How Not To Look Old by Charla Krupp

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I borrowed it from the library, and I won't be purchasing. It was a quick read and contained some valuable info, however nothing I don't already know and implement myself. My biggest criticism is Charla harps about how blonde hair makes most women look more youthful, however I've noticed how artificial blonde hair is aging. Charla's pic on the cover is awful! I find her mane of brassy, poorly toned/color-treated blonde hair distracting and unattractive and dare I say, OL. I also disagree with Charla's complete aversion to natural aging. I don't fear wrinkles and grey hair, nor do I believe that looking old is all surface. I believe beauty and youthfulness comes from within. So this is where we part ways.

I'm forty and often mistaken for mid-twenties because I don't smoke (quit almost 8 years ago) , I drink alcohol in moderation, I stay out of the sun, I exfoliate, take care of my teeth, use a small handful of mild skin care products and wear makeup only to emphasize and balance my features. I'm also the mom of girls aged 7 and nearly 6. So it may be a huge 'head-space' thing as well.