Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

on 2/14/2011 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have never liked wearing liquid foundations. No matter how light or sheer a brand claims to be, I just cannot stand the feeling of them on my skin. I have used Bare Escentuals mineral foundation for years but was never really happy with the sheen that product has. Neutrogena products have always been hit and miss with me, and this is definitely a big hit. I have been using this every day for several months now and I find this to give me just the type of coverage I look for. I buff it on with a medium-sized, fairly dense kabuki brush and find that I can easily control the amount of coverage I need and that it is very buildable. It does an excellent job of evening out my skin tone and never feels cakey or heavy. It feels like my skin can breathe. I also like that it provides more of a matte finish. I will continue to repurchase as I believe this truly does wonders in helping achieve that flawless look.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was skeptical about this product because i'm not usually a fan of neutrogena but i'm glad i did try this.This stays on all day and gives good coverage.I use the color Honey beige and I love it.I have oily skin and it keeps my oil at bay.I would buy this again.

Its all true. HG!!!! Luvs it (:

on 4/15/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

coverage: very light
Ideal for oily skin, because it will dry out dry skin (i have combo skin and this made the skin in my nose get flaky)
makes skin matte and has spf20 in it
overall I reallly like it its great for my oily skin since it was flaking me out a little
i put a good amount of moisturizer on to leave my skin feeling a bit oily..and then put the mineral powder on ..my skin feels smooth and shine free but moisturized...hope this helps

i use a kabuki brush to put it on ..i like it better that the sponge that it comes with..

on 10/10/2009 2:17:00 PM

i got this in natural beige and i really really like it. i use a little bit of maybelline dream liquid mousse foundation and then out the the neutrogena on top kind of like a finishing powder and its amazing. myskin looks really smooth and the combo matches my skin tone almost prefectly which is as good as it gets when it comes to drugstore foundation tones. it is a little more expensive than other drugstore brands but deff worth it. i dont use the sponge instead i use a mineral brush and it works tons better.

on 4/18/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I personally do not use it as a foundation-powder, but just use it to set my normal foundation (I need a lot of coverage because of acne and scars). I use it usually over my Revlon liquid foundation, and I use it for touch-ups throughout the day. I think it works amazingly! I think it leaves a pretty flawless finish, though, if you add too much, it will look cakey. But, all-in-all, I really like this product. It doesn't break me out and feels very light-weight. I will definetly repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to love this, but I don't. The powder itself is just so-so...and the idea that the brush is connected is good in theory, however I was practically having nightmares thinking about how dirty it was getting and all of the bacteria growing in it because you can't clean it. Also the powder doesn't come out very well. Definitely not worth $10 and I won't be buying this again. :(

on 1/7/2009 9:47:00 PM

I have the Honey Beige 70. I really like it! As a first time powder user, I'm impressed. I'm looking for other powders to see, but I'm cool with this one.

Pros: It matches my tone perfectly. It gives me a flawless, youthful look. It is just fantastic with its packaging with a mirror and little pad with it! Very convenient. It made my skin glow more and I think it's helping the coloration after as well as my tone. It makes my skin feel brighter and lighter. It covers my scars at first, BUT...
Cons: This stuff comes off so easily. The WIND could take it off. After a few hours, you have to reapply all over again, because it fades or comes off, and my acne scars show so bad, AND when you DO apply it, it looks all fake and powdery and chalky.
(It does say 'lightweight'. I'm not a fan of 'lightweight'.)
Overall, if you have awesome skin and want to make it awesomer, don't mind that it sheds over everything, don't mind it fading so quickly, like to primp and powder your face up, and improve your skin's clarity, tone, and texture: get this! Otherwise don't! Until I find a better foundation to wear under it, I'll buy it again because I like it. (Don't let the 'cons' say that I don't. I'm just saying stuff I don't like about it.) It's a pretty neat product anyways. I don't breakout with it and it actually helps my acne. I recommend it. :-)

EDIT!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!! This is horrible. It got all dewy into a foundation. It starts off powder, then goes to a clumpy, unusable foundation after a month. GROSS. Goes on horribly. Won't buy it again. Disappointing.

on 6/8/2008 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

this powder is ok, dont think it should be called a foundation because it doesn't really have the coverage to cover blemishes or broken cappilaries. nice and clean feeling on. good if you want to soak up a little shine in the middle of the day. i don't care for the packaging they should have made something a littler more sleeker (thinner) , too big to fit in a smaller purse. overall a nice feeling powder but probably wont buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had reviewed this in another category, then I saw this is the place that everyone is reviewing it, so I am putting my review here, with some edits.

I bought this in Classic Ivory, the lightest shade, and it works for my really fair olive face. It's not too pink, which I have had such a hard time with in other foundations! I have to say, if you put a lot of this on your bare face, it will come out really pale and chalky looking. What I do is put sunscreen on first, then let it sink in, then blot off any excess, then put the foundation on, and then it doesn't look chalky, and it's actually a little darker.
I have oily skin, so if you do also, you will have to touch up during the day, but all I do is just put a little more on, and I don't need to do it that often. Also, since it's not meant to be a full-coverage foundation, I found that a little shine actually doesn't look that bad. The great benefit of this foundation is that it's so easy and quick to put on! I was using Colorstay for full-coverage days, but I find that I'm using this Neutrogena one for just day-to-day stuff. You can build it to a medium coverage, which I do on my cheeks and nose because I have mild rosacea, and it seems to cover that just fine. It looks much more natural than Colorstay.

For the price, I think it's worth giving it a try if you are looking to see what mineral makeup is all about, and/or you want an easy and quick foundation. To me it seems inexpensive because because I'm used to department store products. I paid $11.69 for it at Target, so to me that's a huge bargain!
I'm definitely buying this again!