Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
- Nice natural finish
- I like the shade Pearl for my NC15~NC20 skin tone
- Pretty packaging with a pump
- It does not dry my dry skin

Cons:
- It creases in my fine lines (all day), even with a primer and a setting powder
- It transfers
- Pricey for what offers

Conclusion: I do not recommend that foundation. I tried applying in many different ways and it always creases in my fine lines. I have the impression it does not set on the skin, so it moves a lot, creasing and transfering all day.

on 2/11/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love the finish of this foundation. To anyone who suffers from old acne scars i.e. pitted scars this foundation will even and smooth out any texture on your skin. However, it is rich in emollients so if you have an oily skin this may not be the best foundation for you.

I pair this with Sheseido Refining Makeup Primer :)

on 2/11/2016 3:03:00 AM

I'm surprised by the mixed reviews and am not sure why because I simply adore this foundation. I'm 27, have dry-combo skin, and luckily have clear skin now... there's a silver lining to aging after all... no more pimples! I needed a foundation that wouldn't cling to dry patches, even out my skin tone, looks like natural skin, and is long-wearing and this foundation ticks all those boxes and then some. It gives such a beautiful luminous glow ... not the glittery kind, but the lit from within/I had my beauty sleep kind. I think TFBTW suits women with normal to dry skin best because the dewy luminous finish may not control oil at all. I personally hate the look of setting powder overtop foundation because it never looks like real skin to me. I find that even without setting with powder, TFBTW still has good lasting power (full 8 hr workday) and doesn't fade or break apart throughout the day. Blotting is necessary though... I usually blot with a tissue after 4 hrs of wear to take down the shine. There is a fine difference between dewy and oily and I prefer the former. This foundation and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (compact) in Opal are my current favourite pairing - my skin looks so frigging good, I can't even. The coverage is surprisingly good; I would classify it medium-full coverage. A comparable foundation to this would be YSL Teint Touche Eclat, but that costs more than TFBTW. Besides I prefer TFBTW more. To sum it up, I love this foundation and have zero complaints.

on 2/10/2016 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have a super golden undertone and normally have a very hard time looking for the right shade (almost always mix two shades to get my colour). Too faced has been the answer to my prayers, it caters to all you olive, yellow and golden toned ladies out there.

Pros: shade selection, great for normal to dry skin, full and flawless coverage, dewy and radiant, lasts 4+ hours, covers my hyperpigmentation without turning gray

Cons: does transfer and will oxidize half a shade darker, doesn't last long (but that wasn't one of its claims anyway)

Best application: beauty blender!

So far, so not good!

I had high hopes for this foundation as YouTubers were just raving about it. I actually think this is one of the worst foundations that I've tried.

I'm having similar uses with the product. It looks like it's just sitting on top of my skin. It's cakey (even though I only use one pump) and it's CRAZY transferable. Between my eyes, my nose and all around my mouth the product separates and just looks awful.

I have very dry skin, but I use a moisturizer as well as a hydrating primer.

I'm just so disappointed. I've tried using a brush, my fingers and a beauty blender. Nothing works with this product.

The only plus is the packaging. It sure is gorgeous, but I didn't spend $39 for the packaging.

I wanted to love this. I've tried applying it with brushes and beauty blenders and fingers. I've tried it on bare skin, over hydrating primers, over silicone primers, over moisturizer. I've tried setting it with powder and with setting spray.

And it just never looks good.

It looks mask-y and cakey no matter how thin a layer I use. It seems to ball up around my nose and it slides around and separates throughout the day. It seems to cling to and highlight my pores and dry patches.

