Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.2

Awww, nuts. I KNEW I would LOVE this foundation...after watching many tutorials and reading all I could, I couldn't wait to try this. Well....I'm crushed. I was hoping...expecting something truly revolutionary, but IMO, this was a dud for me. When trying a new foundation, my test is to use it alone...no primer or setting powder. If it performs with no help, then it's worthy. If you have to use numerous products to get it to work, then IMO, it's not worth it. So my trials runs of this foundation were used on a bare face. To begin with, the color match was almost perfect. I chose Ivory, and it was about a half shade light for me, but fine. It went on nicely, however it seemed like i had to use more product than normal. Once on and buffed out a bit, it left a very matte, smooth finish...almost too perfect, which made it look almost mask like. Then, the trouble started almost immediately. Within 5 minutes, I could see the foundation settling into a few fine lines I have. Not good. I buffed them out a bit, finished my makeup, and went about my day. After less than 2 hours running errands, this foundation found every tiny wrinkle and every enlarged pore, and settled into it. Awful. Tragic And at this price point, it should have at least lasted 6-8 hours, even without primer or setting powder.. It's been a long time since a foundation so UNDER performed for me. Honestly...the L"Oreal Infallible Semi Matte foundation is much better than this...more natural finish....better lasting power, doesn't settle into every flaw, and $25 cheaper. By all means try this out...so many people can't be wrong. But if you have mature, dryish skin, with fine lines and/or enlarged pores, beware.

on 7/16/2015 4:59:00 AM

I really wanted to like this foundation. There was so much rave about it and the packaging is to die for. I was so excited to try it on and when I did, it looked absolutely flawless. I have OILY skin but I used a primer and a great setting powder over the foundation. I loved how it felt, how lightweight it was, coverage, consistency, color selection, how it looked on photos..basically everything. However, after about 2 hours I could already feel my oils seeping through the foundation. I began to look super oily after about 3-4 hours and I was shocked because I've gotten oily that fast before with any foundation and I even wore a primer and powder. Everything about this foundation is great, except the fact that it does a horrible job controlling oil. For oily skin girls, you definitely have to blot through out the day. Once you blot and take away all the shine and oil, your skin will almost look like how you first applied the foundation. I will be returning this product because it left my skin looking like I can fry an egg on it. Although you can blot and touch up to make it look flawless again, I'm not the type to carry powder or blotting sheets around and I prefer to wear a foundation where I don't need to touch up through out the day..especially 2 hours into wearing the foundation. I really wish it was great at oil control because it would've been my holy grail.

on 7/15/2015 1:46:00 PM

I honestly thought I had found my HG foundation when I bought the Armani luminous silk. It broke me out, but I ignored that and loved it. I also ignored the fact that I felt like I was wearing foundation and it transferred like crazy. Then I saw this foundation: hyaluronic acid to replenish moisture, coconut water to replenish moisture, , alpine rose for brightness, oil free, paraban free, and so many shades it made my head spin. So out of curiosity I bought it. Holy hell am I glad I did. It's a medium to full coverage, and it never looks cakey!! My skin can breathe while I wear it and I'm not breaking out at all. I love how it feels and my skin looks amazing while I wear it. I love this foundation. Good job Too Faced!!!!

on 7/14/2015 12:55:00 PM

This is a nice foundation but I would not call it HG, for me that is. The coverage is nice, but a bit on the heavy side. I can see where this would be great for younger ladies or those still experiencing skin issues (I have my bouts of peri-menopausal acne too) and this would cover all redness and blemishes very well with one application.

The color selection is tricky and really must be tested on the face and/or neck in natural light to get the right shade and undertone. On the inside of my arm, nude was a great match but on my face it had an extreme yellow undertone, so much so that it gave me the appearance of jaundice. I went back for lLight Beige, which matched the back of my hand well but looked too warm on the inside of my arm, surprisingly it was a perfect, neutral look on my face and blended wonderfully and seamlessly into my neck.

On me, this foundation dried down pretty matte, I know some reviewers stated that it remained dewy but that wasn't the case for me. It is rather thick, so I applied with clean fingers and after allowing to set for a minute I buffed with my trusty Sonja Kashuk domed buffing brush (white handle, number 130) for an airbrushed finish. Even before setting, the dry down was matte and definitely required a highlighter and contour to give dimension back to my face.

