Clarins Hydra Quench Cream

Clarins Hydra Quench Cream
Clarins HydraQuench CreamClarins HydraQuench Cream

4.2

Aqua/Water/Eau - Glycerin - Diethylhexyl Succinate - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Silica - Cetearyl Alcohol - Dipentaerythrityl Tetrahydroxystearate/Tetraisostearate - Glyceryl Stearate - PEG-100 Stearate - Cetearyl Glucoside -Cetyl Alcohol -Stearyl Alcohol - Dimethicone -Polyacrylamide - Caprylyl Glycol -Parfum/Fragrance - C13-14 Isoparaffin -Ethylhexyl Glycerin - Tocopheryl Acetate - Sodium Hyaluronate - Sodium PCA -Tetrasodium EDTA - Butylene Glycol - Dimethiconol - Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer -Tocopherol - Laureth-7 - Cedrelopsis Grevei Bark Extract - Pentylene Glycol -Pyrus Sorbus Bud Extract - Biosaccharide Gum-4 -Thermus Thermophillus Ferment -Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil - Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract -Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract -Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract - Sodium Lauryl Sulfate -Phenoxyethanol -Sorbic Acid -Potassium Sorbate.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEE this moisturizer. Its quite creamy yet it feels very light on my skin. Even when I'm washing my face after 12 hours my face feels smooth and hydrated. Make up holds up to it perfectly. The only thing that I don't like is there's strong fragrance to it of that much that it stung my eyes the first time I used it.

on 1/5/2016 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first MUA review and I'm dedicating it to this Clarins Hydra Quench Cream because oh boy, it is so good. I am becoming 25 in a few days and have been blessed with really good skin, I never had blemishes/acnes, or any other skin problems. I self 'diagnose'd me to have normal to dry skin, yet it's not really combination, because I hardly ever broke out and have no oily T-zones. Usually I like using products for dry skin, or even sensitive skin. However lately I'm suspecting I don't really have very dry skin either, because in the winter times I blast all the radiators inside and I spend most of the nights forgetting even to wash/moisturize my face, and my skin still feels fine and smooth and supple. I didn't mean to brag about my skin, just a background. And as in a couple of weeks from now, I all of a sudden decided to get into skin care because despite never breaking out, I noticed my pores are getting big, due to aging and smoking. And the skin looks a little dull instead of radiant without makeup now. Don't get me wrong, its not like I never put anything on my face before and wanted to start; I used toners, cleansers, moisturizers, serum, eye cream and all that, I just didn't do them as often as I should have. I in general want to put more efforts into skin care routines now, as I'm getting 25 and can't always live off of good youth and skin's natural regenerating abilities.

I made a resolution to stop being lazy and start at least do the most common routines daily. I started washing my face with a gentle cleanser everyday, and use a serum before my moisturizer now. I even have a reminder on my phone to exfoliate once a week, and do a sheet mask once a week. I had two moisturizers that I used already, so now I've just decided to use them every single day. These two are the most popular Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, and Embryolisse lait-crème concentré, which I simply purchased because they were best-selling and pretty cheap. However, since I started actually caring for my skin a little more appropriately, I've waken up to see oily forehead a few times, and even worse, when I had the moisturizer on in a room with radiator, my skin felt itchy and just overall very uncomfortable. I also didn't like the feeling of these moisturizers staying on the skin forever after application, almost like a greasy film that tries too hard to keep hydration from coming out, and I don't even use too much product. I was surprised. It's winter for gods sake! In the past I've used Clinique's some product for combination to oily skin and that didn't work for me, so I didn't think choosing the Lotion for normal to dry skin would be a mismatch.
Anyways, I decided to set my price level for a moisturizer to about €50 for 50mL, just for reducing risks sake. After much research I purchased this Clarins one, because I've used a few of their toners and samples of different creams and they all made me trust this brand. As soon as I put on the Hydra Quench Cream after I cleansed my face, the difference was immediately there. The cream soaked in my skin within a second when I just smeared it on, when I was still doing other parts of the face. Despite looking like a good old cream in the tub, it felt like a gel on the face, and glides so smoothly without me having to massage everything in (take notes, Clinique and Embryolisse). And afterwards, my skin feels really hydrated and supple and soft, and it kept on feeling that way for the whole night without ever feeling greasy. I also tried it with my serum, and it is not too rich nor does it clog my pores either. The skin is pampered and just properly cared for, and I now really feel like I'm investing to keep my good skin condition, not to mess with it. Clarins is a really good brand, so it proves, I highly recommend also their one-step cleanser, Camomile toner, Aloe toner, and brightening gentle exfoliating toner (with AHA) for normal to dry skin people out there.

To Read all 110 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/25/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favourite moisturizer that I've tried so far. I have also tried this with the HQ serum, and with or without the serum, this product leaves my very dry skin feeling smooth, with no greasy residue.
The only problem for me is that I have very sensitive skin and every time I apply this it makes my entire face sting... I want to keep using it because it works so well!
I would recommend this product to anyone with dry to very very dry skin, but be cautious if you have sensitive skin!

on 5/27/2015 10:55:00 AM

I only used samples of this product and I only used it as a mask for relieving my dry patches for my red and dry nose after a bad cold. It does the job well on providing moisture and restoring the skin and eliminating the redness and dry patches... but I always end up with a pimple a few days later...

I won't buy it again.

on 12/30/2014 9:02:00 AM

I bought this creme in a holiday gift box along with a travel size serum and mask of the same range. It is a very light-weight ultra hydrating creme that works perfect also for oily acne prone skin, it sinks really well and it doesn't leave any greasy residue. I use it morning and night after the serum. It is light scented. The only negative thing that I can think of this product is the price!

on 12/20/2014 9:43:00 AM

This is a really soothing cream that instantly makes me skin feel hydrated! I use this over the double serum and it works really well. No break outs just hydrated soft plump skin. Overall, this is a really great cream.

on 12/14/2014 3:32:00 PM

Got this product in lotion form with SPF. Absolutely brilliant for my skin in the current cold and drying weather. My skin literally drinks this up and is left feeling dewy and soft. Also, really love the scent. Yes, probably doesn't do much in terms of wrinkle fighting but as a good quality moisturiser for dehydrated skin this is fab! Have been using this with the double serum and find the combination works well. Only downside is the price.

Obsessed. First product I've used where I've gotten compliments on my skin. SUPER OVERPRICED but if you use it only as a day cream(or whenever you will be wearing it under make up ) I feel as though it acts as a primer and moisturizer. Fabulous product. Keep it in the fridge if you're putting it on first thing in the morning and it feels fabulous.

on 9/2/2014 1:52:00 PM

This is the best moisturizer that I have used so far and I am on my second pot. I have quite oily, acne-prone skin with occassional dry patches around my mouth and nose and it doesn't block my pores or irritate my skin. I like the smell and the texture, it applies very well and sits nicely under makeup (I use estee lauder double wear on most days).

on 5/27/2014 5:05:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the Hydra Quench Cream for normal to dry skin, with spf 15.

The cream is OK, so I will finish the pot. But will not repurchase.

This makes my face look way shiny, and I have to put on tons of powder.
And don't really feel it is doing anything great for my skin, it doesn't really make me break out, but it does not reduce the number of break outs I have either. For this price range, the product should be better.