Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 8/22/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am from the Caribbean and castor oil "real homemade "castor oil and coconut oil it's what was used in my hair , for best results in skin care brows and lashes mix in with real Coconut oil and you will be amazed. it can also be added to to body lotions hand creams for that extra hydration.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bottom line: this helps with hair growth, but breaks me out badly.

I have extremely sensitive skin, so I have to be extremely careful with any new product. This does not irritate my skin, but does clog my pores if that makes sense. It took a few days to notice this was causing issues because of it.

I used this after cleansing and before my serums/moisturizers only at night. I used this only on my brows and lashes in hopes it would encourage hair growth.

It is extremely thick which nicely coats the brows/lashes. After nearly two weeks of use, it has definitely encouraged growth. There are a few sections of my brows that refused to grow in thanks to regular threading and plucking, those spots have started to fill in. It does not take long for it to help brows and lashes grow thicker and longer.

As I said above, it is extremely thick and after a few days I noticed pimples in my brows and little white bumps along my lash line. Unfortunately, this oil clogs my pores and so I will not continue using.

IF you aren't as sensitive and acne-prone, try this out. It definitely produces results.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

When i was growing my natural hair out, made my hair strands so thick and healthy. I use this stuff on my eyebrows to help grow them out as well as my eyelashes using an old mascara brush that;s been washed out. I prefer Jamaican Black castor oil. Despise the sunny isle brand. Love this stuff. smells terrible tho :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In love with this product. I am glad I gave it a shot because truthfully I was extremely skeptical at first. I ahve been using with a q tip and putting it on my eyebrows every night for about a month and I can notice new growth. It is very slow to see but it is definitely doing something. Price is so affordable and it is so worth it!

on 7/13/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I love castor oil. It is one of my favorite. It's a thick oil with a yellow tinge. It has an offensive smell but I tolerate it for the benefits. I use it on my eyebrows every now and then to fill out mishaps or too condition the area. I focus it on my hairline when it appears thin otherwise I rub a bit roughly all over to seal in moisture or pre-poo. What I get is soft glossy hair. Sometimes I cut it with another carrier oil to ease spreading.

on 12/17/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I tried castor oil about a year or so ago to grow out my edges and help my poor wimpy little eyebrows but wasn't consistent with it and just couldn't seem to get it to work for me. I was making the mistake of using it plain and no matter how small of an amount you use, if you use it alone it will be too thick and sticky.

Fast forward to about 3 months ago and i started mixing it with avocado oil (1/3 castor oil, 2/3 avocado oil) in a small bottle for removing eye makeup and i started noticing how much thicker and longer my lashes looked. I noticed they were fuller first and now they're longer, to the point that it looks like i'm wearing one coat of mascara even when they're bare. I've started to using around my edges in the front to hopefully grow out my bangs faster. Good stuff and it really does work if you use it sparingly and consistently.

on 8/27/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Using castor oil has made my eyebrows seem thicker, but I don't like that it's smell can be overpowering and that it's very thick. I've stopped using castor oil for a couple of weeks now, and I've noticed that my eyebrows have returned to how they were before. I don't like that I have to use this all the time to see results, and that the results aren't lasting.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Quite simply the best oil for my thick natural 4C textured hair. I apply after washing when damp to seal in moisture. It makes my hair grow thick, and STRONG too. I love it. I haven't really used it for face or body as its very thick in consistency. I do however think its great for nails. I just purchased a generic cheap bottle for £2.99 marked 'Caribbean castor oil' it works great. Don't go spending big bucks.

on 11/27/2013 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought Jamaican black castor oil from amazon a few months ago because I heard it helps to grow hair back. I used it all and couldn't go more than a few weeks without it. It was a little to thick and had a strong smell so I bought home health castor oil from amazon in 32 oz. I prefer the home health castor oil because it has a very very light scent and it is not thick. I have had issues with growing in my hairline and sides of my hair after going natural and this oil has brought my hair back. I thought there was no hope for my hair but this oil has completely grown in my hair. I am now using it on my eyebrows and eye lashes and I can say I am seeing positive results. Castor oil is a god send!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product seems like a miracle! a gift from above lls seriously I cant remember life with out this. I've had palma christi castor oil for about a month now. I remember asking my mom for it and she thought I was crazy she had only heard of using it as a laxative not for hair and eyelashes. My eyelashes have grown alot in just 4 weeks my hair which use to be so dry is now soft shiny and beautiful. I mixed this in my conditioner also put it on my hair then curl my hair with a curling wand it makes my curls last longer and look amazing my hair now just looks so healthy. And my hair has grew since I have really thick dry hair castor oil doesnt weigh my hair down. I put it on everynight on my eyelashes and some times do hot oil treatments with it. When I have cramps I heat this up rub it on my stomach and my cramps go away. I havent used it as a laxative but I heard it works great for that... oh and I almost forgot to mention the main reason I got this after a full year of getting sew in weaves and braids my edges were thinning used this my edges are completely back this stuff is a miracle not a fan of the smell but it doesnt matter with all the good it does I think I can deal with the smell.

Popular Brows Products