Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm

Bobbi Brown Extra Moisturizing Balm
Extra Moisturizing Balm

3.9

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Sucrose, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Glucosamine HCL, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8 Distearate, Stearic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a very nice heavy moisturizer for those of us with persistent dry skin. I know some women don't care for its scent but I don't mind it at all.

That said, I don't like the fact that this product is so thick that it's hard to spread on the skin and so expensive. (I got my jar on eBay and it still was no bargain.) However, if I can either swap for this item or find it on eBay, I'll probably buy it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

This is very moisturizing and is perfect for my extremely dry face and neck skin that literally loses the barrier each time washed. My skin also dries up hours after applying the hydrating face moisturizer (meant for normal skin).

This extra moisturizing balm is the next step up. It's like a "rich man's eucerin" but safe for the face and not as thick. I suggest people with normal skin to stay away as it will be far too rich for your skin, especially in the summer.

on 2/16/2007 9:35:00 PM

Too rich even for my very dry skin. And it doesn't even spread it's sooo thick. I hated and threw it away. What a waste of money...

I bought this like others when I was getting the end of my tether with the dry skin on my cheeks. It made my foundation go awful and just magnified the problem. So after sampling it at the BB counter I decided to invest (it's not what I'd call cheap) Now the smell of this product might not be to everyone's liking and it does have rather an odd consistancy (not like any other moisturizer I've used before) but it deffinately delivers results. I was advised to use it daily when my skin is being particularly problematic, and then as little as once a week when it was at it's best so it lasts a surprisingly long time. Will be buying this again!

on 4/17/2006 7:37:00 PM

I received a sample of this from the BB counter. It smells HORRIBLE and the texture does not "spread" well on the skin. I've tried it on my face, lips, body but it just didn't work. I wouldn't recommend paying a lot for a product that doesn't smell good (unless it actually works and is an anti-aging, anti-acne product).

on 2/15/2006 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been a drugstore skin care girl forever... I just found products that worked. However, since I've turned 35, I literally noticed an overnight change in my skin... dull, tight, etc. So, I want to the BB counter looking for a makeover and she aksed if she could show me the skin care. My skin is so very dry that she used this on me, along with some other items. I use this with Intensive Skin Supplement and Hydrating Eye Balm, and twice a week I use the Buffing Grains. It's amazing that my skin has become so radiant in just about 2 weeks! I love this stuff. I just don't love the PRICE (if my fiancÚ only knew this was $80)... and I would prefer a different container, but what can you do? Will continue to use this. I love it. I bet it would even be great in summer, but time will tell.

on 2/18/2005 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For the price- it is not that great compared to Chanel and it leaves you so greasy and it is difficult to apply and not all that hydrating

on 1/9/2005 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Extra Moisturizing Balm, is part of Bobbi Brown's newest line called Extra. It's for women with very dry skin, that need extra care. I actually purchased her sample sized extra pack and have been simply impressed with everything in this line.
The Extra Moisturizing Balm, is a very thick norishiung cream for the face. It's a perfect night cream, made with essential oils and vitamens.I wake up with totally moisturized, nourished skin. The smell is delightful too. It is very thick, and you need some patience to apply to your face.
It may be to thick for day time use. I found it hard to apply makeup over it. So I only wear it on the days I choose not to wear makeup.
This will be a staple of mine!

on 10/8/2001 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff, even though it costs $75. I have extremely dry skin that is red and rough. After using this for one day, people actually commented on how good my skin looked. It has an SPF of 25 and is really heavy. I don't think it would be the best choice for someone with combo or oily skin. It is a great addition for the upcoming winter.