Clarins Double Fix

Clarins Double Fix

4.3

isododecane - polyethylene - disteardimonium hectorite - synthetic wax - vp/eicosene copolymer - propylene carbonate - trimethylsiloxysilicate - parfum - ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate

on 6/13/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure why I haven't written a review for this product yet as I've bought it multiple times. This mascara was meant to make your mascara waterproof but I used it in the way to help prevent smudging. I always have problems with smudging mascara and I thought this item would be a great way to avoid it. Although it did not avoid it 100%, it did help a bit as it adds another layer of coating on top of the mascara. The mascara itself of in a white packaging and gold lid. It is smaller than a regular mascara tube. The wand has a regular mascara wand bristles. It is a clear gel that you apply over your mascara and/or eye brows to set it. I did not note any scent to the product and did not irritate my eyes. After I allow my mascara to dry, I apply a coat of this gel on to help seal the mascara. If you apply the gel too quickly following the mascara, the mascara would smudge onto the gel and eventually the clear mascara would turn black/grey, which has happened to be before. I'm not sure how well it makes mascaras waterproof as I have not used it for that purpose. I would repurchase this product for the use of sealing in mascara and help to avoid smudging. Although finding a mascara that doesn't smudge at all would be the goal. However, if you want to try this product, I'd suggest trying it out to see if it works. It's been getting great reviews and I think it is worth it.

This is supposed to make you mascara waterproof and completely seal it. I applied my mascara let it dry then I applied this on top a few times. The brush is too small. It did help a bit. When I got home I washed my face and my mascara came off with cleanser and washes off easily. When u apply this not much product is on the brush. See I usually use tube mascara when I have to but it's just too difficult to take off. I thought is would be a good alternative. My mascara smudged a bit after 4 hrs

To Read all 140 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/29/2016 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

If you need some extra staying power on your eyes (example: water sports) this is the product that will do the trick! Nice to have the option to turn regular mascarra into waterproof when needed

on 12/16/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

AMAZING - I bought this stuff by accident at the airport. I was shocked when I opened it to find a clear gel like mascara.

But then... I curled my eyelashes as normal. Put on my YSL faux mascara, with a touch of this on top and MY GOODNESS does this stuff work!!! It held them in place all day, and I really mean ALL DAY.

I have trialled and tested this in both the wet, windy London weather, and the sunny New York temperature and I can safely say it withstands all climates!!

I have now actually stopped wearing mascara all together - what I do is curl my eyelashes and dab a bit of this at the root. It holds the curl in place perfectly so I have very natural looking long lashes.

LASTLY, this also holds your eyebrows in place beautifully. I don't personally colour my eyebrows in but I have done my mothers and this worked a dream for her. I will brush through a bit of this to keep my long-haired eyebrows from falling down.

Perfect, perfect, perfect. Sooo happy I found this.

on 11/24/2015 7:43:00 AM

I bought this because i wanted something under my regular mascara to hold the curl after i curl my lashes, as water based mascaras straighten them out.

Well, doesn't help to hold the curl.

Then i tried to use it for what it was meant for...It's not really good.

It has a bad applicator, that makes the lashes stick together, a weird paraffin based formula, that leaves a grey cast.
It says on the packaging that you can use it as an eyebrow gel. Well same problem, very visible on the brows and not holding anything.

I rather go with Clarins truly waterproof Mascara, says what it does and dramatic

on 11/19/2015 7:28:00 AM

I applied this after applying a mascara which was very smudgy (Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara) and it did not solve the smudging problem at all, it just increased the length of time it took for the mascara to smudge.

The formula is easy to apply and does not leave my lashes crunchy feeling or stiff. If you apply this on wet mascara it will take it off and deposit it back into the tube (I am glad the Double Fix tube is opaque) which looks unpleasant. The brush is a good size and does enable you to evenly coat the lashes.

I doubt I would buy this again, I will just stick to waterproof mascara in the future.

on 7/26/2015 9:34:00 PM

Good product. It helps to hold your curl and prevent your mascara from smudging. It doesn't change the color of your mascara. It's a little bit expensive but worth it.

It does its job well (keeps mascara waterproof) but I dislike using it because it makes my lashes stick straight. Everyone else says that this helps their lashes to hold a curl, but I find that it the complete opposite happens for me (I've got stick-straight Asian eyelashes that I curl before I apply mascara). The brush is also designed in a way that clumps all my lashes together and undoes all the work I put into fanning out my lashes when I apply my mascara, even if I remove the excess product on the wand beforehand. The packaging is minimalist and lovely, but the price point is higher than I'm comfortable with, especially since more and more drugstore brands are coming out with similar waterproofing top-coats. Unless I can find some way to make this work, I will not repurchase this again.

on 11/26/2014 3:19:00 AM

last time i used to skip mascara because i really hate smudging. my lashes are of moderate length but they are quite sparse.

now, i curl my lashes, followed by thin layer of mascara and then clarins double fix. it helps to hold the curl and the mascara in place. it doesn't clump the lashes together even if you accidentally apply too much. smudging is very minimal.

after trying this, I will never go with my mascara alone anymore.

on 9/26/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I do have to say that this product works ....but that being said I discovered after purchasing that Clarins tests on animals. I was mad at myself for not checking first. There are other options that are cruelty free such as Bare Minerals Locked and Coated. It is shameful, archaic and de-evolved to still use these practices. But if you feel good about someone torturing an innocent creature so that your mascara doesn't run then go for it. Otherwise look to the plethora of other companies out there that do not use these archaic practices.