Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 25-29
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for about a month and it's your pretty average/basic powder. I liked the loose powder a bit more. I don't have anything negative to say about this product other than I didn't like the applicator pad. It just didn't seem to work very well. I liked the brush from the loose powder so much better. I use a brush to apply my powder, but if I'm out and need touch up my face I use the applicator it came with.

I got the shade Classic Ivory and it worked fine for my skin tone. This is a pretty sheer/light foundation, so it you're looking for more coverage I would try something else. I only ever put one layer on with a brush to set my foundation. I don't build up on it, but I think you could do so for a more medium coverage. It sets my foundation nicely and gives me a slightly smoother look.

I wouldn't rebuy this simply because I know there are better products for the same price.

I think it's worth a try if you need a basic everyday powder though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this powder off and on for a few years now. I have tried other powders and products that I have liked (Physicians Formula, MAC) but I keep coming back to this one because it is affordable, reliable, and it doesn't cause breakouts. It doesn't last all day and it often is not enough coverage if you have any scars or blemishes whatsoever, but it feels clean on the face, keeps my oil in check for the most part, contains SPF, and is a perfect color match for my skin. I'm a C4 and I use Natural Beige. I just discovered Physician's Formula BB Cream and started using that as a primer and then use a bit of the bb cream concealer wand on problem areas and finish with a light dusting of this powder and it looks better than anything I have ever used. My skin literally glows all day long. If I were just rating this product alone, I would give it a lower rating, but I don't think you will find many powders that can be worn alone, unless it is Studio Fix or unless you have perfect skin. I would recommend this to other peeps with oily or sensitive skin with the caveat that you should probably try a foundation underneath or a bb cream if you don't like wearing a ton of product on your face.

on 10/8/2012 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product causes pimples. I have acne prone skin, the first day I used it, everything was great, great coverage. But by the 2nd day I started to break out and got blemishes. I noticed that this product does clog pores which causes pimples. Overall, it's a great product for someone who does not have large pores or acne prone skin.

on 12/21/2011 8:03:00 PM

This product made my skin break out so bad I wanted to cry! There must be something in the ingredient list that made my skin react so bad. I am sure that this foundation was the cause of my horrible breakout because when I stopped using it my skin started to improve. Never again I will buy this or any product from Neutrogena.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My only regret is that I didn't find this sooner!! I LOVE THIS AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THERE ARENT MOREREVIEWS FOR THIS..kinda scares me at the thought that this might get discontinued. I use this after I apply my liquid foundation and set it with my E.L.F flat top brush. It does an excellent job of setting my foundation and evening out my skin tone and never feels cakey or heavy. It also does a great job of minimizing pores on my slightly oily skin, I look polished and matte after application,fresh ,and smooth. This is lightweight that blends effortlessly with sheer to medium buildable coverage.

- I love that it's oil free

- fragrance free

-spf 20

-does not break me out

-This is very gentle and non irritating

-seems to enhance my skin clarity and give me a healthy glow

-I have a hard time finding my shade and I have a perfect match Tan80

I totally recommend this to anyone that wants a quality product to set their foundation or if you just like wearing powder alone. without spending a lot of money or anyone who just prefers to wear powder. This is a inexpensive product to be since to me this is comparable to a 30-40 dollar product so 12.99 is great to me!! This mineral foundation is great and Bare Minerals can kiss it~
UPDATE NO BREAKOUTS AT ALL

A pretty darn good drug store powder foundation. I am an NC20 and the classic ivory 10 is a perfect match for my skin tone. For me this powder provides a medium coverage, matte but not unnatural looking. I find it lasts about 8 hours. I love the sponge that comes with it. It comes with 9.6g of product, which doesn't seem like that much. I usually hit pan after about 7 days of use which seems too quick. But I will keep repurchasing because its the best drugstore foundation I've found.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product provides surprisingly good coverage for a powder compact foundation. It is sheer coverage, but it evens out skin tone really nicely. It also does a great job of minimizing pores on my moderately oily skin, giving a fresh and smooth appearance. My main challenge has been choosing the right color. The first time (over a year ago), I chose Natural Ivory 20, and didn't feel totally satisfied with the color. I next tried Classic Ivory 10, which worked much better for me because it is just as fair, but with a more flattering golden tone that balances out the redness in my neutral-to-pink - toned skin. Now, however, it is early autumn and I have a slight tan from summer. Classic Ivory is looking a little too pale, so I tried Nude 40 because Buff 30 looked too pink. I think Nude 40 may just be a little too deep and golden for me, though. I may need to look elsewhere to find a truly neutral fair-beige shade (neither too pink nor too yellow) that works with my skintone. Until then, I will try blending Classic Ivory and Nude when I want to use this beautifully-textured foundation.

on 6/9/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was using this product religiously for over a year and was already on my 3rd compact. Then I decided to be ‘adventurous’ and try out liquid foundations. My search for the perfect foundation has been completely disappointing and fruitless… colors don’t ever match or I either break out like crazy. A few days ago I decided to revisit this old friend of mine and I rediscovered why I loved it so much. I now realize that I don’t need liquid full coverage to get great looking skin. The color I have is Natural Beige (60). I love how this looks very natural on me. It conceals any redness and acne I have… granted acne lumps and bumps are always obvious no matter if you use liquid or powder foundations. I use a flat top brush and pat it on my face after using a primer and concealer… from there I determine if I need more coverage or not and apply accordingly. Obviously, as with any foundation product, this will cake if applied too heavily. This powder foundation does not change color as the day progresses and lasts me through my work day with minimal touch ups. I do have to blot once or twice but that is something that can’t be helped since I tend to have oily skin. I love the fact that it is oil and fragrance free with SPF 20. As previously mentioned, I like to use this over a primer and concealer, and sometimes over liquid foundation for extra coverage. I think this is one powder foundation I will always repurchase. Also, I do sometimes like to use the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige (Medium 2-2.5) over this for extra 'matte-ti-fication' (hehe). For color reference I use Revlon Colorstay in Natural Tan (330), Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Enriched Foundation in Sand (300 – although this is a smidge too dark with a slight pink undertone) and Clinique Even Better SPF 15 in Golden Neutral (#16).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to love this, but I don't. The powder itself is just so-so...and the idea that the brush is connected is good in theory, however I was practically having nightmares thinking about how dirty it was getting and all of the bacteria growing in it because you can't clean it. Also the powder doesn't come out very well. Definitely not worth $10 and I won't be buying this again. :(

Very natural and makes my skin GLOW!