Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 30-35
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice light-to-medium coverage mineral makeup. I was afraid the Classic Ivory shade would be too dark on me but it goes on lighter than it looks in the compact. Gives a nice, natural look. I apply with a brush, not the applicator that comes in the compact.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I have been dealing with some major skin issues lately, and have had to really come down hard on trying out new products. Since my current SPF moisturizer has been making my T-Zone worse than ever, I have had to give up applying it to that area, but have been in a quandary as to what to do to add sun protection. After reading something on Cosmetic Cop, I decided to use SPF powder foundation on my T-Zone area - and I'm so glad I went for it! I'm not normally a foundation wearer (I use it mostly in the evenings or on special occasions), so I didn't want to invest in something that I wasn't sure was going to work out, but Neutrogena came through! This stuff is great. It has a very sheer coverage (I'm applying it with a powder brush instead of a puff), but somehow has given me that perfect, glowy complexion I have been striving for! Love this stuff!

on 9/11/2009 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow! I was looking for a less $$ pressed powder fdtn to replace my beloved LP which is just too pink and found the great reviews here. I used my EM flat top to apply after I spotted the uglies with concealer and used Clinique pore stuff. Coverage is not as sheer as the package says and did a wonderful job on my broken caps and leftover redness from a pimple or two. I did use the sponge to "spot treat" any leftover areas that needed extra help and it all blended beautifully. Definitely worth a try. I got nude 40 & it looks good on my light/medium skin. Yellow based and most of the colors looked that way with some sort of pinkish. Compact is stupid as the mirror is under the powder -- grrrr ---but all in all a fabulous product. No oxidation either which is a huge problem for me. Took a lippie off for retarted packaging and low to no oil control. Otherwise ---- I'm in love!!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have always used liquid or cream foundation because I thought they covered the best. I don't have terrible skin, but I do have occasional breakouts and uneven texture and some redness. I decided to try this powder foundation because it got good reviews. I really like it. It covers just as well as a liquid and doesn't cake up even when I touch up through out the day. The only thing I don't like is how expensive it is. But I am out of it and will definitely buy again. It's hard finding the perfect make-up for your skin tone so when I find something I like, I stick with it.

on 6/8/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I acutally like this foundation (yes i am surprised lol). I think this is perfect for summer. It only provides sheer to medium coverage so I do have to conceal a few areas, but no biggie. I apply this with the sigma kabuki brush. it's foolproof and fast. and the best thing is that it doesn't seem to aggravate my acne:) oh, i apply a primer (pure luxe eraser) and then a silica powder before i apply this foundation. i also apply silica powder after applying my foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I just happen to come across this powder at a local Walgreens, in their "new items" section, and of course I had to try it! I've been looking for a compact mineral foundation and was very happy to find one from Neutrogena, which is known for being gentle and non-comedogenic. I am Asian and have some yellow in my skin, so it can be hard to find a good color match. I tried the Nude 40 color, and it's a very good match for my skin tone. I have tried it for about a week now and am pretty happy with it. I have oily skin and am prone to break outs. I haven't noticed any break outs this week and my skin actually feels smoother (maybe my imagination?) I usually use BE in medium beige, and it gives good coverage, but tends to oxidize slightly with my oily skin and will sometimes fade around the corners around my nose. But with the Mineral Sheers, the powder color stayed true and I noticed less shine throughout the day! I use a baby kabuki brush in the a.m. and it gives me a light coverage but hides my dark spots pretty well. I use BPO in the a.m. so i was worried a pressed powder foundation would look too cakey or dry on my face. But this powder doesn't look too matte or heavy. The sponge application is a bit heavy for me, especially for touch ups during the afternoon. I will have to start carrying a small portable brush. But overall, a very good product, especially for the price. I paid $12.99 last week, but Walgreens is having a sale this week for 40% so I will stop by and pick up a couple extra, maybe in a darker tone for the summer as well! I give it 4 out of 5 only because I wasn't happy with the packaging, having to flip the compact up to access the mirror. They should use the MAC packaging which is perfect. But I suppose since it's drugstore brand, they need to display the color with the clear lid.