Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.9

Active Ingredients:Titanium Dioxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients:Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silk Powder, Nylon 12, Propylparaben, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470)

I’ve repurchased this three times and in my opinion this is the best drugstore powder foundation currently on the market! So...I’m kinda obsessed with powders - particularly powder foundation. They’re quick, control oil, and can be carried in your purse for touch ups. I’ve worn powder foundation for at least 15 years now and have tried many of them including Mac Studio Fix, Tarte, Lancôme, Bare Minerals, Sephora Microsmooth, Laura Gellar, and It Cosmetics. My favorites that I use consistently on rotation are the Mac Studio Fix, Sephora Microsmooth, and then this Neutrogena powder! The shade “Nude” is yellow toned and perfect for when I’m NC 25. “Natural Beige” is for when I’m NC 30. This is the only drugstore powder I’ve found that has a strong yellow undertone without looking orange or oxidizing. What I particularly love about this powder is that it’s talc-free and mineral based (the first ingredient is mica); it also has some skin soothing ingredients like vitamin e and a to name a few. Most importantly, the two most important things: it doesn’t CAKE and it doesn’t feel drying on my face. This powder, no matter how much you put on, does not settle around nose or cake up on my forehead. It’s also fragrance free. Coverage is around medium I’d say and sometimes I wear a light B.B. cream underneath and then for additional coverage add this powder. I can’t say enough good things about this powder! Only issue is that it is lacking in the shade department. I think there are only 8 shades.

on 10/23/2013 1:38:00 PM

Update: this is beginning to sit in my lines more since i am getting more of them so imam using it a dusting powder rather than a foundation.just lightly with a powder brush and not heavily with the sponge.
I love this product. It goes on smooth and stays on a long time with a primer of course which I use with all my foundations even the pricey ones. It doesn't settle into my lines and doesn't change color as the day goes on. It has good coverage and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It has parabens which I wish it didn't, but overall I am very happy with it.

on 4/27/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a really nice powder foundation for normal-to-dry skin. It doesn't settle, which is good, and has an SPF of 20, which is even better. (Though you shouldn't rely on powder alone for sun protection if you're going to be out for an extended time.) The color selection is poor, though: nothing for very light or very dark skin. I have shade #20 (Natural Ivory), and it's a pretty close match to MAC's Studio Fix Powder in NW20.

on 12/4/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and have yet to find a foundation that has "all day" coverage. This mineral foundation though does really well for sheer to medium coverage even with having to blot from oily skin during the day. Also is one that did not cause any breakouts or disturbances with my skin. I would definitly buy it again.

on 1/4/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried a lot of mineral makeup brands from Everyday Minerals to Jane Iredale. I have to say that these are one of the best. They are expensive but that is because of the quality. They do not make my skin itch as other minerals and they stay put the whole day on my oily skin, which is a huge blessing. They look great in the pics despite their spf. I highly recommend these minerals to oily skin gals-

on 9/30/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So the reviews about this product are all scattered under several titles. I used to use this product and possibly stopped using it because of the shade. I am not sure whether Natural Beige No. 60 is new or not but it seems to work for me. I use Tan No. 80 as the bronzer and for contouring and I am all set. The minerals are finely milled and do not make me uber shiny which is a huge plus. I have tried majority of minerals and although majority have been friendly on my skin, they faded or melted within a couple of hours. This in comparison really lasts. So for those with oily skin, this is possibly the answer to your prayers. For those with dry skin, you need to moisturize as these may be a bit dry for you. Overall, the coverage is fantastic and it does not oxidize. No zits or break outs or irritations like itching either. Applying this product, just like all minerals, is very important. Get a good brush and you will love this. Highly recommended.

on 5/9/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product: Neutrogena Mineral Sheers, Powder Foundation, SPF 20, Natural Ivory 20, was my first attempt at using a mineral/powder foundation.

The product felt thick and powdery when applied and looked cakey reminiscent of all of the excess foundation and powder applications from the 80's. However, within about an hour, it appeared more natural. With time, the moisture from my skin must have started to mesh with the powder making it less powder-like on my face.

My skin becomes more dry this time of year from lots of bicycling so it's likely that I shouldn't be using this type of product at all during the warmer months. However, I do need good coverage--freckles, sun spots, etc., and this product delivered. (My largest concern with one of my current favorite liquid foundations is lack of coverage.) And, I need stronger sun protection this time of year--layering SPF 20 foundation on top of a sun-shielding moisturizer usually works well without the drawback of feeling too heavy like when using a single, higher SPF product.

I also decided that Natural Ivory 20 is too light for my skin. It appeared okay in the store when I held my hand up against the color-selector swatches on the store display--my hands are more tan than my face, but after getting it home, opening it up and applying it, it's definitely way too light (which could also be part of the problem with the cakey appearance.)

A real life problem that this product solved was the ability to travel. I'm constantly looking for sample-size products and powder forms because getting all of my liquids, gels, and creams through airport security is a real burden. Because I travel weekly, I am always on the look out for more travel-friendly alternatives. This product is a powder that replaces something that is normally a liquid, and as such, it frees up some extra "baggie" space for other liquid products.

I considered trying a darker shade, but have since decided to find another liquid product instead as my skin continues to become more dry as my time spent outdoors increases exponentially with the rising temps.

My overall impression of this product is that it's a great price, nice packaging and may work well for someone with oilier skin. It delivered good coverage and the thick powdery appearance decreased given a little wear time even on dry skin. I did not experience any increase in acne or other skin issues.

Bonus points: it went through airport security without needing to be "baggied" along with all of my other liquid products.

Cautions: if you have skin that tends to be on the drier side, you may want to reconsider; and find a store that will let you sample it first because the display color-selector didn't work well in my case.

on 4/8/2009 10:48:00 PM

I like this product, it is so quick and easy to use...just rub the sponge on the powder and wipe it on your face. Like other reviewers mentioned, it is best if you don't have major wrinkles or lines, and just wish to even out your skin tone. It's true that it gets used up really fast. I buy two at a time in two different shades, and blend accordingly to how my face looks on any particular day. It is GREAT if you have really oily skin like mine. The texture is just right.

on 3/26/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this product. It dries out my skin and settles into my fine lines. I guess it would be good for touch ups throughout the day, but that's about it.

on 1/19/2009 10:59:00 AM

I got soft beige which was the closest to my winter skin tone, but not as close as the MUFE 125. Unfortunately, even with a light dusting, this powder EMPHASIZES all my fine lines and although I looked good from afar because it did even out my skin tone and brightened my face, from starting about 12 inches away, it just made me look a lot older---NOT the purpose of a foundation. With the amount of powder I put on, I doubt that i would have an SPF close to the 20 it's supposed to give. I will not be buying this again.