Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

I recently tried Physician's Formula mineral powder and was not impressed. Very chalky looking. So when I saw this product, I just had to go out and try it.

I'm not completely thrilled with it. First off, the plastic piece that slides up and down, broke off and now the powder pours out. I tried reattaching it but it won't stay in. Also, the brush leaves little black bristles across my skin. Like a typical, cheaply made brush.

The coverage isn't great. And I realize it is a sheer but it doesn't seem to even out my sensitive skin either. It actually seems to have irritated it, Making me look older. And I think the powder is actually quite obvious, especially in sunlight. My covergirl powder worked better for half the price.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product so badly because I have tried other mineral makeups in the past and they just didn't work for me, but I thought Neutrogena would have nailed it. What a waste of time. This one just did not work for me. First of all, it took me forever to get some powder on the brush so at first I assumed the the powder was super sheer, but then I shook it very vigorously and like other reviewers, I banged it on the counter and then I could see the powder coming out in a small circular area right in the middle of the brush. I applied it and I couldn't get even coverage, it doesn't work well over moisturizer. So if I want to use it, I have to dust my usual loose powder over my entire face and then apply this minerlal powder. The brush is akward and it's too square, it should have been round. On top of this it makes my pores look huge and my skin looks better bare! This doesn't make me glow or look radiant, it just looks matte and cakey and chalky and just plain wack. I will not buy this again. I am sticking with liquid foundation, it makes my skin look so much better.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hello all. I'm new to this site, but I plan to consult it before any cosmetic purchase. I'm new to the whole "mineral foundation" scene. I've drooled at the Bare Escentuals informercials on tv many a time. I do NOT drool over the price, however, and decided to give a cheaper version a try. I have combination skin with a bit of uneveness and a few discolorations from healed acne.

I think I'm one of the only people who purchased this who didn't have a problem with the design or brush. Either my face has lost sensation or is reinforced with steel...I really thought the brush was very soft and nice-feeling. As for the product coming out in the center I just shake like there's no tomorrow and buff it all over my face in small circular motions. It takes a bit of exertion, but I can get it on evenly - and my right arm seems to be getting more and more toned :P

As far as the coverage goes...I'm pleased. Before I tried this I was a liquid foundation sort of gal. I LOVE the way a powder feels as opposed to a filmy of a liquid foundation. I do at times have a bit of trouble with this make-up covering those trouble spots. It does even out my face beautifully. Normally I have a hellish time finding a good match for my hispanic (medium tan-tan with yellow undertones) skin. The lightness and sheerness of this powder seems to adjust to my skin.

I'm pleased overall with neutrogena mineral sheers. Maybe I'd be thrilled if I quit being cheap and bought the high-end stuff.

on 7/14/2007 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I like the powder in this product. The brush that it comes with is awful though, it feels like sandpaper. I just broke it open and put the powder in a separate container and use it with a large powder brush. It also hasn't broken me out :) great product, crappy container/brush.

on 8/18/2007 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A nice powder with sheer coverage, just like it says...and unlike many of the other reviewers, I actually do like the packaging. I started using this after buying the Bare Escentuals starter set -- frankly, that product gave me too much coverage and I didn't like the messy application, carrying around a separate brush, colors that weren't exactly what I wanted, etc. -- much less the cost. I bought this a few times and would do so again, should I ever wean myself off of my HG Colorscience (fat chance!)

on 8/21/2007 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is great stuff! I'm trying to make the switch from liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers to mineral powders. This is the only one I've tried, but am planning on purchasing L'Oreal and Colorescience so I can compare and make a better decision. The NMS definitely goes on sheer, as advertised, but adds a nice glow without looking powdery. I took the advice of other reviewers and broke the powder out of the crazy casing, and used my own brush.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The coverage of this is sheer, like the name says. I'd say it has a tad more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but in powder form. Overall, I liked this, it blended well, stayed on through the day, looked natural on me. It helps to apply it on the face and then blend it with a kabuki brush.

Btw, I have combination skin.

on 12/17/2007 1:35:00 PM

Just got this at least 2 days ago. I just tried using it today and I see NOTHING come out of the packaging! Way too difficult, so I'm going to return it. Not at all worth the $10

on 1/16/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I read the reviews of the original version of this, where the product was the brush, and I almost didn't buy it because of those bad reviews, but this was 40% off and I had a coupon so what the heck. I'm very happy with this. It gives me the coverage I need, it matches my skintone, and it looks natural. I do not like the way the mirror is under the pan. Makes for very awkward application, but overall this is a definite winner. I think the regular price is $13.99. I think I'll stock up while it's on sale.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I like this, i have lots of yellow in my skin and its hard to find something without looking too orange, pink or gray), im a light skinned puerto rican and jamican and i never go in the sun. anyways its cheap. and i use it over the visibly even foundation(TOASTED HONEY, LOTS OF YELLOW). i like neutrogena because i dont have to worry about it breaking me out and its nice a velvety texure gives my skin a smooth look but not ashy and powdery, like bare minerals. plus its a compact, LOVE IT. i have the fresh face mineral luster, which was like 30$ even with my employee discount, and it looks grayish on me if i piled it on. i like this because i can take a sponge and tap it on my face to set my concealer with out it looking like a big powder blotch. ill buy it again, im pretty happy with neutrogena