Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

I'm cautiously happy with this product. I have naturally dark hair and henna to get a reddish tint- saves me from looking like Wednesday Addams with my super pale skin. Unfortunately, the other day I noticed my hair was COMPLETELY red, which does not go with my skin undertones. I bought this in Light Chocolate Brown, hoping to add a bit of brown back in while still keeping red tones. This did exactly what I wanted. I left it in 10 minutes (NO MORE- I read that you are supposed to start timing when you start coloring, not after you finish, and as a result, many people end up with too-dark hair) and ran right into the shower. The conditioner is nice, I used just a bit of it because my hair is short and super fine, and rinsed like mad. I've read to lock in the color, not to shampoo your hair for up to a week after coloring, and the dye will last longer. I usually avoid chemical colors, and am hoping to be able to use this every few months if it doesn't fade. The color right now is perfect- my eyes look big and dark, and it perfectly matches my eyebrows. Will be a 5 star product if it doesn't fade.

*edit* This faded quite a bit but I had expected that since I used it over henna, which is like Super Glue on hair. My hair is in better condition than before I colored, though, so when my henna starts growing out I'll definitely use this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

One word comes to mind.....awful! I used this instead of Preference Excellence cause of all of the hype. It was SO not worth it. I used Medium Auburn (previously using Light Auburn in Excellence) and not only did I get "Hot Roots" as the colorists call them, but my hair was very dry after rinsing the dye out. I knew right then it was going to be bad! After drying for a few minutes I seen Reddish orange roots, VERY bright & then a Cherry Red tone to rest of my hair. All the new growth was very bright reddish orange & the rest of my hair to my ends was a un-natural looking cherry red. If you are looking for very bright red hair....then perhaps this is for you. I left it on for 12 minutes exactly, so it wasn't like it had been left on too long or anything. I am very unhappy and as soon as I can change it without drying it out further, I will. Oh, & by the way....hubby just stared at it, pretty much speechless. Just to add to my unhappiness! :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Perfect 10 Hair color in Medium Auburn is my go to hair color for red hair. I have med brown hair naturally, but have been a wide range of med-dark brown and black over the past 4 years. I had to bleach my hair once to a light orangey state for the color to take hold and be red instead of reddish brown. The only thing is that like other reds, it fades. Fast (hence the 4 for overall rating). Use color protecting shampoo, wash/rinse in cold water, DON'T shampoo for the first 24-48 hours after coloring and it'll last longer.

The kit is kind of expensive (~$13), but the color is fabulous, very believable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This dyes hair in 10 minutes, but the colour you get will last about a fortnight. The amount of colour that came out every time I washed my hair was crazy, and after a week it was just a boring, dull mess. Won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As a couple other reviewers have mentioned, this seems to be a 'Marmite' product - love it or hate it!

I got this very cheap, on offer in Boots for 4.95. I have always dyed my hair darker at home, or lighter at the salon, because I have such thick hair that I was too intimidated to bleach it myself. However, it is now cut very short, so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm very pleased with the result.

PROS:
-Creamy, non-drip formula; I'm really bad at getting myself and the bathroom covered usually, not a drop spilt with this
-Comb applicator; never used one before, will never use anything else now, particularly with thick hair
-Speed; whole point really!
-Smell; I detest strong smelling dyes, considering this was lightening my hair as well I didn't mind the smell at all
-Gloves; sooo good to have proper gloves that fit and stretch, instead of the cheap clear ones you usually get
-Colour; as it is on the box (mostly; limited by strength - see below), didn't think this was actually possible!
-Overall ease of use; simple, easy, idiot proof application

CONS:
-Strength; not the best word but...the coarser hair (nearer back of head) is still pretty dark. The finer at the front does match the box though, so it might well just be my pretty resistant hair (I left for 15 mins with this in mind)
-Amount: Hmm, either too little dye, or the applicator dispenses too fast, not sure. Considering I'm usually a two-bottle girl when my hair is long, I know how to eke it out! Plus my hair is maybe 80% shorter than before. The bottle was spluttering with about a third to go. It made it, but for long hair definitely consider buying two.