I'm going to keep it because I spent a pretty penny on it and I'm holding out hope that I can find a way to use it that doesn't leave my disappointed but I definitely will never purchase it again.

on 2/3/2016 9:32:00 AM

I WOULDNT USE THIS AS A FOUNDATION BY ITSELF BUT AS A CREAMY HIGHLIGHT OVER MY PRO MAKEUP RCMA I USE PORCELAIN AND IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE CAKE FACE IT HAS A BEAUTIFUL FINISH IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN LIKE MYSELF I RECOMMEND RIMMEL STAY MATTE PRESSED POWDER ITS AWESOME PERIOD

on 2/1/2016 6:51:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with this. I have pretty dry skin and this makes it look flawless. The problem is that after a few hours it makes me look greasy! I've never had oily skin in my life! I have to make sure to set with powder when I wear it. Not sure if I will repurchase it because the maybelline fit me dewy + smooth gives me similar flawless results, is not greasy and costs a fraction of the price.

on 12/24/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Edit: This is officially my holy grail foundation--the search is over! Well... this, plus Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau and MUFE Ultra HD. :P For my dry skin type with hyperpigmentation, it is an absolute godsend. I have this in several shades: Ivory is for NC15, Porcelain is for NC17, Vanilla is for NC20, Warm Nude is for NC25. This foundation also runs very yellow, even in shades that are supposedly for "neutral-to-pink undertones".

To sum everything up: this foundation is NOT for oily skin, or even combo skin for that matter. However, it is wonderful if you like dewyness and have dry skin.

In the dead of winter, I am just a hair darker than NC15 and the perfect match for me is Ivory, which is a fairly light shade with strong yellow undertones. I also own this in Vanilla, which is too dark but it is my ideal warmer weather shade (NC20). This foundation, across the shade range, runs very yellow. Vanilla is supposed to be "neutral to pink" according to Too Faced, but it is just as yellow as NARS foundations marketed as warm.

This foundation does have really amazing, high coverage. I would describe it as the full side of medium. Honestly, the coverage of this foundation actually rivals the MUFE Ultra HD foundations, which I own in liquid and stick form! For most medium coverage foundations, I need at least a pump for one side of my face, but with this I have to keep it under 1 because anything more can look really made-up. Nonetheless, if I keep it under 1 pump it looks very natural, which is hard to achieve with high coverage.

The high amount of yellow in this foundation also helps A LOT for me when concealing redness. It takes me less of a hassle and time to conceal my redness and acne scars are covered up nicely. The lighter acne scars almost seemed to disappear while the fresher ones remained, but still satisfying enough for me. As for dark circles, for me it almost completely eliminated them; I only use concealer for highlighting purposes for my under-eye when I use this, actually.

This foundation has a really beautiful finish, and it is honestly ideal for me. It's not too satin, but not too dewy. It just makes me look like I have fresh, moisturized skin. The consistency of the foundation is gel-like too, which sort of surprised me. In this sense, it is "creamier" than a lot of traditional liquid foundations, which usually run a lot if I tilt my hand.

I'll be completely honest and say that this foundation's capacity to control oil sucks. Even on my dry skin, I see myself getting shiny around 5 hours. Anyone with the slightest bit of oil should avoid this. Albeit when it does get shiny, it doesn't break down as bad as other foundations do but I actually look pretty oily, which I didn't really know was possible. Setting powder is a MUST and this is not the type of foundation to where if you're going to be outside in the scorching sun all day.

All in all, this is a beautiful foundation but the wear time keeps it from being 100% perfect--still, this is one of my favourites of all time. I would recommend it more for those with dry skin ONLY, and only for winter use at that! I can only see this working on someone combination-skinned if they used mattifying primer and mattifying powder, which will disturb the fresh finish of this foundation anyway... so in this case, I recommend the MUFE Ultra HD liquid foundation if you're looking for natural, high coverage and good wear time.

on 12/20/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

HG LOVE!

Skin Type: Dry to normal, depending on the amount of oil I use at night, or summer/winter. My texture is normal to rough- I have flakes, wrinkles, and DEFINITELY pores. However, I do have decent skin, as far as pimples go. I have a ton of redness to correct, though.

Coverage: High medium to full.

I absolutely love this foundation, at least as far as the winter and fall months have gone (I'm in a very humid climate, so summer is really difficult to gauge) The glycerin sticks to my skin without feeling dry or tight by the end of the day/night, and I often forget I'm even wearing foundation. My pores are smooth, and it give an extremely similar finish to the Armani Luminous Silk, with a hint of more dewiness than the later. I've also diluted it with sunscreen and Mac Strobe Cream, and it works equally well. This is my holy grail, if you have dry to dry/normal skin you will love!