Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

I have oily but dehydrated skin and was recommended this foundation by someone at Sephora. I had heard mixed reviews about this foundation but was excited to try it out. I was told it was for dry skin, so it would help with my flakiness. This by far is the WORST foundation I have ever tried, especially because it clings to my dry patches more than any other foundation I have tried. The only good thing is that the colour matched me perfectly. It also creases really badly around the eyes and doesn't last at all. Supposedly for dry skin...I don't recommend this foundation for anyone.

on 3/6/2018 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm usually a TM girl with or without concealer for most everything but my complexion has been a mess after having a baby. I have melasma on my forehead and cheeks and have been breaking out periodically . I also had the flu recently so when my anniversary came around I needed a foundation with coverage to look like a human being. I have combo skin and needed something that wouldn't make me oily and sits well over dry patches. I had gotten some samples of this foundation and the natural beige was a good match and gave great coverage without feeling heavy or looking like a makeup mask. I did use moisturizer mixed with a pump of Becca champagne pop skin perfector underneath and loved the results. Layered for full coverage this lasted 10 hours with no touch up or excess oil. With a light application it did start to fade a bit in the t-zone at the 6 hour mark. I went out and bought a FS bottle as soon as my sample ran out. I'll probably use this only when I need full coverage since that seems to be when this makeup is at its best and stick to TM for everyday wear.

on 3/5/2018 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It made my face cakey. I have dry skin and it just highlighted my dry patches

on 2/27/2018 11:13:00 PM

Love this foundation when I want a beautiful dewy foundation in winter that is not too drying. It is medium buildable and with a light powder lasts 8-9 hours. After that it breaks down a little and needs a touch up. Oxidises slightly. Probably won’t suit oily skin very well. Although maybe with mattifying primer powder and spray. Looks like nothing on the skin but with good coverage.
Update has been getting quite oily by the end off the day and I think it’s breaking me out. Not 100% sure as I’ve changed a few things at the same time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This used to be my holy grail foundation, but that was when I was still pretty new to make up. This was the first foundation I bought that matched my skin tone, as the stores in my area (before this area of my city) got developed, only the middle five shades of every foundation and concealer were available, and thus everything was too dark for me. Now that I have more foundation options, have used other foundations, and Sephora Philippines is a thing, I started noticing the flaws in this foundation. The coverage is not as nice as others in that it gets patchy, and it doesn't work that well with other products. In addition, I have discovered waterproof foundations and those last longer through my hours of theatre performances under harsh stage lights, fake blood, and sweat. This foundation gets patchier and patchier as the hours of it pass by. I now use it for events like parties and awardings, but otherwise it's not very long lasting. There are better foundations.

on 2/22/2018 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have grown to love this foundation now! It is my holy grail for my normal to dry skin. Lasts the whole entire day, great coverage, & now has an amazing colour range. Definetly will be repurchasing this again, go Too Faced!

This foundation has a pretty nice finish, but the light shades were far too yellow on me. I think a lot of really pale women need a more neutral or even cool undertone, and every single one was yellow!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This felt really good on winter dry skin but I tried 3 colors and they all were so yellow toned. I tried online first and then went into Ulta to get matched. Even with the professional matching the color oxidized on me to an orangish color. It was slight but enough that I looked jaundiced. SA gave me warm nude. I'm NC 20 in MAC. This has a lovely finish, covers imperfections well giving medium to full coverage, and lasts all day. It does transfer to phone and coat collars. Since the color wasn't right I had to give up on it. I'll have to keep looking for a foundation for my dry skin.

My Shade: Porcelain
Other shades that work for me: EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1, Nars Sheer Glow Deauville.

This foundation is really quite lovely. It is medium-full coverage but not at all cakey. It feels very light and skin-like - it’s one you can pop on and forget you are wearing! It wears extremely well, it doesn’t transfer, sink into pores, seperate or crack. It doesn’t become shiny or melt off throughout the day - it lasts well in the heat. It applies nicely with either a brush or a beauty blender and a little amount goes a long way and provides decent coverage. I used about a pump for my whole face. The only downside to this foundation is that it isn’t at all water resistant. If you cry, your tears will streak it off your face - even when it has been set with powder. Unfortunately this doesn’t hold up at all through crying - and I therefore imagine it won’t last through sweat or rain either. That is my only complaint about this foundation - and is the reason I deduct a lippy. I would definitely buy this one again, it just makes my skin look so gorgeous and pretty.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have dry skin and I love this foundation. I’ve been testing out other foundations and I always go back to this one. It doesn’t look thick, it leaves the skin Dewey and that’s what I love in a foundation. Also the color doesn’t oxidize to look orange like most foundations do.