MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner
Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

3.4

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is the only eyeliner that does not smudge on me. It stayed on all day and its my HG liner. Every other eyeliner,liquid or pencil, waterproof or not, smudge on me by mid day... ie Mac's fluid line, maybelline gel liner, revlon colorstay eyepencil etc. Not only that, it comes off super easy, no rubbing needed, it just flakes off with eye makeup remover.

I love the applicator, its a flexible, rubber like tip, very easy to apply a thin or thick line. I have it in defiantly feline - dark brown.

Hi!
Pros:
-smudge proof (but you need to apply a primer first)
-staying power 100% (but you need to apply a primer first)
Cons:
-Expensive for a little quantity 1.8 ml, because it will eventually dry up even if you don't finish it

I will definitely purchase it again because of the quality. Even though it's expensive, I will still purchase it, because the other liquid eyeliners I've tried doesn't stay long even with a primer. :)

on 5/16/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Man this doesn't come off. It's a runny liquid packed with glitter - don't really know where the pigment comes from, cause after the first or second swipe (before re-dipping, which I find necessary) it just lays down chunks of glitter bound together by something as clear as water. And then it dries to a tight and oppressive living hell. Well ok, it's not that bad. It stays on all day and night, times three, smudge-proof and budge-proof and bullet-proof and in a nutshell, when all else fails, this is still going strong. So it goes on wet and sticky, which is a little off-putting, but then it forms a kind of extremely strong film, which keeps it from moving and fading. Careful where you place it, because it clings to fine lines and tiny creases like no other. Now for color payoff, I have mixed feelings. It sure looks impressive on, with all that shine and gleam, but to this day I'm still in doubt about wether it's the glitter or the color that does it all. I have it in Nocturnal (silver), and when worn on its own it just looks like an off-white glittery paste. But I've also tried it over color, and I think that's an even worse idea. Over black for example (yes, I, like so many others, had tried out that Black Swan look for Halloween), it doesn't stand out at all - it just turns the black color more glittery, and it leaves a sort of odd transparent trace behind, which looks more like saliva, rather than a coherent and purposeful silver line. Oh well! Worked great for my costume and that's all I needed it for. Plus another time I used it on my lashes instead of white mascara, for another costume look. Yeah, don't try that. You'll want to shoot yourself in the eye to take it off, otherwise no oil/water/nuclear cleanser will.

on 5/26/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Defiantly feline which is a light brown. I don't really like the packaging as it gives a little too much product on the brush. However, it is relatively easy to apply, doesn't take more than 30 secs to draw a perfect line, doesn't smudge, the color is vibrant and it truly last all day. It comes off relatively easily with makeup remover and by some rubbing action. However, I don't think that I will buy again, I will try all the other brands before. See picture for a better idea.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It acts as a weird kind of mascara if the wand gets to close to my eyelashes, but it STAYS ON. The gold is a beautiful shade and the grey is really light so just check the color you buy.

on 9/10/2011 7:32:00 PM

this is the best liquid eyeliner ever! the pen makes it so easy to apply. its perfect for beginners, people that want to save time, and just people that like easy to apply, great prodcuts! i have it in black, and i just love it. its so black, it doesnt flake or fade, and its easy to get a thin, precise line, its easy to thicken the line, and its easy to wing it out a bit. its just perfect! i def recommend this!

on 12/19/2011 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

An upside to this product, and I only got to try black is that it stays on for a very long amount of time. I had it on for all day and had a sample swipe on my hand that is still there. There is no smudging and it goes on very easily in one swipe

Downsides to this product is definitely the price - maybe it is because I am a person who looks for a good eyeliner that does all this at a cheaper cost. And that it takes its sweet time to actually dry - I tend to blink after I apply my liner's and hate getting it all over my lids because of that and it not drying quickly.

on 12/21/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really like this eye liner. Its smudge proof, stays on all day and easy to remove at night. The only down side to this is the applicator - I feel like its too thick and short to get a precise application. But other than that, one of the worthwhile eye liners out there!

The colour I got was 'On the Hunt' (Black)
Verdict - I wouldn't re-purchse.

Pros
-Stays on forever (and I have oily eyelids)
-The applicator is very easy to use and makes for really accurate application

Cons
-Watery consistency when applying (So you usually have to do a couple of coats. I made the mistake of letting it dry a little in between so when I re-applied it got chunky and started flaking off)
-Super expensive (I wouldn't buy again, for that price I kind of expected a SUPER LINER)
-Dries out very quickly.

on 1/18/2012 1:03:00 AM

This is definitely the most durable eyeliner that I've ever used! As long as you don't touch it at all (if you touch it then it flakes) it will last you all day and all night with only one application. I have this in the purple (Smoky Heir) and I'm very satisfied with the color as it is vibrant but not too bright. The two downsides to this product are that it's very expensive for a small amount and that it takes forever to dry. It goes on with the consistency of a gel kind of but then it dries to be like... dried nail polish? It's extremely easy to wash off though (a few gentle rubs will wipe it off clean).