Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.2

Active Ingredients:Titanium Dioxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients:Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silk Powder, Nylon 12, Propylparaben, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470)

I’ve repurchased this three times and in my opinion this is the best drugstore powder foundation currently on the market! So...I’m kinda obsessed with powders - particularly powder foundation. They’re quick, control oil, and can be carried in your purse for touch ups. I’ve worn powder foundation for at least 15 years now and have tried many of them including Mac Studio Fix, Tarte, Lancôme, Bare Minerals, Sephora Microsmooth, Laura Gellar, and It Cosmetics. My favorites that I use consistently on rotation are the Mac Studio Fix, Sephora Microsmooth, and then this Neutrogena powder! The shade “Nude” is yellow toned and perfect for when I’m NC 25. “Natural Beige” is for when I’m NC 30. This is the only drugstore powder I’ve found that has a strong yellow undertone without looking orange or oxidizing. What I particularly love about this powder is that it’s talc-free and mineral based (the first ingredient is mica); it also has some skin soothing ingredients like vitamin e and a to name a few. Most importantly, the two most important things: it doesn’t CAKE and it doesn’t feel drying on my face. This powder, no matter how much you put on, does not settle around nose or cake up on my forehead. It’s also fragrance free. Coverage is around medium I’d say and sometimes I wear a light B.B. cream underneath and then for additional coverage add this powder. I can’t say enough good things about this powder! Only issue is that it is lacking in the shade department. I think there are only 8 shades.

on 10/23/2013 1:38:00 PM

Update: this is beginning to sit in my lines more since i am getting more of them so imam using it a dusting powder rather than a foundation.just lightly with a powder brush and not heavily with the sponge.
I love this product. It goes on smooth and stays on a long time with a primer of course which I use with all my foundations even the pricey ones. It doesn't settle into my lines and doesn't change color as the day goes on. It has good coverage and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It has parabens which I wish it didn't, but overall I am very happy with it.

on 4/8/2009 10:48:00 PM

I like this product, it is so quick and easy to use...just rub the sponge on the powder and wipe it on your face. Like other reviewers mentioned, it is best if you don't have major wrinkles or lines, and just wish to even out your skin tone. It's true that it gets used up really fast. I buy two at a time in two different shades, and blend accordingly to how my face looks on any particular day. It is GREAT if you have really oily skin like mine. The texture is just right.

on 1/23/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like the color choices offered, but it doesn't give me full coverage and it's a bit too chalky. The classic ivory is a good choice for it doesn't look too yellowy or pinkish on my skin.

on 2/18/2008 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have combination skin that is acne prone and thought that this would be a safe product for my skin. The ingredient list is short and Neutrogena claims that it is non-comedogenic and will not clog pores. I was really excited to try this new product because I found a shade that was a perfect match for me. Unfortunately, I had a horrible experience with this product and it caused severe cystic acne. After only two days of not using this powder, my face has cleared and I am not even wearing makeup today. This makeup was the only thing that I changed in my routine last week, so it definitely was the culprit of my cystic acne. The packaging is horrible, and it is very hard to open. It is also deceiving about how much product is in the package, so youll be surprised when you open it. I applied the product with a brush and avoided the sponge that is included in the package.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I wanted to love this, mostly because of the price and convenience. I currently use Philosophy Airbrush Canvas mineral makeup and love, love, love it, but at $35 plus shipping, well, I'm always looking for a replacement...

I really like the coverage that this product affords. I have a few old acne scars and redness, and this product covers them quite well. It evens out my complexion without looking mask-like. BTW, I use the lightest color available. It doesn't have a "glowy" look like some MMU, but doesn't look flat, either. My freckles show through, which I like.

My problem is that I have been absolutely breakout free for months and months and months -- ever since I settled on the just-right cleaning, moisturizing and makup combination. I shouldn't have upset the apple cart. Just two days of use and I have a cystic pimple on my chin. Ouch. Haven't had one of those in YEARS. Additionally, the itching that I experienced with Bare Minerals prior to finding Philosphy is also occuring with this product.

Into the trash...glad it was 50% off at Walgreen's this week.