I'd also note that I have a lot of red in my dark blonde hair and the blonde versions of this (even the ash blonde) REALLY bring that out, more so than any others I've used, so do chose your colour carefully if you are using a blonde one.
Overall: will definitely use this from now on. The time, applicator, price and colour match with the box make it perfect.

on 8/27/2009 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've used many different drugstore (and salon) hair colors before, and have been dying my hair for about 10 years. This is the first color kit that made me horribly aware of the damage hair coloring can cause. The only reason why it got 2 lippies instead of 1 was because unlike Feria, the color washes out in the sink until the water runs clear, instead of continuing to bleed out everytime my hair got the least bit wet. Otherwise, this really damaged my hair and left it in horrible condition. I believe I used a Medium Brown (ash brown?) and while the color wasn't bad, the terrible condition my hair was left in overshadowed the color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Fantastic product. So much easier than the regular Nice 'n' Easy (which I loved). Takes half the time, more thorough, and leaves hair looking healthy and shiny.
The applicator I think is what makes this product so good. It's just so much easier to get into the roots and it only took about five minutes to apply it to all my hair. My hair is long and thick and I usually have to buy two bottles. However, with this I only needed one. There wasn't more dye provided, I think this, also, was down to the applicator.
A lot of people have said that the ten minutes required for it to work wasn't enough time, and their hair didn't come out right. I myself didn't have this problem and many other people haven't either. However, it seems this is a hit or miss product, so be wary of misleading reviews. Everyone is different and something which may work for one person won't always work for another, and vice versa.

I have used almost every home hair color kit on the market and only detest one (excellence "to go"). This kit gets high marks for the ease of application (i actually prefer slightly "runny" to super thick--easier to apply) not too horrible smell, lack of smell after rinse, and the best part? The color actually looks exactly like the box! I got runway blonde which was actually a couple of shades darker and more golden than my latest platinum blonde color. So, my roots were light brown/dishwater blonde and the rest was platinum, as I said. And the whole thing turned out a rather lovely shade of light golden blonde which looks natural and shiny. I can definately tell it is less damaging than color-silk, which I had been using, it is so cheap. But, for me, it really is worth it to spend the extra money. I dont have any greys but I am going to get this for my mum to see if it works well, she hates waiting 40+ minutes for excellence!

on 8/15/2009 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

For what it's worth, this product has led me to believe that as far as home hair color, a comb applicator is my best friend. I have never before had the kind of even result this product has given me, and I think it's definitely due, in large part, to the comb applicator included. The dye *is* drippy, however, smells noxious (perhaps more so than the other brands I've tried - Garnier, Preference, Natural Match etc.) and unfortunately, though you don't smell the hair dye post-wash, there's still that residual smell that combines with the conditioner to create a dizzying miasma. Nevertheless, the color, like I said, turned out well and very even, though how much of this is attributed to the dye itself, I'm not entirely sure. I usually dye my hair anything from medium brown to soft black (when the brown starts to turn brassy) and the last color I had on was soft black. I got this in Medium Brown, and the result is a natural dark brown. Now, I didn't expect to get true-to-box color given that I have a base color of dyed-black, but the results turned out better than I expected. But back to the comb applicator: if you have thick thick thick thick hair like I do, and the little spout that usually comes with home dyes just isn't cutting it, this is what you need. What's more my hair is halfway down my back, so the fact that I managed to spread even color throughout in less than 10 minutes is I think, a rather impressive feat.

on 8/13/2009 6:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i got this product when i really really needed to touch my roots up and the brand i normally used was sold out any way i dont know what it is with nice n easy but it seems to turn my hair grey.......maby its because i coloured my hair with a other brand before i used the nice n easy? idk but i'll defo saty away from this product next time!