Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $7-$10 US Dollars, which is a good price for DS foundations.
COVERAGE: Light-Medium, I find it to be quite buildable.
FINISH: Semi-matte with a slight sheen that most mineral makeups give. I find the finish very natural and quite lovely :)
TEXTURE: Soft, seems finely milled.
SCENT: None
SPF: Yes, 20
LASTING POWER: This lasts all day on me. I have never had a problem with it breaking down, or getting excessively oily. It will fade slightly as the day goes on, but not to the point where it is completely gone.
SHADES: I usually get this in "Nude". They really need more shades in this foundation, the darkest shade is not NEARLY deep enough.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope, has a very gently formula, as it claims.
PACKAGING: I dont like the packaging. I wish they would skip the bulky compact packaging and put more product in instead, because I find that I run out it in less than a month.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes, when I have better skin I dont need to use as much to get the coverage I want.
FINAL VERDICT: This is a really great DS mineral makeup. Try it out!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've always been a big fan of Neutrogena products. Even though I think it's pretty pricey for a DS brand, as long as it works, who cares. I got this because it was on sale and I planned on using it for more of a setting powder than an actual foundation because I prefer medium to heavy coverage. I tried this with both Maybelline Superstay liquid foundation & Neutrogena healthy skin (not the old kind) liquid foundation. It works pretty well with both of them, it's nice as a setting powder because it doesn't give too much coverage, but it gives you enough to give you the poreless/airbrushed look. I would buy it again, I still use it from time to time. It did have more of a tendency to oxidize on me with the Neutrogena liquid foundation, but with Maybelline it was perfect and it doesn't transfer much.

on 11/6/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Pros:
-Light-Medium coverage (I used a little concealer, and it looks great!
-VERY natural looking coverage
-It has an EXTREMELY slight, slight shimmer. I like this because it gives my skin a healthy glow :)
-I would say the finish is satin. Matte/dewy.
It has not ONCE broken me out :D
-Color match is almost spot on to my skin tone
-Lasts on my face for a good amount of time (I also use ELF mineral face primer underneath)
Cons:
-I hate the packaging, I wish they would just skip the sponge/mirror and put more product in instead. I rather spend more money on the actual product then fancy packaging
-Adding on to my previous con, it doesn't last me a very long time :( I want my foundation to last me atleast a month. This only lasts me 2-3 weeks.

on 5/30/2011 3:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this compact foundation. I've had this product for a while now just never did a review about it. It's very matte and as an acne victim I don't use it by itself and it's just not enough to be by itself. I would buy it again. I just haven't ran out because I don't use it much. My skin is always looking different every day. Sometimes my skin looks best with just a liquid foundation I set and sometimes it looks better with this matte powder foundation on. So it's not a daily product. However when I do use it I absolutely adore the way it goes on so smoothly all over my face balancing my liquid foundation out and overall giving me a flawless look. Keep this in stock Neutrogena!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm an NC42 in MAC studio fix powder and for Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder foundation I use the shade Honey Beige. First of all, this foundation has been very good to my skin. I have pretty sensitive skin and I haven't had a bad reaction to it. It's light-medium coverage. I prefer natural coverage where it doesn't look like I have completely flawless skin so this is great for me. I just use this to even out my skin tone. If you are looking for full-coverage, I do not recommend this because you will most likely be disappointed. It is also mess-free since it's in a compact, which is a big plus and great for on the go/traveling. I also don't recommend it to people with dry skin because it can accentuate the dry-ness.

I really really wanted to love this product, because i love neutrogena. i trust them, especially with the whole dermatologist reccomended thing they have going for them, but i don't like this. And having bought it in june and just reviewing it now says i gave it a fair chance. Ill start with packaging...i know its sanitary for the mirror and puff underneath but i prefer a mirror on top and its a bit bulky. the color selection wasn't bad. i have some yellow in me and i found a good color match. the coverage was light with a brush and heavy with the sponge, but to me really didnt cover anything, just kind of evened things out. which is fine for me but i do break out occasionally and would like something to cover it on its own, not need a whole seperate product. im in college i dont have time for a long routine in the morning. the main reason i dont like this is the way i looked while photographed wearing this. my skin looks off colored, greasy, and gross. so i will not repurchase

on 7/14/2007 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I like the powder in this product. The brush that it comes with is awful though, it feels like sandpaper. I just broke it open and put the powder in a separate container and use it with a large powder brush. It also hasn't broken me out :) great product, crappy container/brush.