All in all this a nice foundation but a bit heavy, especially on the Texas Gulf Coast where we are experiencing 100+ degree temperatures at 100% humidity...outside this stuff sweated off in seconds. I will keep the bottle and use it during the fall/winter with a good moisturizer underneath. Will I repurchase?? Honestly, probably not as there are so many other foundations out there that I adore that provide the right amount of coverage with the perfect finish and don't make me feel as though I am wearing a mask.

Well I purchased this online from a uk page who ship products from sephora and us stores so in the us it's £27 but then taxes and shipping but I purchased for £36 including p and p. I had to guess my shade through the sephora website just chose medium with golden undertones am usually around an nc37. The tone I purchased was golden and once on wow it goes on so smooth!!. Gives brilliant coverage applies beautifully with a brush or beauty blender. Only reason I have given 4 stars is because I've used it for the first time today so will see how I get on! Skin can breath hasn't made me itch and prickle like some do and feels lightweight!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOOOOOOOVEEEEE this foundation! It is the best foundation I have ever bought! I have tried A LOT of foundations and I have never completely loved one. The coverage is amazing and build able but yet not heavy at all! It does not look cakey it really looks like skin. What I loved the most about it is how long it last. I have dry skin everywhere but my forehead with acne prone skin and a lot of dry patches. On my dry parts is perfect and on my oily parts is a little oily but better than any other foundation. I set it with powder and I promise you it last all day! It does not cling to my dry patches even after hours of wear. I wore it to a festival 90 degrees Weather and just set it with powder and it lasted me all day! All I had to do was put a little bit of powder and I was set. It still looked natural it didn't slide off my face. The only thing is that I don't think this foundation would be good for really oily skin. I have really sensitive skin and I break out with almost every foundation and I have not had any problems with this one. I wear nc15 in Mac and the color porcelain is perfect on my skin.

on 7/13/2015 12:30:00 AM

This may be my favorite foundation I have yet to discover! I am in between a fair skin tone and a medium skin tone with lots of pink and red undertones (due to slight rosacea), but bought this foundation in "Nude" which is darker than I would usually buy, but took into consideration that I am tanning through out the summer. It gives me full coverage while allowing my face to breathe, and blends beautifully with any brush/sponge that I use. You do have to set it with powder, but I feel you should set every foundation anyway to prevent running and creasing. I love this product more than I thought I would, and it is definitely my new go to.

I'm constantly on the hunt for a foundation that will make my blemished skin look flawless and radiant and the Born This Way Foundation by Too Faced did just that. The coverage is great and it wears evenly throughout the day. I can even tough up with a little concealer and powder before going out and it doesn't cake up. I gave it 4 lippies (I would give it 4.5 if that was an option) because once it oxidizes it's slightly too dark for me and I wear the lightest shade (porcelain). Otherwise, great foundation!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought the shade Vanilla the lightest shade available in stores, the description says its for fair/light skin with neutral/pink tones, well... it was VERY yellow. Every shade in this line is yellow toned which for some of us paler ladies it wont work for us. I tried applying it with a brush and because of how yellow it is it looked splotchy and uneven. I found that it did not blend very well for me. I took it off and tried it with my beauty blender... same result. Do to how yellow it actually is no matter what I did it just didnt look natural and I didnt get that "born this way" look because i was not born yellow. I returned it 2 hours after buying it. Maybe when Too Faced realizes that not every girl has yellow undertones and makes shades that are legit pink toned I will try this again but until then this one is not for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SHADE SELECTION: warm beige (NC37 for reference)
APPLICATION METHOD: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium to full coverage
- blends well
- lightweight
- does not cling to dry spots
- packaging

CONS

- settles into fine lines
- can look cakey in warm weather
- settles into pores
- gets too oily

COMMENTS: Medium to full coverage foundation (little goes a long way) with a slightly dewy finish. Love the packaging. It's lightweight, blends easily and does accentuate dry spots. Skip this if you're oily and avoid in warmer weather as it will look very cakey and less natural. This would be great for drier skin as even in the winter, it still makes me oily. It will settle into fine lines in less than an hour and after a couple of hours, my pores are very prominent. It's kind of comparable to L'Oreal's True Match, but without the cons.

Will not repurchase.