NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

I love this!! I gave it try after I got a sample at Sephora & I wore it all day w/ my urban decay setting spray & it lasted all night!! it was perfect. I usually have problems with cakiness and I have yet to find a foundation (or bbcream) that I really love & I think I've finally found it!! I feel like it works on any skin type bc I have combination skin & It looks flawless! it's very thin and can be build able but it had pretty good coverage w just one application (I have very bad redness and it covered well).i do suggest just like me to get a sample first bc everyone's different but I bet you'll like it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have normal/combination skin, I think I am NW20 in Mac and used the colour Finland, which suited my skintone very well.

I had an allergic reaction to this and it made me break out all over my cheeks which is abnormal for me. I was using it for 4-5 days, at first it would go on evenly, taking down the redness where I needed it. I would go about my day, but when I would catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror a few hours later, my face would be extremely shiny, and I would have red patches on my cheeks.. I gave it a chance, I really wanted to like it. I had started using some new products around the same time and was hoping this wouldn't be the culprit, but it was.

The packaging is nice, the colour range is great. I understand giving a poor review because of an allergic reaction isn't fair, but I was less than impressed with the consistency. It seemed to separate on my skin, didn't last long even after setting with powder, and was very visible. It made my forehead so oily, which doesn't happen with other products. I don't really understand the hype, but to each their own.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this. Wish it wasn't so $$ but I think it's worth it. I have good skin and just need light coverage. This does it. I use Alaska which is darker than youd think, and I have Cuba which I use in the summer (yes my skin tone is THAT drastically different lol). Its great to mix them too during the transition period. It goes on really nicely with your fingers (I usually use a blender but I use my fingers as the instructions say). It blends into skin nicely and just looks like natural skin, not dry or cakey at all. The newer NARS velvet matte tint is similar to this but much thicker so those who need more coverage would like that one. Definitely recommend this, and a little goes a long way, so dont be scared off by the price.

on 4/14/2016 11:57:00 PM

The shade Alaska matches my NC25 skin reasonably well. However, my skin is too oily for this - it starts out nice and dewy, and then melts in a couple of hours.

on 4/9/2016 3:49:00 AM

I got 2 tubes of these in swaps, in 2 shades: Alaska and St. Moritz. Both are gold-toned, but St. Moritz is slightly warmer/deeper than Alaska. Interestingly, they both look good on my skin tone since they sheer out. Alaska just brightens my skintone a bit and hides redness on my cheeks and around the nose, whereas St. Moritz seems to match almost perfectly.

This product is great for all-day moisture. My skin never feels taught or dried out wearing this, even with a matte finishing powder over it. Of course, this doesn't control oil so the matte look barely makes it through half a work day before retouching is necessary. No joke--took 3 oil sheets to soak up the oil prior to retouching.

Since this is sheer, it's great for everyday or natural looks but it does not hide dark spots or freckles and it doesn't help much with dark under-eye circles, so unfortunately I had to reach for extra concealer for problem areas. This wasn't the case for my favorite tinted moisturizer from Josie Maran, which provides exceptional coverage for what it is. But for those generally clear skin, this is a good no-fuss product.

For $44/2oz, the price is actually fair considering it's $22/1oz, the volume of most face makeup that typically goes for $30+ for higher-end brands. Not to mention you get a good SPF! But since my face needs a little extra fixing though that can be done for that price or less, I wouldn't repurchase. For those with dry but clear skin and a minimal skin and makeup routine, I can easily see this as one of their HG products.

on 3/29/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh. I'm in my mid-20s with combo oily skin and this just not jive with me.

The color Alaska is a perfect match for my very yellow NC20 skin. It looks beautiful when I first put it on, but it made me a damn oil-slick in a few hours. Accentuated my fine lines. After a few days I noticed lots of whiteheads sprouting up. My skin has finally recovered from puberty and I'm really not about that acne life. BYE

THE PLOT THICKENS THO. I gave this my mom who has much drier skin and it looks amazing on her! I give this 3 lip things because I do think it has the potential to be a beautiful product for the right person.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous tinted moisturizer with awesome sun protection. I no longer use foundation, just concealer and this and it's perfect for evening out skin tone and providing a fresh faced look.

I truly don't understand the hype around this product. This was one of the greasiest tints I have ever used. It just sat on top of my skin and moved around immediately as I'd put on the rest of my makeup, even after setting with powder. It also oxidized in a major way. For reference, my skin is incredibly oily. Sephora.com recommends this for oily skin, however, I felt pretty misled using it. After using it 3 times, I gave up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my usual base at the moment, my skin is oily but a bit dehydrated from the horrible cold weather and it's nice using this tm as it adds a little extra hydration and doesn't highlight dry bits or fine lines. I also think it's pretty forgiving of textural issues. I have a fair bit of pitted acne scarring and large pores on the cheeks around my nose and between brows which look terrible with the majority of bases I've used but this looks decent.

I use a moisturiser under this (Mac mineralize gel) as I don't think I'd get much hydration from this alone but I've used it alone in summer on non dehydrated oily skin. I actually think this is still good for oily skin even though it's very dewy on me as if you have truly oily skin the oils going to break through no matter what. With this i powder to set it and I don't get oily breakthrough much quicker than if I'd used a matte foundation and at least it stays put and doesn't get messed up by my oils.

My main complaint is that there is no super pale shades unlike the rest of the nars foundations so I don't have a good match at the moment, I am so pale right now I don't even look white with a yellowy green tinge anymore I'm white with a blue green tinge and both Finland (the colour I use) and terre neuve (which is only a tiny bit paler) are both a bit dark and muddy on me. I also really dislike the smell, sort of orangey smelling not so strong I can smell it for long after application but it's yuk whilst applying.

on 3/6/2016 2:26:00 PM

My HG, I love this and wear it daily. It has perfect coverage and lasts all day. I have combination skin with a really dry area around my nose. This doesnt stick to dry patches and gives a gorgeous glow! I get so many compliments on my skin when im wearing it. Shade range is fab too!