Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Propylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), FIL

on 1/24/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have never been into lip glosses and every time I use them they are super sticky and they feel very unpleasant, but! This...this stuff is amazing! I heard of this on YouTube by the beauty guru Emily Noel. She highly recommended this and now I know why! This color is amazing! It doesn't feel sticky at all and it lasts a really long time. It also moisturizes the lips really well! This is my first nude color and I am in love! It gives the lips a nice enhanced look and you can wear this alone or with a lipstick. The only downside is that there is a bit of a cough syrup smell to it which does disappear when you put it on. The packaging is great! It comes with a doe foot brush, which in my opinion, is much better than a brush applicator. The tube is small and its a great size if you want to carry it in your pocket. The black and gold lid looks very high end and for the price you pay $8 cdn it looks great! Highly recommend!

on 1/16/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I usually steer away from nude colors because they make me look dead. I'm NW15, probably even a little lighter in the winter. I bought this with a lot of hesitation but it ended up being an awesome surprise. The color is neutral but warm, so it doesn't wash me out and make me look sickly, so if you're pale and tired of pink, this is a great shade. Also, the super lustrous formula is amazing, so even if this isn't your type of shade, you should still check it out because they're great. Lastly, I love the packaging. The black cap is very sleek and makes this look more expensive than the few dollars I spent. Definitely worthy of a re-buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For reference, I wear foundation shade NC42-45 with pigmented lips.
It's a sheer pink beigey nude,not the a concealer nude but more of a healthy nude. Beautiful shade that I can wear alone or over lipstick. It's one of those neutral shades that can work for everyone. It has very finely milled shimmers that are not chunky or barely noticeable. The only reason I don't grab for this as much is the fact that it has shimmer in it. I think they should make available this shade and one without any shimmer. Everyone would love that. The texture is slightly sticky and runny and does transfer easily. These do need reapplied depending on how much you drink ect. These are a very great deal with bogo sales. I would probably still repurchase with the barely noticeable shimmer. I also like the tube since it wont roll around.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is a very nice gloss. I'm impressed with the fact that its a nice nude that doesn't look ashy on my skin. Although it seems sticky, it's not that bad.

on 12/21/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A nice peachy-pink colour that enhances my original lip colour. Yet, the formula is too glossy and thick for my liking. I felt like I had clownish lips when I wore this. Hence, 2 stars down. One for being thick and a tad sticky, another for making my lips look unnatural.

Lasts 2.5h but for the gritty texture, I will not repurchase! Also, I love to try out other glosses. A good drugstore option though.

EDIT 23rd April 2012:
I tried this on again and realised that maybe I was applyint too much the other time! This time round, I fell deeply in love with Nude Lustre (and Toast To Shine) and loved how it is a MLBB lipgloss that does not look overdone with applied in light layers. Definitely school-appropriate. For its price point, I would choose this over high-end lipglosses (think BeneFit) any day. I can see that with the packaging, it would not leak and it looks so classy and unbelievably chic for a drugstore buy. Definitely going to get these in other shades, can't wait! Upgrading to 4 stars. One star down because it is not very accessible in my country anymore. :(

on 12/9/2011 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! it blends perfectly and the color stays even on your lips. it keeps your lips moisturising and beautiful!

on 12/8/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Gorgeous nude gloss, not sticky but super glossy and fairly pigmented for a nude. It looks good alone but looks better over the top of a nude lippie or any shade, really. Even looks good over my tinted lip balm. LOVE. Will repurchase, and will venture out to other colours!

on 11/29/2011 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had this lipgloss sitting on my desk a few weeks ago and one of my coworkers walked by and said "Hey! I have that too!". I thought she meant she had the same brand but turns out she had the exact same shade. She isn't into makeup, I am. She's got different coloring than me, her style is is different than mine. My point in all of this is that this shade can work very well for a wide variety of people. This is one of my favorite nude type glosses. The texture is good, it's not too sticky and it's well pigmented. Excellent product.

on 11/29/2011 11:47:00 AM

got this bc it was on sale at Walgreens. Thought this shade (Nude Lustre) might be too light for me since i'm darker skinned, but it was GREAT!!! love the quality of the gloss. its sticky but not TOO sticky and nicely pigmented. it's perfect to pair with a dark smokey eye, or just for daytime wear with minimal makeup. the tube is nice and so far hasn't leaked out like a lot of glosses do. sponge tipped applicator, which i like a lot more than brush applicators.

go get this!

on 11/14/2011 12:51:00 PM

good gloss to use daily. I am not a gloss person so I would not repurchase. buh I do like revlon gloss over nyx mega shine, i think revlon is better quality.