MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

4.6

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Perfect shadow for filling in my brows.........it looks so natural and beautiful. I also use it as a blender/crease shade for any brown look. I will never look for another brow filler again as long as Omega is still in existence!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a nice colour for everyday, I use this for school and it gives off a nice natural look. It is good to use on eyebrows to if you have medium to dark blonde hair.

MAC Omega is a matte, mushroom, greyish-beige (or "greige"). It is a perfect, neutral, mid-tone taupe without any obvious reddish/orangey undertones, but is not a blue-grey as it retains a hint of warmth. Note that it applies slightly darker than it appears in the pan.

Applied sheerly on fair to medium skin, this is the perfect medium taupe to shade the eyelids for a polished, daytime look (especially for work). However, like other MAC matte eyeshadows, it takes some work to blend into the skin and even swatch.

This is also the perfect colour (the perfect combination of grey and beige) to fill in my eyebrows. For reference, I am Asian, with fair-to-medium skin, and relatively sparse eyebrows. For comparison, Shu Uemura's Hard Formula in Seal Brown (a cult favourite for Asian eyebrows) is much darker. Depending on how it's applied, Seal Brown can appear to be too harsh and overly brown. I believe Shu Uemura's Hard Formula in Stone Gray is a better match for Asian eyebrows but since it was not available at my Shu counter, I'm unable to compare it.

Compared with Seal Brown, however, Omega is a much more flattering colour on me, and being a powder, it applies more softly. It is neither too dark nor too red/brown. Yet it has just enough warmth to avoid looking ashy. The result is natural-looking, believably full brows.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to always use a mac eyebrow pencil in 'Fling' which is a perfect colour but wanted to start filling in my brows with a shadow for a change. At first, I thought this was a bit too warm - I noticed a lot more red/orange undertones than what I was used to using. However, I gave it a go and it blends really well with my eyebrow hairs and since it's matte it looks completely natural and as though my brows are just perfectly shaped. It lasts all day long too, which is brilliant. I will always repurchase this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I find that this color is the exact same as CG eye & brow makers pencil in soft brow, I think the only difference and it's super tiny, is that Omega is a little bit more cooler and CG's soft brown pencil, a little bit more warmer but color is the same, to the naked eye I would never notice any difference, they are almost exactly alike.

It is a powder, so it doesn't last through everything, especially when it's hot/humid and your sweat starts to drip around your eyebrows then this is going to come off unless you apply something to hold it in place.

Color, I feel like the more you apply the darker the color will get and the less you apply the lighter the color, if that makes sense. that's how it works on me anyway, so even though this is a light shade I find I can make it darker as well. Eyeshadow is also pigmented well.

I am happy with this purchase, and will continue to use this. Very happy with it. Very natural looking color.

Under impressed...purchased as an eyebrow filler,Im returning this

This is probably the most versatile eyeshadow I own!
I initially bought it as a contour colour for my very fair skin, and now use it to fill in my eyebrows (works so perfectly!) and as a regular eyeshadow. It's so perfect, I'm no doubt going to hit pan on this multiple times.

looks amazing to fill in eye brows for those with light ashy brows. i love this color.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, and it's turning out to be the color I use when I just want to slap something on and get out the door. It requires very little blending and gives my eyes a little oomph without a lot of work. I've been using it as a lid color, but after reading other reviews, I'm going to try it in the crease. With Omega on my lids and brown/taupe liner (WNW Taupe pencil), I'm good to go. I've hit the pan on very few products in my life, but I can see it happening with Omega.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The is a mighty fine light gray-brown eyeshadow. And silly me, I'd put off buying it for a long time since it looked sort of blah in real life and online. But I finally succumbed due to Mac's ever helpful free shipping offers-which frequently draw me in like a siren dooms sailors to the rocks- and it turns out to be a brilliant neutral crease color for my light, peachy redhead's skin. Oddly enough, it's a better mlbb crease color than my warmer light brown crease shades (soft brown, bamboo, kid) due to the cool tones contrasting against my skin better. And it's better for my nc20 skin than copperplate since omega is a much lighter, cool brown as opposed to copperplate's dark, almost true gray tone. And there's the extra bonus pleasure that Omega can be used as a brow shadow should I want slightly darker, more dramatic brows. Very nice, indeed.