Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

4.2

on 3/29/2016 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm currently learning how to contour, and considering I used alot of powder based foundations and blushers, this looked like the perfect contouring kit for me to try out.
It's really easy to blend in and build up, for subtle effects to a more dramatic shadding.
It seems to last throughout the day, and integrates more with the skin changes, so that it seems more natural.
I used small angled brushes on the darker side to draw the lines, and small powder brushes for the highlighter to help blend. The highlighter isn't too shimmery, which I prefer, but I can definitely see it brightening my face.
I would definitely buy this product again and happy to recommend it to anyone wanting to start contouring.

on 2/26/2016 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Since everyone seems to love this product and went out and bought it. Well I ordered it online. I have tried this with different brushes, a sponge, even my fingers. But I just can't seem to make it work. The contour shade just goes on very patchy and the colour is too warm, not ashy enough. The highlighter shade is very gritty and just looks cheap when swatched or applied to the face.

I'm not great with contouring but there are defenitely products out there that work better for me. I really want this to work so I keep trying with it every once in a while, but it just never looks good.

I do love Sleek's packaging though, it's so nice and sturdy and I appreciate the mirror.

perfect

on 1/26/2016 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best contour kit I've used!im a bit off a snob where make up is involved and only buy expensive brands !until I asked my friend what highlighter she was using and she said the sleek contour kit!ordered it straight away from boots online !wow!i was just amazed !i got fair .The bronzer is the perfect color with no shimmer in it and glides on fab !and the highlight WOW!im obsessed with highlighters and have lots off very expensive brand ones but this is the creamiest one ever !it just glides over my skin and gives a incredible Sheen and glow but not too glittery !.only one I will use from now on !Thankyou sleek !!

on 1/21/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've never contoured before and this was the first contour kit I've ever purchased.. I would have given this product a rating of 5 since it made my face look so nice and defined BUT it gave me the worst acne I've had in a while in areas I never break out! At first it never crossed my mind that it was this product but since this is the only new thing I've added to my makeup routine, and considering I was only breaking out in the exactly same areas I applied this kit, (cheeks, jawline) I had to discontinue use of this sleek product. I'd rather have clear skin than a chiselled face! I've just stopped using it so I will update on whether my face has calmed down after discontinuing.

on 12/12/2015 7:44:00 AM

Nice contour shade, but the highlighter is a mess. The highlighting shade is too shimmery and there're a ton of fall out on my face. By the end of the day, my face is covered in glitters. Not a fan of it. I only use the contour shade. It's not the best that I have tried but it is worth the price.

on 11/29/2015 8:06:00 PM

I have this in the shade 'Light' and I'm MAC's Nc25.

Amazing product, amazing value for money! The packaging is SO GOOD (ugh, I love Sleek's packagings). It has a big mirror, it's sleek indeed and very sturdy. Perfect. Can't believe this is drugstore priced.
Before I get on with the review, I'd like to mention that both of these products don't last very well on my skin. BUT you should know that nothing lasts on my skin unless it's stated as a specifically long wearing product, so take that with a grain of salt.

Let's start with the highlighter:
- It is a light pink-ish champagne shade, slightly frosty (not in a bad way, imo).
- The formula is nice, but not particularly 'creamy' and smooth (which, to be honest, you don't find very often in powder products, so it's fine).
- Pigmentation is how it should be for a fair skintone: not too intense, not too weak. I always use a more precise brush with this, like an eyeshadow blending brush, just because it packs more of a punch, but you can apply this very subtly if you wish (ie, using the Real Techniques Setting brush).
- I find this looks super natural on me. The shade is just right, and although it's very reflective, it looks seemless on the skin. It blends very easily and I don't find it emphasizes little bumps too much (I mean, it's a highlighter. It WILL highlight imperfections to some extent).
- It doesn't have awkward shimmer to it, unlike Mary Lou Manizer which looks so much more fake
- It's not the highlighter I would necessarily wear for a party, but for a more casual makeup: yes.
- Not very powdery at all.

The bronzer:
- It's a neutral (leaning cool) toned brown.
- It CAN look a tad muddy if you're pale. But it won't if you start slowly and build it up.
- Very pigmented, so make sure to go slow and tap off the excess. Nothing too scary, though.
- Completely matte!
- On me, personally, I prefer a more caramel toned bronzer in case I'm going for a naturally sunkissed look (like the Solar Powder from Soap and Glory, which I also reviewed). And because this is brown, I like this more as a sculpting kinda product. It's not as grey as some would wish, but it's definitely not warm.

This contour kit is so cost effective! I really like it, specially for travelling, and I do intend to repurchase it in the future (although I don't think I'll hit pan any time soon).

on 9/1/2015 10:18:00 PM

Great Bronzer, useless highlight.

I have mixed feeling about this product and "would you buy it again" question..

* Shade: Medium (I wanted it to be dark on me as i use it for all over bronzer)

PROS

1. Great MATTE bronzer. Matte to the bones, no shimmer.
2. PIGMENTED. Careful fair skin ladies, once you put it you might not be able to take it off.
3. TON of product. More than a year and not even close to finish (of couse, i dont use it every day)
4. Travel friendly. I dont think this can ever broke. Fits everywhere.

CONS/PACKAGING

1. Small. I order everything online and pretty much everything looks way bigger in pictures. For reference, this fits my palm without reaching the fingers.

2. Highlighter is:

A) Not finely milled, not pigmented enough, chalky, standard drugstore highlight fail.
B) Too close to the bronzer to the point that the few times i've used it, it has left residues in the bronzer side.

3. Sleeks "all black everything" policy with packaging. This is a black case, with barely noticeable "sleek" letters. Looks extremely generic, opaque black, could be anything but makeup. Not vanity friendly.

Overall: I wish the bronzer was on its own, was bigger package and was see through. If you are looking for a MATTE drugstore bronzer, get it girl. If you care about pretty packaging or already have 1000 bronzes, dont do it. Wont make a difference in your life.

on 8/26/2015 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the perfect contour kit, I have the shade fair that is a really natural looking colour. It is matte and not orange looking at all. I even use it as a bronzer if I have a tan. It lasts such a long time as a little goes a long way. I apply the two colours with a real techniques setting brush and it works fantastic

on 7/27/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Overall, this is a brilliant 'drugstore' contour kit, one of the best ones out there. I own the shade 'light' and it is perfect for my pale complexion - not muddy, and no orange undertones!
The contour shade: this is a warm toned brown. It leans towards being quite powdery, but there isn't a lot of kick-back when you put your brush into it. It is fairly blendable, however you have to work with it. I imagine a slightly more creamy formula would blend more easily. As for the staying power, it's average, but it does fade after 5 hours or so, so if you want your contour to stay intense you might wanna take it with you for touch ups.
The highlight: this is a shimmery, champagne/ yellow highlight. It's not very pigmented, so should be fine on all skin tones. I shy away from glitter/ shimmer so tend to not use the highlight, but if lightly applied with a fan brush it can give a very beautiful, almost wet looking sheen.
Packaging: very nice and sturdy, my only problem is that it can be quite hard to open if you've got long nails! Also, because the product is quite powdery, if you're 'untidy' you might end up transferring the contour to the highlight or vice versa.
Overall, I will keep on re-purchasing this as it's a great contour kit for the price. Not sure if it can compete with other high end contours that have a more buttery formula (for less kick back and easy blending) but if you're on a budget, this is great!