Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.2

on 1/20/2018 11:38:00 PM

I have normal skin and this foundation is wonderful! This is the first time I have ever bought a medium coverage, I usually go with light. It makes your skin look so smooth and healthy with a satin finish. It lasts all day with me but I do use a setting spray. I have used a lot of different foundations department store and drug store and they all work well but this is the first time I have
received so many compliments with people saying "your skin looks so smooth".

on 1/13/2018 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Update... I figured out why the staying power was not better. I had the WRONG shade. I just switched to Almond and it is perfect. The staying power is amazing 10 hours easily. When you have the right shade of foundation it really looks gorgeous It is perfect and makes my skin feel better with the coconut water. A great product for my skin that does not cause break outs. I have been now using this for at least 5 months and my skin is 1000 times better. This gives a matte finish that works for a woman in her 50s with mild roseacea. (although that has gone too. I guess I have been using the wrong foundation all these years) Yet keeps my skin looking younger without being greasy. I love this foundation better than any ELDW or Lancome. I honestly think it is the coconut water in this foundation as I stopped using all medications for skin. No more Finacea, no more azaleic acid, no more differin..

Truly my skin needed a foundation that was more like a skin cream. Something gentle and clean feeling that nourishes my skin. I am so thankful to have found this by a sales clerk at Ulta. I hope they never discontinue this lovely foundation.

If you are looking for a yellow based light white fair skin toned foundation this could be for you. If your skin is sensitive and dry this foundation and color could work for you. I chose the color Snow. And Snow looks white with a hint of gold going on my face. But, it does darken or oxidize and provides me with the exact light shade I am looking for. I used to have greasy skin but now closing in on 50 my skin has become dry. My skin has the orange peel texture around my nose and lower cheeks. I have rosecea so finding a foundation that can fill pores, cover texture and look beautiful is a challenge but TooFace born this way does it for me. For those with the red flushed look a yellow based foundation is the key to covering that red tone and this shade does it for me.

Does it last?
Not like ELDW but it gave me a good 3-4 hours of coverage. I tested without a primer for 3-4 hours of coverage. I need to carry a blotting paper or brush and powder to make it last. The reason I like this foundation more than ELDW is that it is easier to take off and does not seem to break me out. The foundation makes my skin feel better not worse after wearing.

Lasting power? Can I make it last?
Yes. I have tried this with a primer and when I use a primer I get a good 6 hours out of the foundation. I am still playing around with primers as I don't love silcones.

Good for dry skin?
Yes, for me it was. I have dry flaky skin and it does not cover the flakes but if you can gently exfoliate and put this foundation on after moisture it can cover your skin nicely. Just be sure to let your skin dry after moisture before applying the foundation as I believe this can cause oxidation if you mix the foundation with lotion.

How does it feel?
The foundation has a beautifully silky feel that must be because of the coconut oil. This does not dry quickly so you can work with it slowly.

Breaks outs?
This did not break me out and I have sensitive, easy break out skin with a red rosecea all over. I was impressed that it covered my skin without looking too heavy. But be aware those of us with rosecea need a full coverage foundation. If you are looking to look natural barely there makeup like Bobby Brown or Nars this might bot be your choice. This foundation has a medium coverage to hide your skin.

Does it seep in wrinkles and lines?
Yes a tiny bit. But not like ELDW or Revlon Colorstay. I do not think it aged me but rather the shade brightened my skin tone making me look younger the way my skin looked years ago. It does have a powdery feel so if you are looking for dewy tanned from sweating in the sun after tennis, this is not your foundation. This is a foundation that gives a matte effect with sparkles or shimmer to create movement in the light. It is subtle and lovely.

I would buy this again. While the lasting power is not as great as other foundations the way my skin feels during and after use if far more important to me.

on 1/12/2018 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's an average foundation average price and bottle. Nothing outstanding about it for me it's meant to be full coverage but there's other brands out there like Kat Von D and YSL which do a better job. Wouldn't buy again not a bad product but equally not wow amazing either.

on 1/9/2018 10:14:00 PM

I put it on the back of hand at Sephora, didn't buy the bottle though. Got home and there was a rash and little bumps all over that area. Not cute. I guess Im not gonna buy it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Terrible. I find this foundation dry and cakey. It looks like I’m clearly wearing makeup. It has itty bitty glitters in it. This foundation ages my by at least 5 years...

best foundation I ever used. i have dry skin and this was so amazing

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

NC25-30, I use Light Beige, I think Golden Beige would be a good shade too but it wasn't available in the store I got this from. This offers great coverage without looking cakey and makes skin look healthy and radiant when you first put it on. I have normal skin and I felt my skin was greasy by 5pm (I had put this on at 7am). It looked smeared on my forehead but nothing very obvious. I typically prefer matte foundations but this is a beautiful one. It lasts far better than any other dewy foundation I've tried (they usually disappear). I would highly recommend for dry skin.

Update: Tried a sample of golden beige and it is darker and warmer, but still a good match for those with a similar skintone to me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If you have dry/dull skin you will pry like this. This foundation has a decent coverage (not as high end as it says), but it's buildable. The color fits my skin just right, and I LOVE the finish on it. Gives a vibrant and slight dewy finish. It is a little pricey but since it works great with my skin I would buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I've ever used, provides great coverage and looks very natural on the skin. The only bad thing is that it does get oily throughout the day.

on 12/18/2017 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is still my favourite foundation. The coverage is a medium but you can build it up to a full, it doesn’t catch on to my dry areas, smooths my skin out, covers most blemishes and the packaging is so cute & luxurious feeling. My issue is that it gets oily throughout the day, settles into my smile lines, the colour oxidizes as you wear it, and the price is pretty up there since I run out of this foundation so fast.