Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask

Shiseido  Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask

4.3

on 1/19/2018 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased the large box of these eye masks and realized that I’d only used them twice. I started using them again recently and remembered why. They are very messy, don’t absorb readily, and don’t benefit people who already take great care of their eye area. I notice no immediate or long-lasting positive effects or improvement of under-eye darkness or fine lines.

The masks are individually packaged which is a plus. They are both in a tray drenched with the retinol serum which is far more than you’ll need, so I have been putting the excess serum itself on my décolletage. Some people reuse the pads but I think that’s a bad idea since it’s unhygienic. Overall, stick to retinol eye serums and eye cream at night and you’ll have far better (and lasting) results.

on 2/17/2017 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's a shame these eye masks are so expensive--if they weren't, I would use a pack every single night. They're the only thing I've seen make a difference for lines under my eyes.

on 9/17/2016 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

well, I was a big Shiseido fan for years - before I discovered Korean skincare brands.
I used this eye mask for years and liked it a lot because there weren't any effective retinol products on the market at all. Although I always thought the price tag was horrendous.

About two years ago they changed the formula of the ingredients and since that time, the 12 pieces-pack is even more expensive and it is now heavily fragranced.
Positive about this: yes, it does work around the eye area - moderately. It's not bad, but since it has that much frangrance in it I don't like it much anymore.

But the reason this only gets two lippies from me is that there are about 30 Korean skincare brands who offer fantastic under-eye retinol masks which work a lot better and cost comparably nothing - and the ingredients are better. (and as an add-on not unimportant for me: Korean skincare brands are mostly without animal testing - Shiseido is one of the brands still doing those tests)

While this Shiseido eye mask has a single pack price of around 9$ (where I live), I can get a way better Korean eye mask for 1-2 dollar per pack.
So, after Shiseido changed the formula, added horrible fragrance, it's super-overpriced, and the Korean brands work so much better I would certainly not repurchase this.

on 3/8/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The best ever.... all i dreamed off.

on 12/22/2012 4:03:00 PM

This is a really good eye mask, helps with the wrinkles and the dark circles, refreshes the eye area.

This is a 'magic' in a pad.... i have some crease under my eyes due to lots of crying after a brawl with my boyfriend. no eye cream can solve the problem.I decided to put the eye pads under my both eyes for 20mins and went to sleep.
The next day my under eye crease has gone.They might a little pricey but its worth invest for a quck fix like that..Highly recommended!

Eyes: Violet

These masks are nothing short of MAGIC. I have undereye circles and bags. I've tried witch hazel, aloe vera gel, tea bags, ice, and many other eye treatments, but these masks show IMMEDIATE results. I don't know how they do it, but it absolutely works and gives results that go beyond the expected. They work especially well if you keep them chilled in the fridge. They are expensive, so I save them for very important occasions, but I've read that some people are able to get 2 uses out of one pack. On other days, I use Anatomicals 'No Old Bags Allowed'. There is a great youtube video that shows how fantastic that is as well.

on 2/19/2010 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eye mask is wondeful, love it, love it, love it.
After using this, pufiness is down and the eye area is very well hydrated!