Ecotools 6 Piece Brush Set

4.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I own 9 Ecotools brushes (some are travel sized), and love them all! I used my powder and blush brush for YEARS, and they were still in great condition, but decided to buy the Real Techniques brush set. While those brushes are also very nice, I ended up giving them away and buying a couple of new sets of Ecotools. These are so soft, and dense, and I never have an issue with shedding. FYI, I don't wash mine, I spritz them every once in awhile, with an alcohol spray to decontaminate (it's faster and easier), and they hold up forever. I also like the looks of the bamboo handles. Will stick with these forever!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was surprised by how well ELF powder brush turned out to be (it was my first cheap brush to buy and I love it), so I've bought this set based on the reviews.
After two months of trying to incorporate them in my beauty routine I must say they are awful. The application is weird, they pick up colors in not that great way. I shouldn't have expected a miracle from brush set that costs third of the price of almost every single brush I own. Such a waste of materials!

I love the blush brush most, I reach for it every day for applying my bronzer/blush, then I also the eye Shadow brush and the concealer brush both for my eye shadow, they are so so, the rest 2 I rarely use them, overall, I thought you Dont need to pay for the whole set if you never reach most of them. But I definitly recommend the blush brush, it is soft and easy to use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Picked this up about 2-3 years ago and am still in love with this. I frequently wash my makeup brushes and have had no issue with bristles falling out or anything along that lines which is amazing! These brushes blend out my makeup and just really pick up product well! Would definitely purchase more makeup brushes from this line as I am quite pleased with them and especially for such an affordable price! Love them!

Ecotools brushes are the worst brushes I've ever used.

They're soft, but they're too soft to properly buff in products.
the eye brushes are too large to properly get a precise application.
all of the brushes ecotools has are too big, too long, and basically too floppy. they need to be more structured to get a better application

all of their kits are a waste of money.
the only reason people like these brushes is bc they're easy to access. people are blinded by their softness, but really the softness backfires since it creates a poor application.

elf has great inexpensive brushes, you can get a good value kit of brushes like mac or sigma.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

picked a set up up many years ago. it's still in my brush draw, use it from time to time and loves it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have had this set for about five years now, so I think I can give a valuable review.

The big blush brush: Very soft, nice to the skin. Since it has a slightly irregular shape, it took me some time to figure out how to work with it, so that the colour on my cheeks looks like I want it to. Now this one, together with the concealer brush, are my favorites of the set.

The makeup brush: I do not use it that often as I rarely use liquid makeup, but when I do, it does a decent job. As much as I can compare, it is definitely no worse than other makeup brushes.

The concealer brush: My favorite. It has a pointy tip that makes applying creamy concealer on specific spots a breeze. On larger areas, I just use the whole brush (not only the tip). The brush is soft enough to use for applying concealer on the delicate skin under my eyes, too.

The eyeshadow brush: This only brush could be a little bit softer and more flexible for comfortable application of powder eyeshadow. I imagine it would be better for creamy formulas (I do not use them, so I do not know). But it is still good enough.

The angled eyeliner brush: I cannot report on eyelines but I use this brush very successfully for precise definition of my eyebrows. As it is very small and shaped, it does great job at that.

The eyelash/eyebrow comb: This one I probably cannot objectively report on. I am not sure why is that but for me, eyelash combs generally do not work very well. I always feel they should be shaped differently, and this one is no exception. I can still work with it but it is nothing special. Concerning the "brushy" side, I do use it on my eyebrows that are generally pretty untamable, so it has no big effect. However, for people with soft and thin eyebrow hairs, I imagine this could work pretty well.

Overall quality:
Just incredible. Over the five years I own the set, I have been using the brushes daily, and I wash them about once a week in soap (if very dirty, then also in oil). None of the brushes has lost a single bristle to this day. Also the handles (both the bamboo and aluminum parts) look flawless, like I bought the set yesterday.
The single exception to the top quality is the eyelash/eyebrow comb which is of different construction, and it has been damaged although I do not use it that often, so I would not buy that one again. The other brushes, however, are amazingly durable, and that alone is a strong recommendation for me. If I ever lose one of the brushes, EcoTools can rest assured I will definitely be buying from them again.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

They are decent brushes. The bristles and handles hold their shape even after several washes. I find that it picks up product well however, it does not dispense products well (i.e. eyeshadow gets onto the brush well enough, but not onto the eye). I washed the brow and lash comb and the next day it crumbled and fell apart. That was not good.(It could just be the one bad product out of the 10000 decent ones produced). Having said all of this, some of the brushes are amazing; like the angled eyebrow brush (dense and angled very well and great for lining brows and eyes) and even the fluffy blush brush (soft and does an amazing job blending blushers/bronzers and powders into the skin). Now, the other brushes from the set are so-so. The eyeshadow brushes are too dense and hard, making them difficult to blend eyeshadows with; that is it's too harsh for the eye area, they really do a number on the delicate eye area. These brushes might work very well if using them put on glitter or pigment shadows (where one would pat onto the eyes rather than rub). All in all, I think only some of the brushes do a good job of what they're intended to do. There are much softer, durable and more affordable brush sets out there (like the Soho brush set from Wal-Mart). My advice would be to skip the set pick a few good ones that you'll use constantly (because they'll last lots and lots of washes).

These were the first makeup brushes I ever had and I would definitely not buy the full set if I was a beginner again. Most of the brushes were down right scratchy and hard - very unsuitable for the skin, especially the eye area. The only brushes I would recommend for individual purchase are the angled eye brush (GREAT!) and the angled blush brush. Other then those, you are better off spending a little more for something that won't feel like straw against your skin.

This brush set was a blind buy for me and while I like them and I use them almost daily, they aren't the very best money can buy....HOWever at the price I paid, they ARE *top notch*!!! They're attractive to look at. I don't really use the travel bag because I apply my makeup at a vanity and don't tote it around with me much. But it would be a plus to someone who travels with their makeup or applies it on the go frequently...and it's made with hemp and is cruelty free so that's awesome! I use all of the brushes, but my favorite is the angled eyeliner brush. I use it occasionally to apply my Maybelline cream liner pot and very often to define my brows. It does an excellent job at making a clean defining line on my brows when swiped in a bit of dark eyeshadow. I much prefer that to paying an arm and a leg for a brow kit when I can achieve the exact results with an Eco Tools angled eyeliner brush and some cheap dark brown eyeshadow. So that's a good tip! Personal preference of course.

I also like the blusher brush. It's not as big as I prefer but the bristles are very dense and very soft, the bristles on each brush are synthetic and made from taklon so they're cruelty free as well. I find the blusher brush blends seamlessly and is good for some casual light contouring around cheekbones. I use it after buffing in my foundation with my bareMinerals kabuki to apply bronzer/blusher and to blend away any harsh lines and to just blur everything very nicely. I use the eyeshadow brush to duh, apply eyeshadow and really have no complaints. I know synthetic brush bristles don't hold shadow as well as non-synthetic, but they make up for it by being notoriously easy to clean and for staying cleaner longer and not staining like real animal hair brushes. The eyeshadow brush is nicely shaped and feels soft on my delicate eye area. The lip brush (?) the skinny pointy one is my least used brush out of this set. I actually use it to blur and smudge eyeliner. Works great for that. All in all, for being A) between $10-20 and B) cruelty free and a economically friendly set this is a great buy which deserves high ratings. They don't shed and according to other reviewers they last YEARS without a lot of wear and are very substantial and hardy (I've only had them about 9-10 months). They are a great and very reasonably priced investment and at the price point you really have NOTHING to lose... I have absolutely no complaints :)

Popular Makeup Brushes