Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

Active Ingredients:Titanium Dioxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients:Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silk Powder, Nylon 12, Propylparaben, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470)

I’ve repurchased this three times and in my opinion this is the best drugstore powder foundation currently on the market! So...I’m kinda obsessed with powders - particularly powder foundation. They’re quick, control oil, and can be carried in your purse for touch ups. I’ve worn powder foundation for at least 15 years now and have tried many of them including Mac Studio Fix, Tarte, Lancôme, Bare Minerals, Sephora Microsmooth, Laura Gellar, and It Cosmetics. My favorites that I use consistently on rotation are the Mac Studio Fix, Sephora Microsmooth, and then this Neutrogena powder! The shade “Nude” is yellow toned and perfect for when I’m NC 25. “Natural Beige” is for when I’m NC 30. This is the only drugstore powder I’ve found that has a strong yellow undertone without looking orange or oxidizing. What I particularly love about this powder is that it’s talc-free and mineral based (the first ingredient is mica); it also has some skin soothing ingredients like vitamin e and a to name a few. Most importantly, the two most important things: it doesn’t CAKE and it doesn’t feel drying on my face. This powder, no matter how much you put on, does not settle around nose or cake up on my forehead. It’s also fragrance free. Coverage is around medium I’d say and sometimes I wear a light B.B. cream underneath and then for additional coverage add this powder. I can’t say enough good things about this powder! Only issue is that it is lacking in the shade department. I think there are only 8 shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm actually impressed! It was $7 on sale at ulta. I was breaking out so much and noticed my face aging after using Revlon Colorstay for years. So I thought because this is Neutrogena I probably won't have any problems. The coverage was great for covering my acne scars and minimalizing my pores. My only problem is the shade range. The darkest shade is still too light for my latina/filipina skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best powder on the market. Perfect. HG!

on 9/30/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love love love LOVE this powder foundation. I'm definitely more of a powder or mineral foundation girl. I will use liquid foundation but most of the time I don't have great experiences with it. I was previously using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is really nice, one of the few liquid foundations I actually like but I do have oily/combo skin and I needed something that was a powder but was still gonna give me the right amount of coverage for me. I was in CVS and noticed this Neutrogena Mineral Sheers with SPF 20. The fact that it had SPF 20 definitely made me happy cause I live in Florida where it's super hot and I always need my foundations to have SPF. I was a little nervous about the coverage this would give cause sometimes they will be more like setting powders than powders that will actually give you coverage. This one is definitely a powder foundation. It gives wonderful coverage, it evens out my skintones, hides the majority of my blemishes and even helps with my under eye circles. I still use concealer but this gives the perfection coverage for me personally. I don't like heavy coverage and this looks very natural but still evens everything out. Also it doesn't look ashy on me which is great as well. Sometimes powders will make you look extremely dry but this one is so smooth and creamy. Another plus is that it didn't break me out! My skin is pretty sensitive but this worked well with my skin. The packaging is kind of a chunky compact with a mirror and sponge. It takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag but it's okay cause that's the only downside to this product for me. The price was 13-14 dollars but I'm sure you could get it cheaper at Walmart or Target. I would definitely say if you have dry/normal skin you probably won't like this cause it's pretty matte but if you have oily skin you'll fall in love. I can't live without this powder foundation, it's great! :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My only regret is that I didn't find this sooner!! I LOVE THIS AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THERE ARENT MOREREVIEWS FOR THIS..kinda scares me at the thought that this might get discontinued. I use this after I apply my liquid foundation and set it with my E.L.F flat top brush. It does an excellent job of setting my foundation and evening out my skin tone and never feels cakey or heavy. It also does a great job of minimizing pores on my slightly oily skin, I look polished and matte after application,fresh ,and smooth. This is lightweight that blends effortlessly with sheer to medium buildable coverage.

- I love that it's oil free

- fragrance free

-spf 20

-does not break me out

-This is very gentle and non irritating

-seems to enhance my skin clarity and give me a healthy glow

-I have a hard time finding my shade and I have a perfect match Tan80

I totally recommend this to anyone that wants a quality product to set their foundation or if you just like wearing powder alone. without spending a lot of money or anyone who just prefers to wear powder. This is a inexpensive product to be since to me this is comparable to a 30-40 dollar product so 12.99 is great to me!! This mineral foundation is great and Bare Minerals can kiss it~
UPDATE NO BREAKOUTS AT ALL

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't generally give products 5s, but this one deserves it. I've been using this powder for four years now, and haven't found anything that compares for my oily, yellow-toned fair complexion. I use Nude 40 (note: when I first started wearing MU I used shades 20 or 30, which were both too pale and pink >.< ) I can wear it on its own for light coverage, or use it to set my tinted moisturizer for medium coverage.
Note: when you first apply it, it will look chalky and makeup-y. After an hour or so it settles into my skin and looks flawless and really natural. This in itself is a small miracle, as I soak through most other powders in an hour.
IT DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT HALLELUJAH! :D lol
It won't cover acne pimples (I use MAC studio finish concealer in NC25 for that), but it does sheer out scars and cover up flat areas of redness and blotchiness so I don't need to use much concealer at all.
I'd really recommend this to anyone looking for a good basic makeup.

on 5/30/2011 3:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this compact foundation. I've had this product for a while now just never did a review about it. It's very matte and as an acne victim I don't use it by itself and it's just not enough to be by itself. I would buy it again. I just haven't ran out because I don't use it much. My skin is always looking different every day. Sometimes my skin looks best with just a liquid foundation I set and sometimes it looks better with this matte powder foundation on. So it's not a daily product. However when I do use it I absolutely adore the way it goes on so smoothly all over my face balancing my liquid foundation out and overall giving me a flawless look. Keep this in stock Neutrogena!

on 6/9/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was using this product religiously for over a year and was already on my 3rd compact. Then I decided to be adventurous and try out liquid foundations. My search for the perfect foundation has been completely disappointing and fruitless colors dont ever match or I either break out like crazy. A few days ago I decided to revisit this old friend of mine and I rediscovered why I loved it so much. I now realize that I dont need liquid full coverage to get great looking skin. The color I have is Natural Beige (60). I love how this looks very natural on me. It conceals any redness and acne I have granted acne lumps and bumps are always obvious no matter if you use liquid or powder foundations. I use a flat top brush and pat it on my face after using a primer and concealer from there I determine if I need more coverage or not and apply accordingly. Obviously, as with any foundation product, this will cake if applied too heavily. This powder foundation does not change color as the day progresses and lasts me through my work day with minimal touch ups. I do have to blot once or twice but that is something that cant be helped since I tend to have oily skin. I love the fact that it is oil and fragrance free with SPF 20. As previously mentioned, I like to use this over a primer and concealer, and sometimes over liquid foundation for extra coverage. I think this is one powder foundation I will always repurchase. Also, I do sometimes like to use the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige (Medium 2-2.5) over this for extra 'matte-ti-fication' (hehe). For color reference I use Revlon Colorstay in Natural Tan (330), Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Enriched Foundation in Sand (300 although this is a smidge too dark with a slight pink undertone) and Clinique Even Better SPF 15 in Golden Neutral (#16).

on 2/2/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've been using it over the Mac studio fix liquid foundation and omg! It's the best thing ever!! I don't need to buy the expensive powders anymore Yay!! :D oh and it doesn't clog my pores,break me out, make me oily and all that bad stuff :)

on 1/28/2010 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my go-to powder. It has great coverage that is buildable. It doesn't make my sensitive acne-prone skin break out. Overall, I would definitely recommend this.