Ardell Gray Magic

Ardell Gray Magic

4.4

on 4/22/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I will never again color my hair without this miracle. This has made a world of difference in covering my stubborn grays. I have tried almost everything and was even coloring more often and 2 weeks later I had grays again. Unbelievable. Even in the salon, same thing.

I heard about this from here and looked for it in Sally's one night. Wow. HUGE difference. My grays completely covered and stayed covered for 4 weeks. Even at the 4 week mark they were barely gray, more like a lighter brown.

One thing I would suggest like another reviewer mentioned is using a hair color designed for grays as well, you will get the most out of this. It's very easy to use, you just add it to the normal color when mixing.

on 2/22/2014 11:31:00 AM

I will never color my hair again without this product---it has made ALL the difference in covering my gray hairs. I use L'oreal Excellence, and I do monthly touch-ups with Clairol Root Touch Up. I know some don't like the Clairol product, but I've used it since it came out and always had good results, plus it's so convenient for me I could slap it on in my sleep.

Until recently both products did a great job of covering the gray, but then they started to get more resistant, and they would show through after a week. I was so frustrated, because I did not want to color every week, nor did I want to go back to salon coloring----I have a LOT of hair and it's very expensive. I never found a salon that could rinse the color completely out of my hair, and anyway,. I don't like sitting around for two hours.

So, I went to Sally's and got the trial size packet of Gray Magic. The directions said to use ten drops for every ounce of hair color. I don't know if I was expecting a cream consistency or what, but I had mixed up my little tray of Clairol Root Touch Up, and I cut open a corner of the packet, and it just gushed out. The consistency is thin and runny, so I would advise care upon opening. I ended up with about half the packet in the Touch Up tray. And it turned my dark brown color RUSTY RED. Really freaked me out, so I tried it on a small bit of hair at my temple, and it seemed okay. I didn't have great expectations, but I went ahead and used it, and the color came out fine----my usual brown, not at all red.

Fast forward three weeks. I have a little new growth that is coming through gray, which is normal, but the hair I colored with Gray Magic STAYED COLORED. COMPLETELY. Considering that my hair is naturally wiry and coarse anyway, and the grays are actually white, I am very impressed. Would I recommend this product? Absolutely! If yo're having a problem with gray coverage, try it. You have nothing to lose---the trial size is $1.09, and it sometimes goes on sale for 99 cents. DEFINITELY worth a try.

on 12/27/2012 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really, really, really wanted to like this product - but - it did not really make much of a difference with coverage of gray hair. In the instructions provided - there are some tips, including a pre-treatment stain - which I did according to the directions, and then added in the recommended number of drops with the regular color processing. And still, some super pesky silver/white hairs - in the usual places!! Have also tried 'colorful neutral protein filler' too - also with no success. I have a med-light brown hair with lots of red & gold tones - and about less than 5% grey. Have tried Color Charm dye, and Ion Color Brilliance - both not covering those white hairs!! If anyone has any tips or suggestions - I would certainly appreciate them! I think whole head of silvery-white hair is gorgeous - it's just that dratted in-between phase that is so unflattering!

on 10/15/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My natural hair is now (unfortunately) about 75% gray. If you have stubborn grays, this is a HG product. I add even more drops than the recommended 10 per ounce and get MUCH better coverage of grays than without. I always use a permanent color that is designed especially for gray hair (Age Beautiful or One n Only Argan Oil Hair Color), and the color never deposits well on the "sideburn" area. With the addition of Gray Magic, I get about 30% better coverage on those areas. It's not a perfect solution, but I wouldn't color my hair without it.

on 3/29/2008 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow great product for covering gray hair. I mixed several drops with Sally Beauty Color Gems Demi Permanent Hair Color in (half and half) Warm Brown, and Golden Copper Brown. It worked like a charm! The instructions say 10 drops for @ ounce of color and one bottle is .25oz. Unsure how long it will last but for $6 its a deal. I will definitely purchase again.

Popular Hair Color Products