Merle Norman Soft Touch Eye Pencil

Merle Norman Soft Touch Eye Pencil
Merle Norman Soft Touch Pencil

4.7

Not only would I buy this again, I plan on getting more colors as soon as I am near a Merle Norman boutique. Merle Norman suffers from a horrible image problem. This is not makeup "for old ladies" and if you are saying this or believe it I would like to know when was the last time you set foot in a boutique? True, some of the SA's are pushy hard sell types but there are quite a few products that are worthy of a lot more attention than they get. These eye pencils are one of those products. They are a water resistant, long wearing pencil. If you try one on your hand to test the color, it will dry and set within 20 to 30 seconds. After that, it will not budge yet it is easily removed with any eye makeup remover.. The pencil itself is extremely smooth and very soft and creamy. It sharpens easily with a eye pencil sharpener. The softness of these pencils makes application a breeze. you can apply and smudge easily before it dries. The colors I have are absolutely gorgeous. I have 4 and they are Teak (a dark brown shimmer), Copperize (A warmer coppery shimmer), Jaded (beautiful golden jade green) and my favorite one, Galaxy (a completely unique smokey gray silvery color with hints of purple and blue). The thing I like about Galaxy is that it really brings my face alive. I am an NW15 redhead andI have never found any eye liner product that really makes my eyes come alive like this but for me, this is it. It actually seems like there is light coming from within my eyes when I wear this. My BF even mentioned this one night when we were out having dinner. He took a picture of me wearing this and it's true, the rim around my eyes is glowing in a beautiful way. When I wear it with Bare Escentuals Drama glimmer eye shadow it is like these two colors are made for each other but I also wear it on it's own with a simple wash of a beigy eye shadow and that too looks perfect. This color makes a perfect subtle smokey eye for me and adds so much interest to my eyes. If it is ever discontinued I will buy 20 of them to hold me over. Lasting power is really wonderful for me. I am not at all oily around my eye area so if you are oily I am not sure how this would last on you but I can tell you that this formula does dry and set shortly after application and I have had no problem with it at all. Price was $18 and the pencil is very long and will last for quite a while I suspect. If you are looking for a long lasting pencil and some really pretty wearable colors try these. Other colors I did not but were some shimmerless shades of brown, navy, black and a few other shimmers in an icy mint green and a gold. Excellent product, I have finally found my holy grail eye liner.

on 6/24/2008 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I picked this up in "Teak," which is a dark bronzy/brown with a bit of gold shimmer thrown in. It's *very pretty* and goes on exceptionally easy. It is waterproof according to the package. The other end has a sponge tip for blending. I will continue to try some of the other eye pencils. I also have the creme eyeliners which are amazing and stay on forever! MN certainly delivers the quality at a reasonable price. The eye pencils are $16.00.

on 11/22/2008 12:26:00 AM

These Soft Touch liners are absolutely wonderful! So far I have them in Blackout (matte black) and Teak (a dark neutral-warm brown with fine copper shimmer). They glide on effortlessly and smoothly and last all day. Unlike most liners, they stay soft and don't harden in the winter months and won't tug at the skin around the delicate eye area. The sponge tip applicator on the other end works great for smudging too. My only gripe is that these are too expensive at $22.50CAD a pop. I sheepishly admit though that I would repurchase this product. It's quality far exceeds any other brand on the market that I have tried.

on 12/6/2008 12:34:00 PM

I got one in Blackout in a GWP. It is so easy to apply and doesn't tug at all. It is very creamy and easy to smudge. Once it dries, it lasts all day and doesn't smear. Will probably purchase one when this runs out but it is very expensive for an eyeliner.

on 12/29/2008 3:05:00 PM

I have 2 of these pencils. I love the consistency of this pencil -- it will allow you to "smudge", but yet it stays in place all day. You can create a line without the line itself being harsh. Will continue to buy and looking forward to trying additional colors.

on 1/11/2009 11:22:00 PM

creamy and easy to smudge. Once it dries, it lasts all day and doesn't smear. Its the best I have ever used

I prefer applying pencil liners over any other type of liner, as they are easy to apply. However, I find that pencil liners fade and smear easily.

I found this pencil liner was soft and easy to apply. It was also easy to smudge (on purpose). I can not bring myself to use this unless I'm doing a smokey eye, as I have never had a pencil liner that didn't smear below my eyes when I used it. It works well for making a smokey eye though.

One of these days when I know I won't be going out I will try it on my eyes without shadow and see how it goes. For now, I will play it safe with my MAC fluidline in Blacktrack, which I KNOW does not budge when I want to create a clean line around my eye and in my waterline.

on 2/24/2009 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the Soft Touch Eye Pencil in Blackout and it's great. It's soft and it says on for a long time. Love it, definitely one of my favorites !

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just got this in Jaded, which is really more like khaki, a hard to find color in an eyeliner. Love it and will buy at least one more color the next time I'm at MN. Goes on easily, smoothly, and stays all day.

on 8/3/2009 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Copperized (warm rust/brown) and Hazy (deep charcoal/blue) and love them! They are easy to apply and smudge and last the entire day without fading. I will definitely be purchasing more of these!