Coastal Scents Brushes

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

All the gang in MUA who knows me,(as well as anyone can know another from a website ;-) know I love anything that is fine and really fine too. It does not have to be expensive for me to consider it really fine either. The Coastal Scents brushes are really fine to me. They are not expensive and I love that. Sure they do not have the Guerlain, Mac, Chanel, Dior, etc. names attached to them but they are all mighty fine for the most part. As with everything in life that is man made, once in a while, a bad one turns up. That is to be expected, but do not judge the whole lot by one bad brush! I have at least 7 Coastal Scent brushes and I love them all. Guess I got lucky? Not! These brushes are great. I have the badger hair and the synthetic too. They wash up so soft and supple. I have had very little, if any loss of hair from any of my brushes. Perhaps it is all in the way the brushes are cleaned? I use a very mild body wash to clean my brushes. I never beat them up in the wash, but gently swirl them until they are clean. I rinse them with warm water and rinse until the water is clear. I let them dry on a towel, sometimes turning them upside down if they are too wet. When dry, they are soft as brand new. If you want them softer, you can rinse them with a bit of hair conditioner on the final rinse. This works great on the natural hair brushes. They are made of hair after all, and conditioner softens hair. ;-) The brushes always have a smell when you first get them, as does any makeup brush I have ever had. The smell goes away with a good cleaning. So as far I am concerned, these are some of the best brushes out there to be had at any price. These just happen to be affordable and from what I can tell from the forum site at Coastal Scents, they are all hand picked by Steve. If he thinks they are junk, he does not offer them. I like that a lot. To each there own though. I rather spend less on the same quality brushes, than to see all the high end names sticking out of my brush vase. ;-) Gives me more money to spend on more of my really favorite items.
Try these brushes for yourself. I think some of the reviews here are just too negative and perhaps the users just picked out the wrong brushes for their needs. Either that, or some people are just too finicky, and only go for the name. The price and quality justify the purchase, and if you have some high end name brushes, compare the differences. You will be amazed!

Popular Makeup Brushes