4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Does a good job at getting rid of dead skin cells. I need a heel balm in addition to this to make my heels smooth.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrown

4 years ago

Be careful!!!! I used this when it first came out and loved it, but misplaced my original. Recently I purchased a new one (it's a mint color, I don't think it's a special edition) and found it to be way sharper than before. I have used it 3 times, and despite using light pressure I have gouged flesh off my feet each time. In the future I am going to avoid the big toe/outside edges of the foot because it seems those areas are too delicate for the sharp blades. The emery side will have to do! With a bit of caution, this is a great product. I cannot stand how easily my feet get scaly with dead skin.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

5 years ago

I've used the Original PedEgg for years & was always a fan; I recently purchased the PedEgg Power & it has saved my feet! I have the white & blue one, which is called a PedEgg Power w/ Smoothing Attachment. The other option, the blue & silver one, is called a Deluxe PedEgg Power w/ 6 Attachments. The product is an electric foot file with a handle that removes calluses easier & more conveniently than the Original since it's cordless & electric. While I don't have calluses or cracked heels, I have dry & dead skin since I wear "slippahs" (sandals or flip flops) or heels year-round. I used to be genuinely embarrassed by the way my feet looked because dry skin & dead skin is literally what made my feet look dirty. I use the blue Nano Abrasion roller first, & then I'll use the purple smoothing roller (Smoothing Head) before getting in the bath or shower. The blue roller is coarse & wears down the dead or rough skin. That attachment is gentle & buffs away the dry skin painlessly. The purple roller is simply for additional smoothing & isn't necessary in my opinion since I have my own foot care routine after I use this. The PedEgg power honestly didn't work how I expected it to, but it is effective overall & that's what matters to me. I have only two complaints: the batteries die quickly, & my roller wore down faster than I thought it would. This is a really useful machine... I just don't think has enough power to run the rollers or attachments. This product uses two AA batteries. The batteries will last you a little while, but it doesn't really "go." It'll remove dry, damaged, & callused skin easily - not quickly. It works, just not "in seconds" like it claims. If I apply pressure to my heels, the automatic is suddenly a manual because it stops spinning. Even though it runs on batteries & spins 2,000 a minute, it is a tool I have to use carefully. I'm patient though since my feet are always exposed & I want them to be taken care of. I'm a fan even though it's not powerful since it's better than an embarrassing pedicure appointment.

About reviewer (362 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

I bought this 6 years ago to treat my calloused heels which were painful. My feet were like new after the first use! It scraped away all the hard, dry skin and since then it's the only thing I use to groom my feet.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

As I'm writing this review in have my hubby doing my heels and this thing is freaking amazing. I PURCHASED THE BATTERY OPERATED pedegg and this thing is wOrth the money. My husband bought it for himself and I really didn't think it would do much,boy was I wrong.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

Immediate results! I tried this for the first time today after fears of "grating" my feet. It's nothing like I thought. It gently scrubbed off my very thick dry skin and callouses (haven't had a pedi for a very long time). Was definitely worth buying!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I would definitely buy this again if I lost it. It is great for smoothing my calluses, which can get pretty bad. I have been using this for a few years and have never cut myself with the Ped Egg, as I did with a blade type callus remover. Packaging is cute and the price is fair for what you get.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

6 years ago

This is a great product. I use this right after my shower (only once a week) to grate off the dead skin and then use the emery file (attached) to smooth down the skin. Follow with a good moisturizer, and my feet are sandal-ready. Wouldn't be without this!

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

This is the second tool I've purchased to remove calluses on my feet. The first was nothing special, I can't even remember the brand - it was thin and metal, and the actual abrasive part was very fine, and it had a long handle, which was awkward to use. While it improved the appearance on my skin, the results were minor and nothing to write home about. I finally purchased the Ped Egg, just the plain white and blue one. There is definitely a difference. After 5 minutes on my moderately callused feet, my skin already looked the least callused they've been since I was a kid. I was actually concerned about breaking the skin and bleeding, because of how much callus I was getting rid of. I definitely recommend using a good moisturizer afterwards. I used Uremol cream with 20% urea, which is great stuff. On to the cons: while the egg does trap shavings, it doesn't catch everything - I still got a fair bit of skin flakes around the area where I was using it. So it would be wise to do this on top of a towel or over the bathtub to avoid gross results. This would be a five lippie review if I could really use it wherever. Also, it's quite difficult to remove the file from the rest of the case to throw out the shavings, although that's probably for the best so that it doesn't come off accidentally and dump the culled skin all over the place. Bottom line: this is the first callus-removal product (tool or lotion) I've tried where I'm actually anticipating having lastingly smooth feet if I keep up the regular use. Great product. Don't mess around with the unreviewed or lower rated products if you really want dramatic results.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0

7 years ago

This is great if your feet aren't too bad, but I run 15-20 miles a week so this wasn't enough for me. I've switched to tweezermans callus shaver and I don't have to sit there sanding my heels forever anymore.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure