Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Active Ingredients:†Titanium Dioxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients:†Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silk Powder, Nylon 12, Propylparaben, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation made my skin oily. It caused breakouts and comes off easily and feels cakey.

on 7/28/2008 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this, but by lunch today (first use) I was orange and greasy. Came home to wash my face. Husband said I looked better after washing it off. It was also blotchy -- probably from the oil pools. I like the SPF though and got it in Buff.

on 6/18/2008 10:13:00 AM

No, no, no.

I got duped into buying this during a recent foray into mineral makeup. I think it must have been the semi-cool packaging that suckered me in, as I have always managed to steer clear of Neutrogena foundations in the past....now I remember why!

This offered no coverage, leaving my skin dry and extremely blotchy looking. Also somehow managed to make my microdermabraded, freshly scrubbed, exfoliated, and moisturized skin look extremely ROUGH, which is never a problem for me.

This will be going back to CVS for sure.

on 8/4/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Shake, shake, shake -- nothing -- shake some more -- nothing. Shake VIGorously, and a massive pouf of silt comes out of the end of a very cheap, coarse brush, with more of the fine powder disappearing into the atmosphere than landing on your face. Very wasteful. Freakishly orange color, complicated packaging, uneven coverage -- blech! You're better off pillaging some of the fine natural clay that comes off your local desert floor (should you be fortunate enough to live in the southwest), than wasting your hard-earned money on yet another crappy product.

on 7/22/2006 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ugh. When will I learn? Check MUA BEFORE purchasing anything at the drugstore, even tried and true brands! The packaging looks so cute and useful, but in reality it's awful - there's no way to control how much product goes on the brush, and if you've used MMU's before, you know that's a huge key to success.

I was left feeling like it's not quite a powder, not a foundation... all in all, it's not much of anything except an immediate return to CVS.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product blows! You can't even get the powder onto your face! I gave up on this product, the L'Oreal Bare Naturale is WAY better, and even the Physicians Formula Mineral wear is better than this crap. I'm disappointed in Neutrogena for this make. DON'T BUY IT, unless MAYBE they repackage it.

on 1/27/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product hoping to replace my previous powder foundation. And because I had read so many great review I gave it a shot! BAD.

Pros:
*Feels like nothing is there
*Does not have any bad smells....or bad smell at all

Cons:
*Does not last
*No anti oil properties
*TOO sheer
*BROKE ME OUT!
*Packaging sucks

Definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this hoping for a more yellow look. I have really really yellow tinted skin. It just didn't do the job for me. I put it on and looked like I had put fake tanner on my face and I had picked the 2nd lightest shade. The price of it was nice and I had gotten it from Ulta so I was able to return it, but I definitely wouldn't buy it again. It was just too orange for me. So I'm still on the search for a nice powder foundation.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The design of this product is genius Ö if only it worked! What Iíve come to like about mineral make-up is the ability to control the amount of coverage you get. The way this product dispenses powder onto its built-in brush is fairly awkward so I donít feel I have that much control. After shaking the powder into the brush, Iíve tried tapping it on the base but that doesnít seem to help all that much. The bristles are on the stiff side so you canít really buff the powder on your face as easily as you can with, say, the Bare Escentuals Kabuki brush. Additionally, the coverage seems to be a bit heavy and chalky. I have a skin tone thatís hard to match and this color makes me look orange. And the finish tends to be way too powdery looking. Iíve been using a big powder brush after each application as thatís the only way I can tone down the mask-like look it gives me.

on 10/23/2013 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i got this in buff 30 and everything was a perfect match for my skintone which is pretty light since it is fall and the coverage was flawless and i loved it so much... but my allergies have been so bad and this product made my allergies worse than they already are so i put it in my drawer for now in hopes that my allergies get better and this product isnt making my allergies worse... but im 100% sure that i am allergic to an ingredient in this product :(