REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Propylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), FIL

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was normally never a fan of lip colours, I could never find my shade. The only lip colours I would wear were tinted lipbalm (off a teen magazine..) daily and Mac "Modesty" if I was going out.
When I saw this in Boots I thought it looked pretty and, being bored, I tried it on. My friend turned around and saw me and said "you look PENG". hahaha. it just rounded off my whole look and complimented my colouring perfectly! This is definitely my every day shade, and I love the formula. It's not very expensive either. For reference, I have dark hair/eyes and medium skin (NC30)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's a smooth application and looks great on my lips. A nice nude sheen!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

decided to try this out because of all the reviews on here. the color doesnt seem to work as well on my lips :(

on 5/19/2011 5:09:00 PM

My favorite lip gloss of all time! It's very smooth and not sticky at all! The best nude lip gloss I've ever had and it looks so pretty on! It's universally flattering! I hope REVLON never gets rid of this product because it's a must have.

on 5/18/2011 4:05:00 PM

I NEVER wear lipgloss, I normally just use chapstic or something, but I want to look polished and pretty. I came across reviews for this product on accident, so I picked it up at the grocery store and I LOVE IT!! It lasts a long time and looks so pretty, I am olive skin toned. Love, love, love. Will definitely buy again.

I have generally dark lips, and when I first wore it, I thought it wasn't very pigmented and just looked like normal gloss UNTIL I realized that it mimicked quite well the color of my lips, just slightly rosier and lighter. So the general effect is that it would look natural on most skin tones. My skin is somewhat warm with yellow undertones (NC30).

The formula does not feel sticky and does not dry my lips. The smell is okay, but usually goes away after a few minutes after application. I got mine for 4.99 CAD at Wal-Mart on special, but it is generally not expensive. You definitely get very good value for the price you pay.

So I definitely recommend buying from any colors from this line of lipgloss (especially this one and Coral Reef)!

on 4/27/2011 2:06:00 AM

I usually hate lipgloss but this is hands down, my favourite lipgloss. Its pigmented and matches my lip colour quite well, moisturizing, and not at all sticky. It's got a very slight shimmer that's not too much and flattering. The staying power is good, I can wear it for at least a couple of hours without worrying that it's going to disappear. It's also fairly inexpensive for the product that you're getting; I purchased it for around $4 at the time (sale). Overall, a gloss worth getting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am obsessed with this lipgloss! This is dead on the color of my lips, and it just evens out the color and adds a beautiful shine for a natural polished look. It is perfect for work or anytime you want an effortless, clean look. The color of Nude Lustre itself is a light pinkish peach, but with a slightly toasty tone (does that make sense? haha). I feel like it would compliment every skintone. And the consistency of all the Super Lustrous glosses are perfect: not too thick or sticky, but pigmented enough to wear on their own or to make your lipstick more interesting. It feels really nice on the lips. I usually wear Nude Lustre on it's own, but once in a while I like to top off a nude lip with this to give it more dimension and get rid of the corpse-like concealer lips. There are also tiny, tiny little shimmers in this gloss, but when you apply it, it just looks like a plain, milky gloss. If you're a neutral or natural look lover like me, then this is a must have! Everything about it, down to its packaging, is perfect. Great product!

on 4/12/2011 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I only got this because it was 75% off at CVS and I’d remembered it got great reviews here. ‘Nude Lustre’ does not really fit my idea of a ‘nude’ lip color, but I actually like it even more than a typical beige-nude color. ‘Nude Lustre’ is a fleshy peachy-pink color. There is very fine shimmer in the tube but its not visible on my lips. I’d say this has medium pigmentation, just enough for the color to show up on my pale lips, but still light/sheer enough I can apply without a mirror. It has a very, very faint vanilla ice-cream scent and taste. It feels very smooth on my lips and only the tiniest bit sticky. Not particularly moisturizing, but not drying, either. The lasting power is pretty good, about 2 hours, as long as I don’t eat or drink. For someone who gravitates to sheer berry and plum shades, this is a nice, fresh alternative that goes with any makeup look and will look pretty for spring and summer.

on 4/4/2011 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference, I wear foundation shade NC35-40 in MAC with pigmented lips.

Color - It's a sheer peach-pink nude with barely noticeable shimmer. It evens out my natural lip color and makes it look more alive and healthy. It's pigmented enough to alter other colors underneath it but not so much that you end up with something totally different. I think of it as a translucent tint. If you are familiar with MAC's Cremesheenglass, this is the older and more

Texture and wear - This is very smooth and non-sticky but lasts longer than other glosses with similar texture. However, since it's a little more runny than other glosses, it transfers quickly when I drink and eat.

Smell and taste - No noticeable scent unless you hold the wand really near your nose. Even then it's a very very faint (but synthetic) flowery-vanilla scent. Like you'll smell it only if you look for a smell. :P

Price and value - A whole lot cheaper than MAC (about half the price where I live) but I find that I like it better due to it's texture.

Overall - For a cream/matte lip lover, this one bowled me over and I'm now considering looking into the other shades available. :) Wish they'd expand the selection and I'd forget all about MAC's extreme LE hyping for these cheaper but better alternatives!