Kevin Murphy Anti Gravity

Kevin Murphy Anti Gravity

4.2

Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, VP/VA Copolymer, PVP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyacrylamide (and) C13-14 Isoparrafin (and) Laureth-7, Squalane (Vegetable), Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 20, Honey Extract (or) Mel, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Cinnamomum Camphora (Ho Leaf) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol

on 5/24/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've tried so many different products for volumizing but nothing has worked as well as this stuff. It's amazing! Background on my hair: long (bottom of shoulder blade length) with layers, highlighted, fine, naturally wavy, and I have tons of it. Typically my hair does well with styling products but it can be a double edged sword because it can easily weigh my hair down, or leave a build up/dryness/coated feeling along my scalp and roots. My salon recently started carrying this line and I was hesitant to have my stylist try it on me since I'm sensitive to a lot of natural products due to plant allergies. But after one time I was so impressed that I bought it and have been using it steadily for about a month.

I use a large, quarter size dollop, focusing on the roots and sort of massaging it into my damp hair, using whatever's leftover on the rest of the length. I use it after my Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream, then come everything through. Then I rough blow-dry, not really trying to get a sleek blowout or anything, and I'm left with fluffy, volumized hair that looks significantly lifted at the roots and just a nice, overall fuller look.

I don't need to use any other styling products, and best of all, my hair stays this way for at least 2 days. I have a hard time going longer than every other day without washing my hair because it can look oily and lank on the top, but this makes my style look fresher longer and helps keep my natural waves intact even after sleeping on it. It works well with other products too when I feel like layering it with hairspray or beach spray (I've mostly just tried it with Oribe products).

I love everything about this, especially that it doesn't leave a crunchy texture, or sticky film, or anything negative behind. It smells lovely, just sort of subtly herbal and lavender. The texture is nice too, it's a very lightweight, clear gel texture that melts into my hair. Huge thumbs up!!

on 3/23/2016 6:02:00 PM

This is a great product! I have horrible hair...thin, naturally wavy with cowlicks and other misbehavin', likes to get frizzy the minute there is any moisture in the air, tends to get oily at the roots even though the rest is a frizzfest...etc. etc. This product tames all of this and helps my hair look a lot better than it should. Lovely lavender smell. Gel consistency. Little oil can packaging is OK, not great - you'll always struggle to get the last bits of the product out of those oil cans! But I forgive that as the product itself is so great. This brand is hard to find - but I know several stylists that live by this brand! Not sure why it's still a well-kept secret - it shouldn't be!

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/25/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

As a professional hairstylist, this is my number one product choice for myself and my clients. However, I feel your stylist needs to tell you what to expect when buying it! Do NOT be afraid to use a lot of this product, roots to ends. It's a weightless formula so it won't weigh your hair down! Usually my clients don't use enough so they don't see the results. The few reviews say it make the hair sticky or tacky, it's supposed to! I tell my clients and other stylists that this is actually the texture you're looking for to see if you've used enough. If you Power dry the product into the hair, (don't smooth the cuticle, truly powerdry/"push" product into the hair) and expect to look a little like a lion for a few minutes! THEN, go though and curl and you will see the shine and touch ability come through! The tackiness is necessary, especially because"soft" hair doesn't hold curl! But it goes away after using heat tools, and your curl will last for days. The reason we powerdry/blast it into the hair... if you smooth smooth smooth, well that is what the hair will revert back to eventually after curling. But by blasting it all in, your hair won't revert back to smooth because that wasn't the initial setting, make sense!? And my FAVORITE part of this product is that the lavender is actually a natural sebum equalizer = helps with greasy scalps!! I can go 3-4 days NO problem. I require ALL of my brides to let me wash and pack their hair with this product and my updos hold every time! The spray is wonderful as well, a great way to add more half way through blow drying if you feel more is needed, or a great spray for dry hair before you curl, especially because the spray contains the heat protection. So not only does it help the curl hold it also protects up to 428 degrees (I use on all my prom ladies if I don't have time to do a full wash with the ag creme) So if you are still using hairspray on dry hair BEFORE curling... Please stop! It bakes alcohol into the hair (ouch!) Anti gravity spray is what to use instead :) Hope this helps! I feel so strongly about how it's changed the way I do my clients hair I wanted share! Good luck!

on 11/24/2013 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Well, this brand violates one of my key rules of beauty products -- it's not remotely easy to track down.

The inconvenience is well worth it! My hair is fine, abundant, wavy in places (read, the back of my head, not the top), laden with cowlicks, age-related hormonally temperamental -- a challenge that has sent me far and wide through hair products in the last year. It wants to lay flat; it (the straight parts in particular???) wants to frizz -- particularly in morning air or a thought of humidity above 50%. In other words, my hair has been a disaster.

