NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

on 4/9/2016 3:49:00 AM

I got 2 tubes of these in swaps, in 2 shades: Alaska and St. Moritz. Both are gold-toned, but St. Moritz is slightly warmer/deeper than Alaska. Interestingly, they both look good on my skin tone since they sheer out. Alaska just brightens my skintone a bit and hides redness on my cheeks and around the nose, whereas St. Moritz seems to match almost perfectly.

This product is great for all-day moisture. My skin never feels taught or dried out wearing this, even with a matte finishing powder over it. Of course, this doesn't control oil so the matte look barely makes it through half a work day before retouching is necessary. No joke--took 3 oil sheets to soak up the oil prior to retouching.

Since this is sheer, it's great for everyday or natural looks but it does not hide dark spots or freckles and it doesn't help much with dark under-eye circles, so unfortunately I had to reach for extra concealer for problem areas. This wasn't the case for my favorite tinted moisturizer from Josie Maran, which provides exceptional coverage for what it is. But for those generally clear skin, this is a good no-fuss product.

For $44/2oz, the price is actually fair considering it's $22/1oz, the volume of most face makeup that typically goes for $30+ for higher-end brands. Not to mention you get a good SPF! But since my face needs a little extra fixing though that can be done for that price or less, I wouldn't repurchase. For those with dry but clear skin and a minimal skin and makeup routine, I can easily see this as one of their HG products.

on 3/29/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh. I'm in my mid-20s with combo oily skin and this just not jive with me.

The color Alaska is a perfect match for my very yellow NC20 skin. It looks beautiful when I first put it on, but it made me a damn oil-slick in a few hours. Accentuated my fine lines. After a few days I noticed lots of whiteheads sprouting up. My skin has finally recovered from puberty and I'm really not about that acne life. BYE

THE PLOT THICKENS THO. I gave this my mom who has much drier skin and it looks amazing on her! I give this 3 lip things because I do think it has the potential to be a beautiful product for the right person.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous tinted moisturizer with awesome sun protection. I no longer use foundation, just concealer and this and it's perfect for evening out skin tone and providing a fresh faced look.

I truly don't understand the hype around this product. This was one of the greasiest tints I have ever used. It just sat on top of my skin and moved around immediately as I'd put on the rest of my makeup, even after setting with powder. It also oxidized in a major way. For reference, my skin is incredibly oily. Sephora.com recommends this for oily skin, however, I felt pretty misled using it. After using it 3 times, I gave up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my usual base at the moment, my skin is oily but a bit dehydrated from the horrible cold weather and it's nice using this tm as it adds a little extra hydration and doesn't highlight dry bits or fine lines. I also think it's pretty forgiving of textural issues. I have a fair bit of pitted acne scarring and large pores on the cheeks around my nose and between brows which look terrible with the majority of bases I've used but this looks decent.

I use a moisturiser under this (Mac mineralize gel) as I don't think I'd get much hydration from this alone but I've used it alone in summer on non dehydrated oily skin. I actually think this is still good for oily skin even though it's very dewy on me as if you have truly oily skin the oils going to break through no matter what. With this i powder to set it and I don't get oily breakthrough much quicker than if I'd used a matte foundation and at least it stays put and doesn't get messed up by my oils.

My main complaint is that there is no super pale shades unlike the rest of the nars foundations so I don't have a good match at the moment, I am so pale right now I don't even look white with a yellowy green tinge anymore I'm white with a blue green tinge and both Finland (the colour I use) and terre neuve (which is only a tiny bit paler) are both a bit dark and muddy on me. I also really dislike the smell, sort of orangey smelling not so strong I can smell it for long after application but it's yuk whilst applying.

on 3/6/2016 2:26:00 PM

My HG, I love this and wear it daily. It has perfect coverage and lasts all day. I have combination skin with a really dry area around my nose. This doesnt stick to dry patches and gives a gorgeous glow! I get so many compliments on my skin when im wearing it. Shade range is fab too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I loved Smashbox's tinted moisturizer but since that was discontinued, I was looking for a replacement and I tried this one. This is now my favorite and I like it even better than the old Smashbox one. It provides really good coverage for a tinted moisturizer and also provides a beautiful radiance to the skin (it's definitely appropriately named)! It's painfully expense but my first tube lasted me almost exactly a year (I used it fairly consistently) and you don't need to use a lot of it.

This is what I wear nearly every day, and have done for a couple of years now, which is a really long time for me to stick to one product!
I LOVE the way this makes my skin look and feel. I would consider it a light foundation coverage wise, a bit heavier than you'd expect from a TM but still beautifully sheer and dewy. Its so light and blendable that I am able to wear Alaska as well as Finland. Finland is a better match for me so I gave Alaska (the first one I tried) to my slightly darker sister, but I was still able to wear Alaska without looking weird. (I'm around NC10-15 or NARS Sheer Glow Siberia for reference). After I gave my sister that bottle she is hooked on it now too, and she would have never spent that much money on a bottle of foundation had she not tried it first. Yes its a bit pricey, but worth every cent IMO. I agree with other reviewers that sunblock in a foundation is kind of unnecessary as you have to wear a separate sunblock anyway, but having it in there doesn't affect performance, there is no whitish cast. It can feel greasy if you put too much on, but it absorbs amazingly well. I would be very upset if this was ever discontinued or changed drastically.

This is now gonna be a staple in my makeup collection for as long as it's made! Let me tell you why this is so great the texture is smooth and light but very build able coverage I would say this is very dewy at first but it settles to a satin like finish and its beautiful. This does last pretty long on my skin too it doesn't rub off or get all greasy either or get all patchy this is such a great product.

on 2/23/2016 10:00:00 PM

I don't know who is giving this rave reviews because for me, it was terrible! I had a massive allergic reaction to this, within hours of putting it on my face. My face was itchy, eyes swollen, and I read the ingredients list but could not figure out what I was reacting to. I also noted that within a few hours, it had worn off my skin completely. Initial application looked good, but in less than an hour it started to separate and by the time I went to wash it off a few hours later, it was gone completely. Not for anyone with oily or sensitive skin, that's for sure.