Lancôme Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

3.6

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this mascara because so far I cannot find any better. It does the job, but doesn't make the lashes look clean curled, with good lenght and volume added.
CONS It will flake by the end of the day, give me racoon eyes, but not so bad. Hard to take off.
PROS Nice wand, easy to apply.
I will keep searching for a good mascara, I need waterproof for sensitive eyes. Any suggestions?

I love this mascara. I love the long handle. It helps me to get into the corners of my eyes very easily. I love the black color. It is truly very black. I love the fact that it really is waterproof. It stays on forever. I do wish, however, that it was a little less expensive. I love, love, love this product!

I bought this product because i needed something that definitely does not smudge- and it really doesnt. However, it doesn't really create much volume or length. It worked nicely for about 2 weeks, then it started clumping like crazy. It's also a pain to remove unlike my previous MAC waterproof mascara...

I like Lancome mascaras in general--they have the best, but I don't get the hype with this mascara used by itself. I can see if you had thick short lashes how this would lengthen, but if you want volumizing and lengthening I'd go with Lancome's Hypnose Waterproof. I live near a CCO that sells Lancome sometimes the mascaras are about $10 a piece with a promotion....I will say that it lengthens my thin sparse lashes but it does not add any volume and my eyelashes look weird unless I use another mascara with it to thicken it up! I have very difficult short straight downward sloping asian lashes and after I use my eyelash curler heated, adding hypnose and definicils together make my lashes look fabulous!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

the wand for this product is like a traditional mascara bristle wand but instead of soft dense fibers, it has hard sparse ones. the tube itself is squared, sleek and overall pretty, skinny almost - which is not a common trait for mascara tubes.

i got this product in black, but it seems more soft black in color (maybe i'm just accustomed to the dark blackness of my HG dior show). the formula and brush combo DEFINITELY add length to my short lashes. i curl my lashes before applying mascara and this formula keeps the curl well.

a downside to this product is that it started to clump after about 2 months of use. mascaras tend to have a lifetime of about 6 months, and other mascaras i've tried usually clump up around 5-6 months of use. i thought it was just dried mascara on the applicator, so i cleaned it off with brush cleaner and tried to reapply, but to no avail - the formula in the tube had gotten clumpy.

started to clump after about 2 months - usually 6m lifespan

I absolutely love, love, love this product. I am a huge fan of Hypnose Waterproof Mascara but my AAFES store was out so I opted for the next waterproof mascara and I am glad that my store was out otherwise I would not have ever tried it even with reading great reviews. I am one of those people that stick to their faves and never change but to all of you ladies looking for a better mascara this it it. It keeps you curl, makes you lashes look longer and fuller, no smudges for me (and I am a quite active for at least 10-hours in the day. I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awful, and I plan to return it to Sephora today. First, I don't even like Waterproof Mascara its so hard to remove and its drying, but, since I had been wanting to try this brand and they only had Black in WP I bought it.

Its not even black, more like gray, its not worth the price at all. I get a better outcome by using cheap Maybelline Great Lash. It does lengthen your eyelashes but, there are much better mascaras out there, hint Great Lash again. The worst part though is the strange grayish black color that's not even glossy.

I love Lancome mascaras but not this one. I sent my mom to pick this up for me (bad mistake) I told her hypnose but she didn't listen. First off this mascara doesn't come in 'very black' just black which to me looks dull and almost dark grey. Secondly, she bought waterproof (which I don't need nor want). So that was 3 strikes. But I said I'd keep an open mind and try it. We'll I've been forced to use this for the past week and I hate it. It does nothing for me, it's not dark enough and it looks dull. It's better then alot of other mascara's but I have high expectatons for Lancome and this one is a real dissapointment.

Hate this stuff! Goes to show how mascara is different on everyone- my coworker uses this and loves it. On me, it clumps like crazy, gives no definition or volume, is difficult to use, expensive, and crusty-looking. The only lippie is for the fact it doesn't smudge or flake, worth something. The spider leg look doesn't do it for me. Just tried Lash Power from Clinique and like it much better...cheaper too!

As of now, this is my favorite mascara - which is saying something, considering how high maintenance my lashes are. They are short, straight, sparse and prone to shedding. Lancome Definicils, though waterproof, does not damage my lashes. I have found that the best way to apply this mascara is to apply from root of to tip of the lashes, and then to use short, quick strokes to fan and feather lashes. For me, this technique builds both length and volume. I use Lancome Definicils in conjunction with the Shiseido Mascara Base (a must to hold curl) and together, I have the best curl-holding power with no smudging, flaking or drooping at the end of the day.