I've been using this (the liquid version) for about 3 weeks. It adds a natural looking lift along my scalp -- I'm not talking bouffant by any means; it counteracts my hair's interest in flattening to my head like Alfalfa from Lil Rascals. It (combined with another Kevin.Murphy product - a few drops Motion.Lotion) adds smooth body to my hair that doesn't go wonky in wet, humid weather. It's managing my few crazier, coarse grays. Just wish it were easier to find and that they sold this by the gallon. I love, love, love this!

on 7/8/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Anti.Gravity gives my fine hair more volume than any other product I've ever tried. But it also makes my hair dry and crispy.

So, my hair is fine, limp, soft and without any noticable volume or texture. Itīs long, not colour-treated and although itīs fine, I have lots of hair.
My hair tends to be more oily at the roots and my ends are healthy, but sometimes need a little moisture.
Almost anything weighs my hair down and Iīm the type of customer, that wants big hair, but not necessarily wants to pile tons of product and have a gritty feeling.When I run my fingers through my hair, I donīt want to feel crunchy, knotted hair.
I tried different products and brands, but found out, that Kevin Murphy makes the best "feels-as-if-you-have-nothing-in-your-hair" products. In my case, thatīs a huge plus for his products and I plan to test even more products from Kevin Murphy as I liked the ones I tried so far.
So, the anti-gravity is an oil-free volumizer. It comes in a square plastic bottle and you simply squeeze the product out. The product looks like a slightly tinted gel.
The smell is very clean with a lavender perfume, that is not too overpowering.
Iīm pleased, that it doesnīt contain silicones, which are the death of my hair and just ruining any volume in my hair.
I use anti gravity on damp hair by putting a small amount on my hands, rubbing them together and spreading the product evenly first in the mid-lenghts and ends and then in the roots. The amount of product depends on your hair, so just start with a small amount. I am always careful not to put too much product on, but with this one, you donīt have to worry of getting gritty hair.
After that, I just blow dry my hair upside down. When Iīm almost done, I take a large round brush and use it while blow drying to give my hair a little extra volume. Easy and takes no time at all.
The result is soft hair, but at the same time texture and volume. I donīt want to fool you and say your hair looks like a huge Brigitte Bardot teased hair when you use this.
But it adds some volume and texture while leaving your hair feeling good. I can run my fingers through my hair and I like the feeling of it.
This is probably a "boyfriend/husband friendly" styling product, because you can play with your hair, touch your hair and it feels good and smells nice.
I definitely recommend this styling product even to people who normally hate styling products. And of course for people with fine thin hair, that needs volume and a little (!) texture.
It makes my hair look better and more polished with a light as air finish, that doesnīt weigh my hair down. Love it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do love this product for several reasons. It makes my hair soft, manageable and gives it a bit of volume. It works perfectly with my beloved Davines Relaxing Fluid for hold, smoothness and body. I have somewhat straight, thick long hair. I gave it a 4, since it really doesn't provide significant volume, just a little lift. I will continue to buy due to other positive features. The lavender/earthy scent is very strong, so beware if you're allergic to scents.

on 8/21/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm not looking for hold or product-heavy texture. What I want for my fine, flat hair is a little lift. Anti Gravity does it better than anything else I've ever tried. I rub a small pea-sized glob between my hands, then rub it into my hair at the roots and pull whatever is left through the strands. My hair gets just the right amount of volume, so that it looks natural and feels clean. For me, Anti Gravity is a keeper.

on 7/15/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I happened upon some Kevin Murphy videos on youtube and read all the rave reviews for Anti Gravity. It sounded like the answer to my hair prayers so I ordered from a bottle from amazon.com. I was really excited about what Kevin Murphy said in one of his videos--his products don't contain any silicones because silicones are the death of hold. Yes, I agree!

Unfortunately, Anti Gravity doesn't do a damn thing for my hair. Nothing. Zero. Zilch. It has a lovely clean lavendar fragrance and gives me a the tiniest bit of volume, but that's it. I can't get any volume or hold with Anti-Gravity. The product is very light, almost like a gel, and dries without any crunchiness. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me any hold or texture. My hope was that I could use Anti-Gravity with my curling iron/hot rollers to keep the curl in my hair, but it's not the miracle product I thought it would be. Oh well, I guess that's my own fault. .

Oh, and I have to say that the packaging is lousy. I think a sleek tube or bottle would've been much nicer than a bottle shaped like a box. It's so awkward to handle and doesn't really save me any space, if that was his idea. Just weird.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Really sorry to be the one to break the positive vibe here, I love Kevin Murphys policies, formulas, packaging etc. in general, but this product did nothing for my hair. I have lots of fine hair and no matter how little product I used, it made my hair feel sticky. I could not get it to work on my roots either, it would only poof lower sections of my hair. And the smell is too much, I think. A really overpowering lavender scent, not fake or anything, smells of 'real' lavender, but it's just too strong for me.