bareMinerals lip gloss

No Image

3.5

on 11/27/2005 9:59:00 AM

I got Sweet Pink in a sample tube and the first thing I noticed was the smell!!! ick! this stuff smells awful. Usually I dont care what gloss smells like, but this is horrific! The actual gloss itself is a plain color that does not do much for me. The only thing I like about it is that it applys great and makes my lips softer. I would not buy this product again because of the smell and it costs too much for a slint tint of color.

on 12/16/2005 3:09:00 PM

I love the color(i have wearable wine, which makes my lips look like I just feasted on fresh blood, hehe) & the mintyness, but I have mixed feelings about this gloss. the texture is very thin & almost oily, which I normally HATE( I'm a huge fan of thick, sticky glosses), however this seems to stay on well & last decently. BUT- it bleeds like crazy all over the place which just sucks ass. I'm probably going to try to find some sort of anti feahering product to use with this. its overpriced IMO, but seeing as this gloss is almost identical to one I had several years ago that was discontinued, ill probably repurchase.

on 1/1/2006 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Eh. Not impressed. I prefer the MAC lipglasses, the staying power is MUCH better and the color payoff is great, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

BE is such a great line but their lipglosses fall far short of their other products. The mint scent and tingly sensation are somewhat irritating and the texture is just too thin to last on the lips. I have several of these but I just don't reach for them that often due to the scent.
*update*
they have started getting rid of the scent but i think these tend to go bad fast.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got the lip gloss in Garden. I love this color. It made my lips look luscious and sexy in a natural way. However it does not stay on for long. That is a big downside and I was disappointed. If there is a way to make it stay longer I would definitely purchase it again.

I loved BE's gloss several years ago, but since then they seem to have reformulated and went from a lovely soft gloss to a sticky icky gloss. I hate sticky gloss and was so upset to discover the change. Maybe this makes it last longer, I don't know, I have to sipe it off within minutes of putting it on cause the sticky glue feeling is just too much for me. If they brought back the formula they had a couple years ago, this would be my favorite gloss in the world.

on 7/21/2006 9:03:00 PM

If you own one shade of lip gloss from Bare Escentuals, you own them all! THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE. I kept ordering them hoping to find one with color, after thirty + tubes, I gave up. The next time BE comes on QVC, notice the models as they demonstrate the different shades on their lips, You literally can't tell one from the other! Very "OLD SCHOOL." Try Prescriptives Moonbeam if you crave color with class!!

on 8/19/2006 4:57:00 PM

I have a countless number of these glosses. They are all very pretty. I have recently been wearing Gossip frequently. It cracks me up when people complain that glosses don't last that long. Duh. It's a slippery, moist product, that's what gives it that lovely look. All glosses are. Some may be thinner or tackier (meaning stickier!) than others, but I doubt there will ever be a gloss that could be classified as "long wearing"

on 10/21/2006 6:53:00 PM

These lip glosses are just average, if that. First, the packaging is very blah to me(plain tube with a silver applicator/lid). Second, the staying power is only so, so with these. Third, the colors are totally yawn worthy. They offer no unique or stand out colors! Overall, I recommended buying your lip gloss somewhere else. My favorite brands are MAC, Nars, and Bobbi Brown.

Okay, so I only have two shades of BE lip gloss- Friendship and Gossamer, but I am really happy with them. Most lip glosses are too much, I find... too sticky, too shiny to the point of scary, too easy to rub off. These aren't sticky at all, provide the right about of shine, and stay on just as well as their incredibly sticky counterparts. I plan on stocking up on more.