3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

So, I bought this on a whim because I really needed a powder foundation that was affordable and budget friendly, as opposed to my usual MAC studio fix powder foundation. My usual experiences with neutrogena have always been pleasant, plus this powder foundation is mineral, with it being talc free,fragrance free, paraben free,etc. I noticed it said sheer on it, however I decided to give it a try anyway. The packaging is very nice actually. For a drug store product it's very sturdy and you can tell it's not so cheap as other brand packaging. The mirror in the compact is great, and the sponge applicator too! However, I use my MAC sponge applicator with it and I find it works even better. First, before all the application, I put on my usual day moisturizer, my ELF primer (which is great, wrote a review on it btw) and some pimple cream is needed. Then I apply the make up. The coverage is amazing. Even if it says sheer, it's light to medium coverage but you can definitely build it up WITHOUT it being Cakey or heavy. Trust me. I built up the coverage today. And it looks even smoother than MAC studio fix. If you need more coverage, I'd recommend putting concealer on the areas that need it. Like under eye circles, blemishes, etc. Then just pat the powder foundation on! On certain areas that need more coverage on top of the concealer, just dab the powder foundation on repeatedly. I can say it works because I did all of this today. Haha. With this product I really don't need foundation. Today, I'm only wearing this powder and I honestly look and feel even better! No more foundation for me. I put my make up on early in the morning today, and it's still fresh till now! It is now 6:00 pm. It feels so light. Like my skin is actually breathing, compared to how I feel with studio fix on. My color is an NC 30, and with neutrogena powder foundation my color is natural ivory. Which matches perfectly. The price is okay, I can't complain since it offers good performance and is a heck of a lot cheaper than MAC. I will definitely repurchase this again!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

The best powder on the market. Perfect. HG!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

6 years ago

Nice light-to-medium coverage mineral makeup. I was afraid the Classic Ivory shade would be too dark on me but it goes on lighter than it looks in the compact. Gives a nice, natural look. I apply with a brush, not the applicator that comes in the compact.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

Love this stuff. It's definitely a staple. It evens my skin time and stays matte for hours. Definitely a great alternative to liquid and healthier too.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

This foundation is ok. I am still on my quest to find a replacement for Maybelline Purestay powder foundation. I am more convinced all the time that this is going to be a tough thing to find. This has very minimal coverage. I certainly wasn't expecting full coverage, but I was disappointed in amount of coverage. It did not even out redness well at all. It is more powdery looking on my skin than I would like. Some powders manage to be somewhat creamy, but not this one. I found it doesn't hold up too well during the day, fades away more quickly than I think it should. But what really makes me sure that I won't buy it again is the fact that after using it for a while, I start getting a lot of pimples. I quit using it for a while, my skin cleared up, and then when I went back to it, I started experiencing the same breakouts. I am looking pretty rough right now, more pimples at one time than I have had in ages. So this time I am going to throw it away, so I am not tempted to go back and give it another try.

About reviewer (493 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

6 years ago

So I will say that this product did not break my skin out which is why I gave it four lippies. This powder also matched my skin tone rather well. I would have given it five but I am not really satisfied with the coverage. i wasn't expecting it to have medium coverage or anything, I do realize it says Sheer in the name, but it didn't really do anything at all for slight redness and uneven skin tone. This product would be amazing for someone who doesn't need much at all in the coverage department and has breakout prone skin.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Medium

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I adore this. Five stars all around. For my extremly sensitive, milia (and clogged pore) prone skin, I've tried every foundation under the sun. THIS little gem is the only one that my skin doesn't react to. In fact, It makes my skin smoother.I've been wearing it daily for about 5 months and I can officially say that I love it. Franfrance-free, bismuth-free, and talc-free. Amazing. It looks beautiful when buffed on with my Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair retractable kabuki brush. The coverage is light to medium and looks so beautiful and soft. "Nude" matches me perfect (I have fair skin with a warm/yellow undertone.) In wintertime I mix "Nude" with "Classic Ivory". However I think most people could find their shade since the shades seem really adjustable. Pink-skinned gals(or guys) provably won't find their shade though, FYI. Anyway, I adore this powder. This is my HG. UPDATE: it's January and I've hit pan on Classic Ivory and soon to hit pan on "Nude." Love. UPDATE: with use of my L'oreal Sublime Sunless Tanning Lotion, "Nude" is a touch too light. I'll pick up a darker shade of this powder soon. Still my HG after all this time! UPDATE: still HG. It's summer now, I've stopped fake tanning and have gotten a natural tan, now I'm NC30. The color "Natural Beige" in this powder matches perfectly - perhaps a HAIR too light, but that can be fixed with Bronzer. This powder holds up so well in summer heat, with or without a primer. However, it lasts longest at on top of Bare Minerals Prime Time (another HG.)

About reviewer (62 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I am very happy with this product! After a bad experience with BE's Ready Foundation, I was on a quest to find a powder foundation that looks natural, is easy to apply, and can be tucked into my purse or back pack for quick touch ups. I picked up Fair Ivory and found it to be a good match. The compact comes with a little sponge applicator, but I prefer to apply with a makeup brush. You can build coverage very easily without it looking like a mask. Just make sure you apply in small amounts until you achieve the coverage you need. I have dry skin, especially now that it's winter, but if I use BB cream or moisturizer and/or primer before application, it does not accentuate my wrinkles. I avoid the eye area and use a liquid foundation or concealer around my eyes. This product is great at covering up the redness and sun spots on my face and looks very natural, I love it.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

3.0

6 years ago

i freaking loved this product!!! but sadly, gave me some gnarly deep pimples all around my face :( heartbroken it didnt work out for my oily skin.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Medium

from

6 years ago

I'm definitely a powder person and this is good stuff! I use it over my foundation, sometimes to set it with a fluffy brush and sometimes I use the provided sponge to pat it on. It lasts on my skin all day, lasts forever in the compact, has a good mirror, very bendable. Very happy with this!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure