-brown shade that works well as contour. It is very subtle on my cheeks, as my skintone is lighter than NC40 as it is winter, but I like that it doesn't show up as a harsh color on me. The powder is very finely milled and smooth, and works well when applied with my Real Techniques sculpting brush. If you are darker than me, I'm not sure that it would work for you, but if you are my shade or lighter, this is a great contour to try. I love the new packaging too - it's very compact and easy to carry around!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Well isn't it a perfect contouring shade? It is!
I love pigmented products, but not with contouring because it can become too harsh too fast. And with this, you don't have to worry about it being too dark or orange. It is so hard in the pan that the brush doesn't pick up too much, which makes it easy to build up. It blends nicely and is not powdery, looks so natural on the cheeks and anywhere else you need to contour. It is a satin finish, so it doesn't look flat. I like to use it with Wet n Wild contour brush (white and pink) and it is perfect!
Overall, this little blush is my must-have and the quality is so good for the price.
Totally recommend it.

So hard to blend out, and it had a very strong red undertone on the skin. I didn't get that "super natural" grey-brown contour from this. I have a medium complexion & used this on my nose and cheeks and looked god awful.

Packaging sucks, was too expensive for what it was on Amazon (nearly $10). I don't know if they reformulated this, or I got a bad batch, but I would not recommend this to anyone.

Perfect contouring product for fair skin tones. Got it for under 5 dollars - more than happy of my purchase.

Love this as a contour for pale skin like mine, love that it is a matte powder, although it is a tiny bit patchy sometimes and a hair too warm.

My secret loves:
I have found that Sephora Collection matte eyeshadow "Scented Candle" no. 229 (cool/netural, greyish taupe), and "Skinny-Dipping" No. 271 (warm taupe) a slightly better match for me than NYX.

on 11/17/2015 11:21:00 PM

It's very affordable and it comes in a sturdy plastic case. The pigmentation is just right and I don't get a lot of fall out when I dip my RT blush brush on pan.I bought this as a carry on contour that I can stash in my daily makeup kit. It does not look muddy as a contour shade and I love how it is very buildable. I was not expecting that a product cheaper than other drugstore brands can be this impressive! Worth every penny I spent!

I heard many girls say this's the most natural contour color for fair skin. So I gave it a try. it really is the color that shadow your face and make my cheek bone look much more prominent ( in a very dramatic way, think Maleficent). The pigmentation is great and also very long lasting like other NYX blush. Unfortunately Maleficent cheek isn't what I was looking for. It's just too harsh for me.

on 5/28/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very fair skin with pink undertones, and this blush is the only product I've come across with the right color for contouring my cheekbones. It's easy to blend, but it can be difficult to get just the right amount of product on. It's not extremely pigmented, so you do have to build it up, but you also have to be careful not to build up too much, or else it can end up looking muddy and sallow. I've always had good results when applying it with a kabuki brush.

Top Rated Contour